Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

A long slow death by the Al Marooj

A long slow death by the Al Marooj

Old Jan 3rd 2005, 10:50 am

Heart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A long slow death by the Al Marooj

Originally Posted by lillygirl
Thank you - very nice offer x

But will need somewhere if it is going to be a long delay. Especially as I will working from home initially and you'd soon be fed up of me under your feet all day!!!
I doubt that very much.. I shall be out and about now that I have the "CAR" Looks like the extention for here has been approved so that saves us having to find any where til the murooj is ready!
Old Jan 3rd 2005, 10:55 am
Banned

Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LakesLassie
Thought the Lakes was cheaper than the Meadows? They're building a whole load of new ones at the mo.

Went for a walk with a pal yesterday round some of the new ones in Emirates Hills - holy shit! Each one was grander & more ostentatious than the last! Mind you, one looked like the public swimming pool in Turriff - not sure how they got away with that one.

Emirates Hills - yeah awesome...how many maids would we need to clean one of those?

I saw the new lakes but assumed that they would be sold, still too expensive anyhow. Not sure how much rent is in the lakes but meadows is around Dhs120 upwards for something to accomodate a family!
Old Jan 3rd 2005, 10:58 am
BE Enthusiast

DubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Heart of gold
Whats the difference in price bewteen the springs, meadows and the lakes?

The Lakes townhouses are similar to the Springs in price and size, the Lakes detached villas, when comparing by size are similar to the Meadows. But at the same time, the Meadows has a wider range of floorplans and sizes, so the price range is wider as well.
The Hattan houses (brown ones) are bigger than the Lakes detached villas and so are more expensive.

Although, per sq metre, the Lakes is slightly more expensive than the Springs and Meadows because it is an established community and the greenery has already been developed
Old Jan 3rd 2005, 10:58 am
Banned

Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Heart of gold
I doubt that very much.. I shall be out and about now that I have the "CAR" Looks like the extention for here has been approved so that saves us having to find any where til the murooj is ready!
Just had a thought, what about JC, isn't he supposed to be moving in there He's awfully quiet these days, hope he hasn't been thrown out on the street nursing his knee bless.

Hey Heart maybe you could put up all the waifs and strays from the board...i'll bring my maid to do my housework and cooking....although I am sure yours is much better LOL
Old Jan 3rd 2005, 10:59 am
BE Enthusiast

DubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Jellybean
Emirates Hills - yeah awesome...how many maids would we need to clean one of those?

I saw the new lakes but assumed that they would be sold, still too expensive anyhow. Not sure how much rent is in the lakes but meadows is around Dhs120 upwards for something to accomodate a family!

You can get a 3bed townhouse in the Lakes starting from Dhs80000, the detached villas started from around Dhs 120,000 for a 3100sq villa
Old Jan 3rd 2005, 10:59 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Just had a thought, what about JC, isn't he supposed to be moving in there He's awfully quiet these days, hope he hasn't been thrown out on the street nursing his knee bless.

Hey Heart maybe you could put up all the waifs and strays from the board...i'll bring my maid to do my housework and cooking....although I am sure yours is much better LOL
No he is not, he is Pming you as we speak
Old Jan 3rd 2005, 11:00 am
A slow driver!

lillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to behold

Am not a 'waif and stray' thank you very much........
Old Jan 3rd 2005, 11:03 am
The 5th Amendment

joseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
Voyeurism
Voyeurism is a disorders of sexual arousal. It involves the act of observing unsuspecting individuals, usually strangers, who may be naked or in the process of disrobing. Even engaging in sexual activity. Masturbation usually occurs during, or shortly after, voyeuristic activities. A variation of voyeurism entails listening to erotic conversations; e.g. telephone sex. The main criteria for the diagnosis is:

Repeatedly, for at least 6 months, having intense sexual desires, fantasies or behaviors concerning the act of watching an unsuspecting person who is naked, disrobing or having sex.

This activity causes clinically important distress or impairs work, social or personal functioning.

Voyeurism may co-occur with another paraphilia, exhibitionism.

Onset is typically before the age of fifteen, and the individual may become so invested in the voyeuristic activity as to have this as the sole sexual behavior. This often is a chronic condition.

Associated Features:
None

Differential Diagnosis:
Some disorders have similar or even the same symptoms. The clinician, therefore, in his/her diagnostic attempt has to differentiate against the following disorders which need to be ruled out to establish a precise diagnosis.

Antisocial Personality Disorder
Dementia.

Cause:
There are many different theories related to voyeuristic behavior, many stemming from the psychoanalytic tradition. It has been suggested that childhood trauma (e.g., sexual abuse) or significant childhood experiences may manifest itself in voyeuristic behavior.

Treatment:
Treatment typically involves psychotherapy to uncover and attempt to work through the underlying cause of the behavior. Behavioral and Group Therapy may also be helpful for those who are motivated to change. Success rates however, are not known.

Counseling and Psychotherapy
Cognitive, Behavior, and Psychoanalytic Therapies are used to treat individuals with paraphilia's.

Pharmacotherapy
Some prescription medicines are used to help decrease the compulsive thinking associated with the paraphilia's. Hormones are prescribed occasionally for individuals who experience intrusive sexual thoughts, urges, or abnormally frequent sexual behaviors. Almost always the treatment must be long-term if it is to be effective.
Old Jan 3rd 2005, 11:04 am
Premium Member

Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by joseph.creative
Voyeurism
Voyeurism is a disorders of sexual arousal. It involves the act of observing unsuspecting individuals, usually strangers, who may be naked or in the process of disrobing. Even engaging in sexual activity. Masturbation usually occurs during, or shortly after, voyeuristic activities. A variation of voyeurism entails listening to erotic conversations; e.g. telephone sex. The main criteria for the diagnosis is:

Repeatedly, for at least 6 months, having intense sexual desires, fantasies or behaviors concerning the act of watching an unsuspecting person who is naked, disrobing or having sex.

This activity causes clinically important distress or impairs work, social or personal functioning.

Voyeurism may co-occur with another paraphilia, exhibitionism.

Onset is typically before the age of fifteen, and the individual may become so invested in the voyeuristic activity as to have this as the sole sexual behavior. This often is a chronic condition.

Associated Features:
None

Differential Diagnosis:
Some disorders have similar or even the same symptoms. The clinician, therefore, in his/her diagnostic attempt has to differentiate against the following disorders which need to be ruled out to establish a precise diagnosis.

Antisocial Personality Disorder
Dementia.

Cause:
There are many different theories related to voyeuristic behavior, many stemming from the psychoanalytic tradition. It has been suggested that childhood trauma (e.g., sexual abuse) or significant childhood experiences may manifest itself in voyeuristic behavior.

Treatment:
Treatment typically involves psychotherapy to uncover and attempt to work through the underlying cause of the behavior. Behavioral and Group Therapy may also be helpful for those who are motivated to change. Success rates however, are not known.

Counseling and Psychotherapy
Cognitive, Behavior, and Psychoanalytic Therapies are used to treat individuals with paraphilia's.

Pharmacotherapy
Some prescription medicines are used to help decrease the compulsive thinking associated with the paraphilia's. Hormones are prescribed occasionally for individuals who experience intrusive sexual thoughts, urges, or abnormally frequent sexual behaviors. Almost always the treatment must be long-term if it is to be effective.
Looks like google works then Joe......
Old Jan 3rd 2005, 11:06 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Truth Speak
Looks like google works then Joe......
Not original or creative
Old Jan 3rd 2005, 11:09 am
Banned

So r u
Old Jan 3rd 2005, 11:10 am
Banned

Originally Posted by lillygirl
Am not a 'waif and stray' thank you very much........
...tetchy
Old Jan 3rd 2005, 11:11 am
The 5th Amendment

joseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nice

Not original or creative
easier to use google than retype the studies I did about 8 years ago.
Old Jan 3rd 2005, 11:11 am

Heart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond repute

PMSL!!! Hes around Im sure busy I should think! Im sure she is... She makes superb christmas cakes and puds and Im sorry that I never got back to you with that recipe for mince pies.

I have a four man tent so who is up for sharing the garden with the roaches, ants and snakes:scared:
Old Jan 3rd 2005, 11:12 am
Up in the air

So r u
Hasnt there been enough anger on the board ?

Our troubles are nothing compared to events elsewhere in the world.

maybe we should stop and think about that eh?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.