Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Looking for a compound in Riyadh (possibly in the diplomatic or Western quarter)

Looking for a compound in Riyadh (possibly in the diplomatic or Western quarter)

Old Apr 14th 2009, 7:46 pm
  #1  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 3
Leluzzo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Looking for a compound in Riyadh (possibly in the diplomatic or Western quarter)

Hi all!
Next fall, I will be transferred to Riyadh city.
I will work for an Western "international institution".
So, just now, I started to search an accomodation inside a compound.
If I have well understand, there is a diplomatic quarter and others "Western compounds" in Riyadh.
May be, someone can already help me telling me if they are some "compounds on line" or where find some e-mails to establish a first contact with theirs managers.
Thank for all!
by ema
Leluzzo is offline  
Old Apr 14th 2009, 7:52 pm
  #2  
BE Forum Addict
 
Alexa's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Doha, Qatar
Posts: 2,675
Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking for a compound in Riyadh (possibly in the diplomatic or Western quarter)

Originally Posted by Leluzzo View Post
Hi all!
Next fall, I will be transferred to Riyadh city.
I will work for an Western "international institution".
So, just now, I started to search an accomodation inside a compound.
If I have well understand, there is a diplomatic quarter and others "Western compounds" in Riyadh.
May be, someone can already help me telling me if they are some "compounds on line" or where find some e-mails to establish a first contact with theirs managers.
Thank for all!
by ema

Iadvise you strongly to let your employer take care of the accommodation...all the good compounds in Riyadh have very long waiting lists. And they are more likely to rent their villas to a company then to a private person....and you should read The Deans advise on Saudi...excellent!
Alexa is offline  
Old Apr 14th 2009, 7:55 pm
  #3  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 3
Leluzzo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Looking for a compound in Riyadh (possibly in the diplomatic or Western quarter)

Originally Posted by Alexa View Post
Iadvise you strongly to let your employer take care of the accommodation...all the good compounds in Riyadh have very long waiting lists. And they are more likely to rent their villas to a company then to a private person....and you should read The Deans advise on Saudi...excellent!
Thanks a lot!
I "found" the guide just after sending my post
Sorry...
Leluzzo is offline  
Old Apr 14th 2009, 8:16 pm
  #4  
BE Forum Addict
 
Alexa's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Doha, Qatar
Posts: 2,675
Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking for a compound in Riyadh (possibly in the diplomatic or Western quarter)

Originally Posted by Leluzzo View Post
Thanks a lot!
I "found" the guide just after sending my post
Sorry...
No problem...glad you found it as it is really good!
Alexa is offline  
Old Apr 15th 2009, 4:36 am
  #5  
Account Closed
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 7,028
lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Looking for a compound in Riyadh (possibly in the diplomatic or Western quarter)

The diplomatic quarter is a commercial district where many overseas consulates are located...I wasn't aware that a "western quarter" exists in Riyadh. Maybe you are thinking of the Green Zone in Baghdad? Good expat compounds include Eid Villas, Arabian Homes and Kingdom Compound if my memory serves me right. All are very popular with long waiting lists.
lionheart is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.