Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Looking for work in Dubai

Looking for work in Dubai

Old Mar 11th 2005, 12:20 am
Just Joined

Henna is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Looking for work in Dubai

Been reading how long people have been waiting for a reply from Emirates Group I know wat u mean Ive been waiting months ! Out of frustration i have now ended up applying for several positions still no reply I have even visited the Emirates Office in person while visiting Dubai and still no reply!. I am now back in London and waiting patiently.

I made applications for HR admin positions for hotels while visiting Dubai but the salary offered was way too low so I have decided to stick to applying for better paid jobs over internet. Any advice is much appreciated am I better off searching by internet in London or do I have a better chance whilst visiting Dubai.

Also I had major problems staying with relatives in Dubai they think me being a pakastani girl I should quit and get married ! so if I do come back in the next month would like my own accommodation a room to rent any advice how to go about this by the way if anyone has any information about office admin vacancies in Travel and Tourism industy, or television etc willing to try something new please let me know
Old Mar 11th 2005, 12:49 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking for work in Dubai

Welcome to the site.

Well check out the FAQ's first, there's loads of links there for places to stay, and for job hunting....but like everyone says, best bet is to be there, these agencies get hundreds of emails a day and chances are they don't bother with most emails as they don't have the time, unless you either have serious skill set, or are there in person so they can check you out...goodluck
Old Mar 11th 2005, 8:45 am
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Henna
Been reading how long people have been waiting for a reply from Emirates Group I know wat u mean Ive been waiting months ! Out of frustration i have now ended up applying for several positions still no reply I have even visited the Emirates Office in person while visiting Dubai and still no reply!. I am now back in London and waiting patiently.

I made applications for HR admin positions for hotels while visiting Dubai but the salary offered was way too low so I have decided to stick to applying for better paid jobs over internet. Any advice is much appreciated am I better off searching by internet in London or do I have a better chance whilst visiting Dubai.

Also I had major problems staying with relatives in Dubai they think me being a pakastani girl I should quit and get married ! so if I do come back in the next month would like my own accommodation a room to rent any advice how to go about this by the way if anyone has any information about office admin vacancies in Travel and Tourism industy, or television etc willing to try something new please let me know
welcome to the site henna.

I agree with Bob.... use the FAQ's and yeah ur chances r better whilst in Dubai. Hotels and furnished apartments are ur best bet for individual, private accom.

Good luck and enjoy the site.
Old Mar 11th 2005, 10:09 pm
Just Joined

Henna is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Face81
welcome to the site henna.

I agree with Bob.... use the FAQ's and yeah ur chances r better whilst in Dubai. Hotels and furnished apartments are ur best bet for individual, private accom.

Good luck and enjoy the site.

Thanks 4 the advice ill keep trying.