Looking

Old Sep 28th 2010, 1:18 pm
Forum Regular

Avarice is on a distinguished road
Default Looking

Hey guys, was wondering if anyone could help out. Im looking for a room to rent for myself and fiancee for one month while we sort out finances and a flat etc. Weve ended up in a real dificult situation as i flew back from Britain the day she was supposed to recieve her visa and salary advance. However due to circumstances unknown that visa has been "coming this week" for about two weeks now and weve been stuck in a hotel in the gold souq which we cant pay for until we get it. Needless to say once it finally does come through we are not going to be able to afford the flat we had looked at until next month and my next job is not until the 7th of october.
We have tried calling for rental rooms advertised in papers etc but upon realising we arent indian/keralite/filipino etc the price is either hiked to what it would cost to rent an entire flat or were just flat out turned down.

So given that i was wondering if anyone out there is looking to rent out a room even if only for a month until we get this mess sorted out.

thanks guys xx
Old Sep 28th 2010, 1:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

coffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking

Ok
Give us a clue where you are now???
Abu Dhabi
Dubai
Saudi
Bahrain
Planet Z
Still in Uk.
??????????
Old Sep 28th 2010, 1:50 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by coffindodger
Ok
Give us a clue where you are now???
Abu Dhabi
Dubai
Saudi
Bahrain
Planet Z
Still in Uk.
??????????
whoops all apologies, we are in Dubai, looking for somewhere preferably close to dubai mall but anywhere close to a metro would be fantastic. right now we are in Diera the gold souq area.

also internet time is a luxury right now so if anyone does have a room or know someone who does and im unable to get online heres my number - 0509354669 (mark)
Old Sep 28th 2010, 6:57 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Avarice
whoops all apologies, we are in Dubai, looking for somewhere preferably close to dubai mall but anywhere close to a metro would be fantastic. right now we are in Diera the gold souq area.

also internet time is a luxury right now so if anyone does have a room or know someone who does and im unable to get online heres my number - 0509354669 (mark)
Isn't Golden Sands still doing the week by week and month by month offers?
Old Sep 29th 2010, 5:57 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Hey guys, was wondering if anyone could help out. Im looking for a room to rent for myself and fiancee for one month while we sort out finances and a flat etc. Weve ended up in a real dificult situation as i flew back from Britain the day she was supposed to recieve her visa and salary advance. However due to circumstances unknown that visa has been "coming this week" for about two weeks now and weve been stuck in a hotel in the gold souq which we cant pay for until we get it. Needless to say once it finally does come through we are not going to be able to afford the flat we had looked at until next month and my next job is not until the 7th of october.
We have tried calling for rental rooms advertised in papers etc but upon realising we arent indian/keralite/filipino etc the price is either hiked to what it would cost to rent an entire flat or were just flat out turned down.

So given that i was wondering if anyone out there is looking to rent out a room even if only for a month until we get this mess sorted out.

thanks guys xx
http://dubai.dubizzle.com/property-f...ted-flatmates/
Old Sep 29th 2010, 6:29 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

What happens if the visa and job don't come through and disappear in a cloud of smoke?

Why did you pick the Gold Souk area? There are much nicer hotels in Al Barsha doing 200 AED/night specials.

Check dubizzle for flatmates. You should find a room for 3,000 AED a month in a western villa or flat share. When you use dubizzle use the filter to clear out the cheaper room shapres by setting in a minimum rent of 2,000 AED.
Old Sep 29th 2010, 6:49 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ethos83
What happens if the visa and job don't come through and disappear in a cloud of smoke
?

Why did you pick the Gold Souk area? There are much nicer hotels in Al Barsha doing 200 AED/night specials.

Check dubizzle for flatmates. You should find a room for 3,000 AED a month in a western villa or flat share. When you use dubizzle use the filter to clear out the cheaper room shapres by setting in a minimum rent of 2,000 AED.
Then they will be another Dubai statistic...!
Old Sep 29th 2010, 7:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sorry to hear that you are stuck. Can you get money wired over from home?

If you can't pay the hotel bill now, then surely it's time to run. Not like living in a room share is going to help pay the hotel bill.
Old Sep 29th 2010, 9:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse

If you can't pay the hotel bill now, then surely it's time to run. Not like living in a room share is going to help pay the hotel bill.
I kind of wonder how people wind up in this position in this part of the world , it can turn pretty nasty very quickly.

Fair play to people coming over and giving it a go but you have really got to be switched on and know the basics at least.

Hope it works out and the op gets sorted .
Old Sep 29th 2010, 10:27 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse

I dont want to run, and i cant because they have my passport at the check in desk. Im looking to rent a room when the money comes in and weve paid the bill etc, so we know well have a place for a month and not be paying nightly etc... and no i cnt get money wired from home, im not exactly close with my family...
Old Sep 29th 2010, 11:52 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Dude,

I don't want to appear cruel or uncaring or unsympathetic.

But this is the impression we are getting from you.

1. You came to DXB with no money, at least not enough to cover the cost of the hotel.

2. Your fiance is going to have to rely on an advance from her new job just to get started in DXB. We know from another thread that she's working in retail.

3. The visa still hasn't materialised - nor the advance.

4. You chose a shit hotel in a shit part of town, frequented by dodgy Pakis/Indians/Ruskies/Iranian traders.

5. You gave your passport to the hotel.

6. You are young but your idea for looking for a room is to look at the papers. Whatever happened to a thing called the internet? Even a casual user of this bored would have picked up on dubizzle a long time ago.

7. It didn't occur to you to find a flat/villa share before booking a hotel. You would have saved quite a bit more had you done that. I realise not everyone gets the luxury of a company villa or accommodation for a few months as is the norm, but two of my old flatmates had their rooms sorted out prior to arriving in DXB because it was cheaper than foregoing the housing allowance for the token 1-3 months.

8. How are you going to be able to get an apartment when you need a deposit, agent's fees, money to cover several months' rent upfront, the dewa deposit, furniture, etc.

Summary of the above: A clueless person heading into one major financial disaster.

My suggestion: if the visa doesn't materialise within a week send the fiance back to the UK to raise money to pay the hotel bill.

You gave up your passport (huge mistake! NEVER EVER DO THAT. I've never had to leave my passport with a hotel and that this one asks for it is a sign for extreme dodginess and which is why you should have plumped for the Al Barsha hotel. This is one example of how being extremely cheap is costing you in the long run). You are trapped in this country until the bill is paid.

But you say you have a job on 7 October. when will you be paid? November? Will you stay in the hotel till then? Will the hotel let you go without paying as long as they have your passport, so you'd have to come up with the money to pay off the hotel plus pay your room rent in October. Note that the norm for villa/flat shares is to pay the room rent in advance, not at the end of the month. Are you able to do this?

What's your package? Oh, for god's sake you probably don't have a package do you? Ok, tell us how much money you are expecting to make, and we'll be able to give you a realistic idea of what to expect.

Last edited by Ethos83; Sep 29th 2010 at 12:00 pm.
Old Sep 29th 2010, 4:29 pm
Forum Regular

Dude,

I don't want to appear cruel or uncaring or unsympathetic.

But this is the impression we are getting from you.

1. You came to DXB with no money, at least not enough to cover the cost of the hotel.

2. Your fiance is going to have to rely on an advance from her new job just to get started in DXB. We know from another thread that she's working in retail.

3. The visa still hasn't materialised - nor the advance.

4. You chose a shit hotel in a shit part of town, frequented by dodgy Pakis/Indians/Ruskies/Iranian traders.

5. You gave your passport to the hotel.

6. You are young but your idea for looking for a room is to look at the papers. Whatever happened to a thing called the internet? Even a casual user of this bored would have picked up on dubizzle a long time ago.

7. It didn't occur to you to find a flat/villa share before booking a hotel. You would have saved quite a bit more had you done that. I realise not everyone gets the luxury of a company villa or accommodation for a few months as is the norm, but two of my old flatmates had their rooms sorted out prior to arriving in DXB because it was cheaper than foregoing the housing allowance for the token 1-3 months.

8. How are you going to be able to get an apartment when you need a deposit, agent's fees, money to cover several months' rent upfront, the dewa deposit, furniture, etc.

Summary of the above: A clueless person heading into one major financial disaster.

My suggestion: if the visa doesn't materialise within a week send the fiance back to the UK to raise money to pay the hotel bill.

You gave up your passport (huge mistake! NEVER EVER DO THAT. I've never had to leave my passport with a hotel and that this one asks for it is a sign for extreme dodginess and which is why you should have plumped for the Al Barsha hotel. This is one example of how being extremely cheap is costing you in the long run). You are trapped in this country until the bill is paid.

But you say you have a job on 7 October. when will you be paid? November? Will you stay in the hotel till then? Will the hotel let you go without paying as long as they have your passport, so you'd have to come up with the money to pay off the hotel plus pay your room rent in October. Note that the norm for villa/flat shares is to pay the room rent in advance, not at the end of the month. Are you able to do this?

What's your package? Oh, for god's sake you probably don't have a package do you? Ok, tell us how much money you are expecting to make, and we'll be able to give you a realistic idea of what to expect.
Yeah i understand all of that and as valid as your points are there are certain things i could not control due to personal circumstances which i dont really want to publicly voice. As for using the internet instead of the papers we had done that and arranged a few places beforehand and then circumstances changed. Now the internet is a one or two hour a day luxury as we can barely afford to feed ourselves. I have a job on the 7th for which i get paid on the 9th, Im an MC i do freelance work so i dont have to wait for all the cheque cashing bullshit and so on but had her money come in as her company promised we wouldnt be in this situation. I wasnt niave in knowing that when i came we would probably have to wait a little longer than they had originally said we would have to hoiwever now theyre just taking the piss. They have actually told us that we should have that visa and cash by tommorow but im predicting a sunset and sunrise is the only wait between another dissapointment. If we do end up recieving it then well be more or less sorted, just a case of finding a room and i thought it may be worth a try seeing if anyone on the forums had a room they were willing to rent out for a month.
Old Sep 30th 2010, 6:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Yeah i understand all of that and as valid as your points are there are certain things i could not control due to personal circumstances which i dont really want to publicly voice. As for using the internet instead of the papers we had done that and arranged a few places beforehand and then circumstances changed. Now the internet is a one or two hour a day luxury as we can barely afford to feed ourselves. I have a job on the 7th for which i get paid on the 9th, Im an MC i do freelance work so i dont have to wait for all the cheque cashing bullshit and so on but had her money come in as her company promised we wouldnt be in this situation. I wasnt niave in knowing that when i came we would probably have to wait a little longer than they had originally said we would have to hoiwever now theyre just taking the piss. They have actually told us that we should have that visa and cash by tommorow but im predicting a sunset and sunrise is the only wait between another dissapointment. If we do end up recieving it then well be more or less sorted, just a case of finding a room and i thought it may be worth a try seeing if anyone on the forums had a room they were willing to rent out for a month.
Look mate , without sounding too harsh , you're up the swanny here and you ain't got a plan b , waiting on a visa/cash,salary turning up on time here to cover debts owed and debts rising is a risky business.

This is the Gulf , sometimes people have had to walk away from hundreds of thousands because it just wasn't going to get paid. You cannot rely on anything and anyone in this part of the world period.

My honest advice to you is to borrow that money from a trusted source in the UK and get the hotel bill paid and get your passport back then cut your losses and get out.

If you can't afford to feed yourselves you're basically snookered fella , game over.I'm not judging you i'm just giving you my honest opinion. Remember you could end up in sh*t here very quickly.

Good luck
Old Sep 30th 2010, 6:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by co durham boy
Look mate , without sounding too harsh , you're up the swanny here and you ain't got a plan b , waiting on a visa/cash,salary turning up on time here to cover debts owed and debts rising is a risky business.

This is the Gulf , sometimes people have had to walk away from hundreds of thousands because it just wasn't going to get paid. You cannot rely on anything and anyone in this part of the world period.

My honest advice to you is to borrow that money from a trusted source in the UK and get the hotel bill paid and get your passport back then cut your losses and get out.

If you can't afford to feed yourselves you're basically snookered fella , game over.I'm not judging you i'm just giving you my honest opinion. Remember you could end up in sh*t here very quickly.

Good luck
Or in MC language get on your 1s n' 2s, your 1s n' 2s... beeeep, stop! checkitout. run on your 1s n' 2s, your 1s n' 2s... do you really like it, is it is it wiiicked...?

sorry, this is no laughing matter, try and find someone to borrow the money from and at least bunk across the border until it looks like the visas and money are coming.
Old Sep 30th 2010, 6:56 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Ditto the previous 2 posts, avarice..

I can hear the reversing beeps from here... Jump before you fall into the big, black debtors hole of Dubai....

No uk-based reason can be good enough to spend an undefined length of time in prison here....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.