Reload this Page >

Lost mobile phone. Now what?

Lost mobile phone. Now what?

Old May 15th 2009, 3:55 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Lost mobile phone. Now what?

Annoying. Have no idea how I lost it.

Is it possible to keep access to the same mobile number? I'm expecting a bunch of important phone calls relatively soon, so if I go out and get a new phone, will Etisalat be able to resume service with my original phone number, even with a replacement SIM card?
Old May 15th 2009, 4:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lost mobile phone. Now what?

yes, go to the etisalat office (don't know where you live, there's one near the al murooj by defence roundabout) and get them to cancel the sim, and you can keep the same number...

MM, xx
Old May 15th 2009, 7:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
yes, go to the etisalat office (don't know where you live, there's one near the al murooj by defence roundabout) and get them to cancel the sim, and you can keep the same number...

MM, xx
Dont forget to take your passport copy!!......essential to put a stop on it. New sim/same number used to be 50 Dhms but that was some years ago!
Old May 15th 2009, 9:33 am
Forum Regular

MAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jim Smith
Dont forget to take your passport copy!!......essential to put a stop on it. New sim/same number used to be 50 Dhms but that was some years ago!
It was still 50Dhms last year when I lost both of my phones on the same night..

I went to the Etisilat office in the Kahleej Centre in Bur Dubai, it was all done and dusted within 5 mins (well once I went back home and got my passport).

Even my phone credit was still available.