Lockdown

Old Apr 15th 2020, 7:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lockdown

World Trade Center has been converted into a 3000 bed field hospital, with around 1000 ICU beds.

This is either exceptional forward planning ahead of the peak, or a sign that we are in deep shit. Remember, the UAE has no shortage of hospital capacity usually as they overbuilt hospitals.

I guess we will find out when it opens if it is full or empty.
Old Apr 15th 2020, 7:23 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Millhouse
World Trade Center has been converted into a 3000 bed field hospital, with around 1000 ICU beds.

This is either exceptional forward planning ahead of the peak, or a sign that we are in deep shit. Remember, the UAE has no shortage of hospital capacity usually as they overbuilt hospitals.

In fairness, the capacity is lower than we may think: "He said hospitals in Dubai currently have a capacity between 4,000 to 5,000 beds available for coronavirus patients" Link
Old Apr 15th 2020, 7:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
In fairness, the capacity is lower than we may think: "He said hospitals in Dubai currently have a capacity between 4,000 to 5,000 beds available for coronavirus patients" Link
On top of the 1200 or so the American Hospital said they had just allocated.
Old Apr 15th 2020, 11:50 am
BE Forum Addict

csdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond repute

Another interpretation is that a large majority of cases are amongst young, low-salaried workers, with minor symptoms, but who share accommodation with 10+ other people. Thus they can't be quarantined at home, so field hospitals are the only way to reduce infection rates.
Old Apr 16th 2020, 4:57 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by csdf
Another interpretation is that a large majority of cases are amongst young, low-salaried workers, with minor symptoms, but who share accommodation with 10+ other people. Thus they can't be quarantined at home, so field hospitals are the only way to reduce infection rates.
Nail on the head , it's rife in mass accommodation . The focus will shift quickly to this area now .
Old Apr 16th 2020, 5:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by co durham boy
Nail on the head , it's rife in mass accommodation . The focus will shift quickly to this area now .
I imagine that there are sick buildings all over the place.
Old Apr 16th 2020, 5:33 am
BE Forum Addict

csdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think the buildings themselves are the problem, per se (i.e. I don't think that the virus spreads through the a/c, for instance), it's the multiple occupancy. The virus is so, er, virulent, that once a member of a household gets it, it's extremely hard to avoid everyone in the house getting it. That's manageable in units of 2-5, but not in units of 10+. I wonder what this means for UAE rules about multiple occupancy: if they indeed find that this is a major cause of infection spread, they won't be able to go back to normal until they solve it somehow.
Old Apr 16th 2020, 5:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by csdf
I don't think the buildings themselves are the problem, per se (i.e. I don't think that the virus spreads through the a/c, for instance), it's the multiple occupancy. The virus is so, er, virulent, that once a member of a household gets it, it's extremely hard to avoid everyone in the house getting it. That's manageable in units of 2-5, but not in units of 10+. I wonder what this means for UAE rules about multiple occupancy: if they indeed find that this is a major cause of infection spread, they won't be able to go back to normal until they solve it somehow.
Thanks - I’m more referring to ones with common areas, lifts, lift buttons, shared kitchens, shared bathrooms etc. We have it all. Quite possible a whole building in al quoz housing your security guys could be sick.
Old Apr 16th 2020, 5:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Singapore, for instance, also has large, high density buildings but seems to be managing so clearly there are ways to make it work.
Old Apr 16th 2020, 6:32 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Thanks - I’m more referring to ones with common areas, lifts, lift buttons, shared kitchens, shared bathrooms etc. We have it all. Quite possible a whole building in al quoz housing your security guys could be sick.
Our lifts are for 4 people max now and there are taped out boxes with arrows and a sign instructing you to face the wall.

Good thing is, I know our neighbours have been staying home because their **** of a three year old does NOT stop screaming or crying. It used to just be daytime and evenings, but now it's 24 hours.
Old Apr 16th 2020, 7:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Our lifts are for 4 people max now and there are taped out boxes with arrows and a sign instructing you to face the wall.

Good thing is, I know our neighbours have been staying home because their **** of a three year old does NOT stop screaming or crying. It used to just be daytime and evenings, but now it's 24 hours.
I know my neighbours have stayed at home the whole time as I can hear their ****ing parties and weekly prayer groups.
Old Apr 16th 2020, 10:00 am
Account Closed

I know my neighbours have stayed at home the whole time as I can hear their ****ing parties and weekly prayer groups.
Why are people such ignorant bumheads? I live my life not wanting to negatively impact on my neighbours and surrounding people. Everyone should be more like me.
Old Apr 16th 2020, 10:05 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

9yrs a week or so ago. Mental how time flies. I'm just Linkedin famous rather than good
Good luck, I'm sure you'll come out of it ok whatever way it goes. 9 years in recruitment is impressive regardless of location, but time in the ME is like dog years so it's like 63 years in recruitment in the UK
Old Apr 16th 2020, 12:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Standanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by co durham boy
Yep. Qatar banned taxi pick ups in the Doha industrial area back on March 12th and has had the entire place locked down for weeks as a single quarantine zone; supplies and medical staff go in, population not allowed out.
Old Apr 17th 2020, 5:38 am
BE Forum Addict

And last night SIngapore announced a massive leap in cases because they began testing foreign workers in shared accommodation.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.