Looking for Room to rent

Looking for Room to rent

Old Jul 26th 2008, 7:44 am
Hec
Just Joined

Hec is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Looking for Room to rent

Hi All,

I'm a 23yr old aussie female looking for a room to rent in Abu Dhabi... have been a bit scared by the adds saying "One Bedroom for rent, you share bed with me can stay free of cost....." Concerns me a lot so figure the best bet might be to share with other expats (please don't ask me to share your bed )

If anyone knows any places available please PM me

Thanks
Hails.
Old Jul 26th 2008, 7:55 am
Here comes the Sun

twinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking for Room to rent

Originally Posted by Hec
Hi All,

I'm a 23yr old aussie female looking for a room to rent in Abu Dhabi... have been a bit scared by the adds saying "One Bedroom for rent, you share bed with me can stay free of cost....." Concerns me a lot so figure the best bet might be to share with other expats (please don't ask me to share your bed )

If anyone knows any places available please PM me

Thanks
Hails.
It is against the law to share you will have to look for your own accomodation. I think its 50,000dhs fine and deportation!
Old Jul 26th 2008, 3:57 pm
Forum Regular

Sue_M is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by twinkle-star
It is against the law to share you will have to look for your own accomodation. I think its 50,000dhs fine and deportation!
Not that Twinkle is trying to scare you or anything!!
Old Jul 27th 2008, 6:54 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

isn't it against the law to share a villa? rather than an apartment..

Unless the law is different in Abu Dhabi..
Old Jul 27th 2008, 8:22 am
Here comes the Sun

twinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sue_M
Not that Twinkle is trying to scare you or anything!!
......Well NOT knowing the law is no excuse over here!!!
Now she knows she can go ahead and do what she likes no skin off my snout!
Old Jul 27th 2008, 8:51 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

its illegal.......but loads do it, as long as you and your flatmate keep yourself to yourself there should be no worries.

Im awaiting buzzy to come and tell me its all wrong, and you will have your hand chopped off and sent to prison for ever....

But just be really careful who you share with and your terms of payments (i.e only pay monthly) because it is illegal and therefore you will not have a leg to stand on if your landlord(i.e the person you are sharing with) asks you to leave, as he/she is prob breaking their tennancy agreement which will state that sub-letting is not allowed...

confused?

**** it, just come and enjoy and forget the doom and gloom merchants..
Old Jul 27th 2008, 10:04 am
Hec
Just Joined

Hec is an unknown quantity at this point

......Well NOT knowing the law is no excuse over here!!!
Now she knows she can go ahead and do what she likes no skin off my snout!
Yes Yes I know it is illegal, but so is loads of other stuff I have done and I need to live somewhere Thanks for the advice though
Old Jul 27th 2008, 11:26 am
Forum Regular

Nav_72 is an unknown quantity at this point

As Arb said - so long as you dont make a song and dance about it - then its ok..... My circumstances have changed now as well !!!!! i need a 1 bed / studio for abt 3 months - so if anyone knows anywhere that can do a short term 3 month rental - pls pm me...

Ta all

Nav