Reload this Page >

Looking for a job or career change

Looking for a job or career change

Old May 15th 2005, 3:13 pm
Missy

rakhijutla is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Looking for a job or career change

Hi All,

I relocated to Dubai in February from the UK. I have been looking for work for around 2 months now and I haven't had much luck. I've registered with agencies and have been looking in the Gulf paper on a regular basis.

I'm a graphic / web designer. Can anyone help me and tell me where I should be looking. The unfortunate thing for me is I am faced with competition such as the locals who are willing to work for little money.

Thanks Missy
Old May 15th 2005, 3:40 pm
Just Joined

Adan has a spectacular aura aboutAdan has a spectacular aura aboutAdan has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Looking for a job or career change

Originally Posted by rakhijutla
Hi All,

I relocated to Dubai in February from the UK. I have been looking for work for around 2 months now and I haven't had much luck. I've registered with agencies and have been looking in the Gulf paper on a regular basis.

I'm a graphic / web designer. Can anyone help me and tell me where I should be looking. The unfortunate thing for me is I am faced with competition such as the locals who are willing to work for little money.

Thanks Missy
Hi there Missy,

Sorry to hear you're having such a hard time finding work. I don't think these are the locals you are referring to unless you're in India or Pakistan

Unfortunately I can't help you in that area but I hope others on the board can. They're a cool bunch.

Regards

Adan
Old May 15th 2005, 4:14 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking for a job or career change

What's your skill set and experience?

Problem like you've noticed, unless your really experienced and can offer something over the competition, you don't stand a chance because they will work for less.

Goodluck and welcome to the site