Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Looking for a Golf Course to join in Jeddah

Looking for a Golf Course to join in Jeddah

Old Apr 16th 2007, 10:42 am
  #1  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: UK relocating to Jeddah in June
Posts: 19
Jeddah Here is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Looking for a Golf Course to join in Jeddah

Hoping to find out where the golf courses are in Jeddah, what the fees are and whether there are waiting lists to join ?

I shall be moving out to Jeddah shortly, May/June, and I'm keen to find a club to join in Jeddah. Any advice would be very welcome.

Robert
Jeddah Here is offline  
Old Apr 16th 2007, 11:38 am
  #2  
Concierge
 
Blue Cat's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 29,625
Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking for a Golf Course to join in Jeddah

Originally Posted by RTowers View Post
Hoping to find out where the golf courses are in Jeddah, what the fees are and whether there are waiting lists to join ?

I shall be moving out to Jeddah shortly, May/June, and I'm keen to find a club to join in Jeddah. Any advice would be very welcome.

Robert
I think you may find it a tad hot for golf in June, in Saudi Arabia.

BC
Blue Cat is offline  
Old Apr 16th 2007, 11:51 am
  #3  
BE Forum Addict
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 3,968
arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking for a Golf Course to join in Jeddah

Originally Posted by Blue Cat View Post
I think you may find it a tad hot for golf in June, in Saudi Arabia.

BC
why i do it here in July

its cheaper
arbroath_abroad is offline  
Old Apr 16th 2007, 11:57 am
  #4  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: UK relocating to Jeddah in June
Posts: 19
Jeddah Here is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Looking for a Golf Course to join in Jeddah

Originally Posted by Blue Cat View Post
I think you may find it a tad hot for golf in June, in Saudi Arabia.

BC
Yes so I've heard...but where do you play
Jeddah Here is offline  
Old Apr 16th 2007, 11:57 am
  #5  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: UK relocating to Jeddah in June
Posts: 19
Jeddah Here is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Looking for a Golf Course to join in Jeddah

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad View Post
why i do it here in July

its cheaper
and where would that be ?
Jeddah Here is offline  
Old Apr 16th 2007, 12:07 pm
  #6  
Concierge
 
Blue Cat's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 29,625
Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking for a Golf Course to join in Jeddah

Originally Posted by RTowers View Post
and where would that be ?
the majorit of us on here are in Dubai, I am not sure if we even have any members who post regularly who are in Saudi. Arbroath you are used to it, my husband plays right through the year as well, to come from UK to Saudi it is going to be well hot.
Blue Cat is offline  
Old Apr 16th 2007, 1:50 pm
  #7  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: UK relocating to Jeddah in June
Posts: 19
Jeddah Here is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Looking for a Golf Course to join in Jeddah

Originally Posted by Blue Cat View Post
the majorit of us on here are in Dubai, I am not sure if we even have any members who post regularly who are in Saudi. Arbroath you are used to it, my husband plays right through the year as well, to come from UK to Saudi it is going to be well hot.
Appreciate it will be hot. Don't intend to start playing until Sept. Would like to join a club though hopefully with other facilities, pool to chill out by especially for my partner (wife by the time she arrives), also a golfer.
Jeddah Here is offline  
Old Apr 16th 2007, 2:28 pm
  #8  
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 2,474
username 34 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Looking for a Golf Course to join in Jeddah

how ironic!!

you could go and play at either Desert Lakes - which has a good membership and atmosphere ..... my hubby was Director of Golf and Manager there in the 90's and loved his time there.

There is also the green course Duratt al arrus - I dont know if its still open however - it did run into problems and they didnt get the players or membership they wanted but that was a while ago - it might be up and running and fine now.

In terms of the heat, they played all year round using buggies which carried water butts and salt tablets.
username 34 is offline  
Old Apr 16th 2007, 2:38 pm
  #9  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: UK relocating to Jeddah in June
Posts: 19
Jeddah Here is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Looking for a Golf Course to join in Jeddah

Originally Posted by islandmom View Post
how ironic!!

you could go and play at either Desert Lakes - which has a good membership and atmosphere ..... my hubby was Director of Golf and Manager there in the 90's and loved his time there.

There is also the green course Duratt al arrus - I dont know if its still open however - it did run into problems and they didnt get the players or membership they wanted but that was a while ago - it might be up and running and fine now.

In terms of the heat, they played all year round using buggies which carried water butts and salt tablets.
Thanks...Durrat al arrus is shut though, a couple of years ago, apparantly it's now just one big sand trap !
Jeddah Here is offline  
Old Apr 16th 2007, 3:34 pm
  #10  
Up in the air
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: I'm global baby!!!!!!
Posts: 7,263
Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking for a Golf Course to join in Jeddah

Originally Posted by Jeddah Here View Post
Thanks...Durrat al arrus is shut though, a couple of years ago, apparantly it's now just one big sand trap !
There is a good course at the Arizona compound............but thats in Riyadh....so it probably doesnt help much really.
Jammy_Dodgers is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.