British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Looking for a compound in Riyadh (possibly in the diplomatic or Western quarter) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/looking-compound-riyadh-possibly-diplomatic-western-quarter-603542/)

Leluzzo Apr 14th 2009 7:46 pm

Looking for a compound in Riyadh (possibly in the diplomatic or Western quarter)

Hi all!
Next fall, I will be transferred to Riyadh city.
I will work for an Western "international institution".
So, just now, I started to search an accomodation inside a compound.
If I have well understand, there is a diplomatic quarter and others "Western compounds" in Riyadh.
May be, someone can already help me telling me if they are some "compounds on line" or where find some e-mails to establish a first contact with theirs managers.
Thank for all!
by ema

Alexa Apr 14th 2009 7:52 pm

Re: Looking for a compound in Riyadh (possibly in the diplomatic or Western quarter)

Originally Posted by Leluzzo (Post 7480012)
Hi all!
Next fall, I will be transferred to Riyadh city.
I will work for an Western "international institution".
So, just now, I started to search an accomodation inside a compound.
If I have well understand, there is a diplomatic quarter and others "Western compounds" in Riyadh.
May be, someone can already help me telling me if they are some "compounds on line" or where find some e-mails to establish a first contact with theirs managers.
Thank for all!
by ema

Iadvise you strongly to let your employer take care of the accommodation...all the good compounds in Riyadh have very long waiting lists. And they are more likely to rent their villas to a company then to a private person....and you should read The Deans advise on Saudi...excellent!

Leluzzo Apr 14th 2009 7:55 pm

Re: Looking for a compound in Riyadh (possibly in the diplomatic or Western quarter)

Originally Posted by Alexa (Post 7480037)
Iadvise you strongly to let your employer take care of the accommodation...all the good compounds in Riyadh have very long waiting lists. And they are more likely to rent their villas to a company then to a private person....and you should read The Deans advise on Saudi...excellent!

Thanks a lot!
I "found" the guide just after sending my post
Sorry...

Alexa Apr 14th 2009 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by Leluzzo (Post 7480042)
Thanks a lot!
I "found" the guide just after sending my post
Sorry...

No problem...glad you found it as it is really good!

lionheart Apr 15th 2009 4:36 am

The diplomatic quarter is a commercial district where many overseas consulates are located...I wasn't aware that a "western quarter" exists in Riyadh. Maybe you are thinking of the Green Zone in Baghdad? Good expat compounds include Eid Villas, Arabian Homes and Kingdom Compound if my memory serves me right. All are very popular with long waiting lists.