British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   A long slow death by the Al Marooj (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/long-slow-death-al-marooj-274660/)

Truth Speak Jan 2nd 2005 1:37 pm

A long slow death by the Al Marooj

Well....this'll cheer a load of u up.......the AL Marooj WILL NOW NOT BE ready untill the end of feb

So whose surprised then.................

Cheer up...it'll be xmas soon!!!!!!!

Jammy_Dodgers Jan 2nd 2005 1:39 pm

Re: A long slow death by the Al Marooj

Originally Posted by Truth Speak
Well....this'll cheer a load of u up.......the AL Marooj WILL NOW NOT BE ready untill the end of feb

oh dear.

Truth Speak Jan 2nd 2005 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
oh dear.

never mind...i'm quite cosy in my wee pad....

Jellybean Jan 2nd 2005 2:26 pm

never mind...i'm quite cosy in my wee pad....

I am about to get kicked out of my pad too :mad: kids just settled and a nice neighbourhood. Still life goes on and a true expat just moves on and gets over it :rolleyes:

Singlemom Jan 2nd 2005 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by Jellybean
I am about to get kicked out of my pad too :mad: kids just settled and a nice neighbourhood. Still life goes on and a true expat just moves on and gets over it :rolleyes:

Promise......huge party when we move in!!!!

Singlemom Jan 3rd 2005 7:38 am

Is this for real?? Hotel bills are gonna kill me!! :mad:

Jammy_Dodgers Jan 3rd 2005 7:43 am

Originally Posted by Singlemom

Im Afraid so !

I beleive it was Februrary "Inshallah" :(

Heart of gold Jan 3rd 2005 7:46 am

Originally Posted by Singlemom

Yes Im afraid so SM.. I was most P***** off to say the least... Not sure what they are up to but was told last night by the chappie in charge that there is a meeting with the contractors today to sort this out ...We have been given four dates so far and end of feb into march is the 5th :mad:

lillygirl Jan 3rd 2005 10:23 am

Marvellous - will be bankrupt before I even get going......... :mad:

LakesLassie Jan 3rd 2005 10:26 am

Where you off to then JB? Somewhere nice?

Jellybean Jan 3rd 2005 10:32 am

Originally Posted by LakesLassie
Where you off to then JB? Somewhere nice?

Don't know LL the owner is selling and we want to buy but cannot do it quick enough, we have a property to sell in the UK first. So we have until July to fine somewhere else. Would like to stay around the Meadows 'cos it's great for the Jellybabies but we will have to see what we can afford.

Wud love the Lakes but too pricey :eek:

Heart of gold Jan 3rd 2005 10:39 am

Originally Posted by lillygirl
Marvellous - will be bankrupt before I even get going......... :mad:

As I mentioned to you the other night , your more than welcome here... Its an option and much cheaper for the short term. :)

LakesLassie Jan 3rd 2005 10:40 am

Don't know LL the owner is selling and we want to buy but cannot do it quick enough, we have a property to sell in the UK first. So we have until July to fine somewhere else. Would like to stay around the Meadows 'cos it's great for the Jellybabies but we will have to see what we can afford.

Thought the Lakes was cheaper than the Meadows? They're building a whole load of new ones at the mo.

Went for a walk with a pal yesterday round some of the new ones in Emirates Hills - holy shit! Each one was grander & more ostentatious than the last! Mind you, one looked like the public swimming pool in Turriff - not sure how they got away with that one. :confused:

Heart of gold Jan 3rd 2005 10:40 am

Whats the difference in price bewteen the springs, meadows and the lakes?

lillygirl Jan 3rd 2005 10:47 am

Originally Posted by Heart of gold
As I mentioned to you the other night , your more than welcome here... Its an option and much cheaper for the short term. :)

Thank you - very nice offer x

But will need somewhere if it is going to be a long delay. Especially as I will working from home initially and you'd soon be fed up of me under your feet all day!!!