British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Looking for a Golf Course to join in Jeddah (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/looking-golf-course-join-jeddah-442496/)

Jeddah Here Apr 16th 2007 10:42 am

Looking for a Golf Course to join in Jeddah

Hoping to find out where the golf courses are in Jeddah, what the fees are and whether there are waiting lists to join ?

I shall be moving out to Jeddah shortly, May/June, and I'm keen to find a club to join in Jeddah. Any advice would be very welcome.

Robert

Blue Cat Apr 16th 2007 11:38 am

Re: Looking for a Golf Course to join in Jeddah

Originally Posted by RTowers (Post 4648654)
Hoping to find out where the golf courses are in Jeddah, what the fees are and whether there are waiting lists to join ?

I shall be moving out to Jeddah shortly, May/June, and I'm keen to find a club to join in Jeddah. Any advice would be very welcome.

Robert

I think you may find it a tad hot for golf in June, in Saudi Arabia.

BC

arbroath_abroad Apr 16th 2007 11:51 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 4648865)

BC

why i do it here in July

its cheaper:D

Jeddah Here Apr 16th 2007 11:57 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 4648865)

BC

Yes so I've heard...but where do you play

Jeddah Here Apr 16th 2007 11:57 am

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad (Post 4648908)
why i do it here in July

its cheaper:D

and where would that be ?

Blue Cat Apr 16th 2007 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by RTowers (Post 4648940)
and where would that be ?

the majorit of us on here are in Dubai, I am not sure if we even have any members who post regularly who are in Saudi. Arbroath you are used to it, my husband plays right through the year as well, to come from UK to Saudi it is going to be well hot.

Jeddah Here Apr 16th 2007 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 4648982)
the majorit of us on here are in Dubai, I am not sure if we even have any members who post regularly who are in Saudi. Arbroath you are used to it, my husband plays right through the year as well, to come from UK to Saudi it is going to be well hot.

Appreciate it will be hot. Don't intend to start playing until Sept. Would like to join a club though hopefully with other facilities, pool to chill out by especially for my partner (wife by the time she arrives), also a golfer.

username 34 Apr 16th 2007 2:28 pm

how ironic!!

you could go and play at either Desert Lakes - which has a good membership and atmosphere ..... my hubby was Director of Golf and Manager there in the 90's and loved his time there.

There is also the green course Duratt al arrus - I dont know if its still open however - it did run into problems and they didnt get the players or membership they wanted but that was a while ago - it might be up and running and fine now.

In terms of the heat, they played all year round using buggies which carried water butts and salt tablets.

Jeddah Here Apr 16th 2007 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by islandmom (Post 4649739)
how ironic!!

you could go and play at either Desert Lakes - which has a good membership and atmosphere ..... my hubby was Director of Golf and Manager there in the 90's and loved his time there.

There is also the green course Duratt al arrus - I dont know if its still open however - it did run into problems and they didnt get the players or membership they wanted but that was a while ago - it might be up and running and fine now.

In terms of the heat, they played all year round using buggies which carried water butts and salt tablets.

Thanks...Durrat al arrus is shut though, a couple of years ago, apparantly it's now just one big sand trap !

Jammy_Dodgers Apr 16th 2007 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by Jeddah Here (Post 4649794)
Thanks...Durrat al arrus is shut though, a couple of years ago, apparantly it's now just one big sand trap !

There is a good course at the Arizona compound............but thats in Riyadh....so it probably doesnt help much really.