Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

London Airport Announcements

London Airport Announcements

Old Jan 20th 2005, 3:46 am
Forum Regular

Anya4Dubai will become famous soon enoughAnya4Dubai will become famous soon enough
Talking London Airport Announcements

One 4u johnbuoy

This is the story.....
We‘d go and sit on the balcony at Terminal 3 at Heathrow Airport, directly under one of the PA speakers where we put a tape machine in a bag with the microphone poking out of the top. Then we‘d look for a flight that had arrived in the last 40 minutes from somewhere where you‘d expect people with unpronounceable names i.e. Saudi Arabia.
We would then go to the Airport Help Desk with a prewritten note containing the names of fictitious passengers and ask them to read out the names over the PA system.
The passenger’s names looked innocent enough on paper but they sounded like something else when read out loud.
Attached Files
File Type: doc
Old Jan 20th 2005, 4:31 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: London Airport Announcements

I've seen the website somewhere that had the sound recordings of those, which was really funny....
Old Jan 20th 2005, 5:22 am
BE Enthusiast

johnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nice

I have it among my collection!!!

When i return to work on Saturday i will post another one on here thats a screamer too. Anyone got any suggestions as to what to do today i am bored sh1tless, can't be bothered to get dressed, Not a pretty site :scared:
Old Jan 20th 2005, 5:23 am
Forum Regular

Anya4Dubai will become famous soon enoughAnya4Dubai will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Bob
I've seen the website somewhere that had the sound recordings of those, which was really funny....
This is the link

http://www.hendess.net/london.htm
Old Jan 20th 2005, 7:33 am
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Seen it to... sent by somebody else... hillarious !!! lol...
Old Jan 20th 2005, 10:24 am
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Anya4Dubai
hahahahaha
Old Jan 20th 2005, 10:25 am
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Face81
hahahahaha
Hi Face! Eid Mubarak...thanks for ur e-card! It was so funny ...