British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   looking to teach in dubai (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/looking-teach-dubai-217664/)

debio Mar 16th 2004 4:45 pm

looking to teach in dubai

Hi,
Anyone out there with any info on teaching posts in Dubai.
Have loads of experience and looking for new challenges.
Have 2 children and a partner -not married.Would this affect my chances?
thanks in anticipation
Debi

Balushi Mar 17th 2004 6:20 am

Re: looking to teach in dubai

Originally posted by debio
Hi,
Anyone out there with any info on teaching posts in Dubai.
Have loads of experience and looking for new challenges.
Have 2 children and a partner -not married.Would this affect my chances?
thanks in anticipation
Debi
If you are a British teacher than you have better chances than anyone! - If that is who wanna teach the english language to non native speakers like me.

No You personnel life is for u! and keep it this way behind your closed doors. It has no effect on your chances of finding a job.

The right time to apply for teaching jobs is in the Springs.

Wish u all the best.

debio Mar 17th 2004 8:13 am

thanks for the reply balushi. I would like to teach primary age(5-11yrs.)Not english as a foreign language.
Anyone else got any tips.
Saw 2 ads for the jebel ali school-that i would be suitable for.Been on their website and it looks very good.Anyone got any first hand experience with this school.
cheers,
Debi

Balushi Mar 17th 2004 5:13 pm

thanks for the reply balushi. I would like to teach primary age(5-11yrs.)Not english as a foreign language.
Anyone else got any tips.
Saw 2 ads for the jebel ali school-that i would be suitable for.Been on their website and it looks very good.Anyone got any first hand experience with this school.
cheers,
Debi
Been? never heard of that name before!

The Reputed Group in Education here is "Varkey Group"! I know a guy who is an Headmaster in a good school but i lost contact witha him! Let me see if i can be of any help and i will be glad to.

philipz Mar 18th 2004 1:56 am

Well there are many english schools in the UAE and you can find most of their websites at here.

debio Mar 18th 2004 8:04 am

Many thanks for the replies.

Balushi-Been -meaning i have looked at their website.

Have found a few websites but only 2 actually seem to advertise their vacancies on school site.

I'll keep looking :)

Debi

Thans for the links philipz

Balushi Mar 19th 2004 5:14 pm

Balushi-Been -meaning i have looked at their website.

Gosh! How couldn;t i read that? sorry abt that...

Wish you all the best and you are in the right place at the right time.

The thing is that I know a English-Canadian guy but I approached him on one occasion to get help for someone and I was really Dissapointed with his response :(

Sad even he lived in such a place like Dubai and Socialized with people like us and still couldn;t take the good habits from us! - i.e Help someone if you can!

Malai'sh!

I know an Indian guy as well but i am out of touch witha him, I will try if I could get the hang of him. and will let u know further thru P.m.

debio Mar 19th 2004 8:44 pm

Cheers Balushi :beer: -Your a gentleman. :)