Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Lunch during Ramadan

Lunch during Ramadan

Old Jul 13th 2013, 10:39 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lunch during Ramadan

Just been to Jebel Ali Club, bit basic but not bad food. Buffet lunch available everyday during Ramadan for 49 dhs and for those of who smoke, you can smoke there too. Only place I have found that allows smokers.
Old Jul 13th 2013, 2:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

You must be really bored BC.
Old Jul 14th 2013, 6:00 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Didn't look hard enough?

One of my few friends still in the UAE is leaving at the end of July and has been staying at the World Trade Centre hotel apartments on Sheikh Zayed (the three old buildings?). They have a big pool and pool bar that's open all day during Ramadan serving food and he can smoke.

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
Just been to Jebel Ali Club, bit basic but not bad food. Buffet lunch available everyday during Ramadan for 49 dhs and for those of who smoke, you can smoke there too. Only place I have found that allows smokers.
Old Jul 14th 2013, 6:23 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

went to more at the gold and diamond park on friday.

Total cluster ****

service was non existent, food was cold, orders were wrong and the food quality was shockingly low.

massive fail on mores part, dont think they expected to be qued out the door.
Old Jul 14th 2013, 6:55 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Every time I see this thread I think BC is inviting us all out for lunch...

Old Jul 14th 2013, 7:14 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ethos83
Didn't look hard enough?

One of my few friends still in the UAE is leaving at the end of July and has been staying at the World Trade Centre hotel apartments on Sheikh Zayed (the three old buildings?). They have a big pool and pool bar that's open all day during Ramadan serving food and he can smoke.
yes but I can't include that on the list as as far as I am aware it is members only facility.
Concierge

Originally Posted by shiva
went to more at the gold and diamond park on friday.

Total cluster ****

service was non existent, food was cold, orders were wrong and the food quality was shockingly low.

massive fail on mores part, dont think they expected to be qued out the door.
never liked any of them
Concierge

Originally Posted by Meow
Every time I see this thread I think BC is inviting us all out for lunch...

more than happy to prepare some sandwiches here
Old Jul 14th 2013, 7:16 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

more than happy to prepare some sandwiches here
I've got some lovely ham, cheese, pickle, mayo, lettuce cheesey baps for lunch.

Honestly can't wait to eat them. I tested the potential for salad cream instead of mayo yesterday with half a French stick, but it didn't do it for me.

It's also exciting because I got the ham cut really thin at the deli counter and stuffed loads of it in.

There IS a plus side to waving bye to the mrs for three weeks....EXTRA HAM!
Old Jul 14th 2013, 8:52 am
BE Enthusiast

spartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of light

To the Guy in Riyadh. Try the Khozama hotel, turn right at the door and the small resturant is open 24 hrs. Real godsend in the holy month.
Old Jul 14th 2013, 11:13 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Scamp
I've got some lovely ham, cheese, pickle, mayo, lettuce cheesey baps for lunch.

Honestly can't wait to eat them. I tested the potential for salad cream instead of mayo yesterday with half a French stick, but it didn't do it for me.

It's also exciting because I got the ham cut really thin at the deli counter and stuffed loads of it in.

There IS a plus side to waving bye to the mrs for three weeks....EXTRA HAM!
mmm interesting, I sway between both salad cream and mayonnaise but I think mayo is my favourite, the lemon mayo is nice agree re the ham
Old Jul 14th 2013, 11:16 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

mmm interesting, I sway between both salad cream and mayonnaise but I think mayo is my favourite, the lemon mayo is nice agree re the ham
I am with you on that, mayo edges it. Not sure about lemon mayo though, seems a bit much.
Old Jul 14th 2013, 11:57 am
Concierge

I am with you on that, mayo edges it. Not sure about lemon mayo though, seems a bit much.
try it, I prefer salad cream with tuna
Old Jul 14th 2013, 11:58 am
Account Closed

try it, I prefer salad cream with tuna
Bleurgh. Tuna.

I'll try it, garlic mayo isn't shabby.
Old Jul 14th 2013, 11:59 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Bleurgh. Tuna.

I'll try it, garlic mayo isn't shabby.

Garlic mayo with fat chips

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.