Lockdown

Old May 21st 2020, 8:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lockdown

Does this sound accurate?
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates — A staggering 70% of businesses in Dubai expect to close their doors within the next six months as the coronavirus pandemic and global lockdowns ravage demand, a survey by the Dubai Chamber of Commerce revealed Thursday.

The Chamber surveyed 1,228 CEOs across a range of sectors between April 16 and April 22, during the emirate’s strictest lockdown period. Nearly three-quarters of those surveyed were small businesses with fewer than 20 employees. Of the respondents, more than two-thirds saw a moderate-to-high risk of going out of business in the coming six months: 27% said they expected to lose their businesses within the next month, and 43% expect to go out of business within six.
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/05/21/coro...x-months.html?
Old May 22nd 2020, 6:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Maxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond repute

In terms of expectations, definitely it is accurate, that is pretty much what the PMI Index does; deal with management expectations.

India's new orders PMI in April was 6, for comparison even during normal recessions, a country's PMI falls to 40 or 42 from a baseline of 50
Old May 22nd 2020, 6:34 pm
...we killed the flame

Miss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
please provide the correct data point.
The breakdown is in the ONS data if you dig - something to keep you occupied over your solitary Eid!
Old May 22nd 2020, 9:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Standanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond repute

QDC will stay shut after Ramadan for the foreseeable.
Old May 23rd 2020, 5:13 am
BE Enthusiast

martinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Standanista
QDC will stay shut after Ramadan for the foreseeable.
More a coronavirus thing than the usual Ramadan thing for sure.

In an earlier post you made reference to Qatar allowing some selected entry based on project. My understanding is that I might be on such a list, somewhere. Have been asked to supply all possible data and advised application is in process, post eid I'm sure. Let's see.
Old May 23rd 2020, 11:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Standanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by martinbkk
More a coronavirus thing than the usual Ramadan thing for sure.

In an earlier post you made reference to Qatar allowing some selected entry based on project. My understanding is that I might be on such a list, somewhere. Have been asked to supply all possible data and advised application is in process, post eid I'm sure. Let's see.
Good news. Good luck.
Old May 25th 2020, 5:13 am
fth
Forum Regular

fth is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=DXBtoDOH;12855645. We can also look to the Americans, who have practised a much looser form of social distancing than required in the UK, and their hospitals remained greatly underwhelmed. Even in New York City the hospitals never became overloaded. That suggests a great deal of existing capacity to handle hospitalisation.[/QUOTE]

erm no, the hospital ship docked in NYC was never used as they didn’t take COVID patients and the protocol to admit patients was very cumbersome. NYC hospital capacity was saved through a) deferring a lot of nonCovid treatments b) people not being out and thus not having accidents c) kicking out old people from hospitals back to care homes. Even then ER capacity was massively strained, capacity for elective surgery (nose jobs to more urgent treatments like cancer surgeries) however was very much available in terms of beds, maybe just not medics, and the risk of massive complications if the patients contracted covid in hospital outweighed the risks associated with waiting.

The weakness of the US health system is that with high deductibles and the need to pay cash upfront people don’t seek treatment and testing and run around spreading it further as they need a pay check and don’t get sick leave.

Last edited by fth; May 25th 2020 at 5:17 am.
Old May 26th 2020, 7:33 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Domestic travel permitted from Sunday, new curfew hours 8pm till 6 am. Everywhere except Mecca.

https://www.arabnews.com/node/1680101/saudi-arabia

Hopefully international flights can open up by Haj.
Old May 28th 2020, 8:05 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Still no confirmation on international flights though.
Old May 28th 2020, 9:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

I just finished our weekly office call. Conclusion is that we will go back when we feel ready and not be driven by external influence. Sounds like people want to spend 2 months in their holiday homes.
Old May 28th 2020, 9:30 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

I just finished our weekly office call. Conclusion is that we will go back when we feel ready and not be driven by external influence. Sounds like people want to spend 2 months in their holiday homes.
Similar call yesterday. CEO pushing for office to get back to normal. Management team saying - **** that, we'll go back when we don't have to wear masks and gloves at our desk.
Old May 28th 2020, 12:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

I laughed. I admit I'm one of those people looking forward to my holiday...erm....working from home in a location that just happens not to be my primary residence.
Old May 29th 2020, 4:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by martinbkk
Any luck yet getting a visa and date? I'm hearing that one's company has to submit a list of names to the main sponsor (QP etc), which then goes to MOI for final approval. You can bet there are a lot of requests going in, but I can't see this route being any more than a trickle until infection rates come down.
Old May 29th 2020, 10:42 am
BE Enthusiast

martinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Standanista
Any luck yet getting a visa and date? I'm hearing that one's company has to submit a list of names to the main sponsor (QP etc), which then goes to MOI for final approval. You can bet there are a lot of requests going in, but I can't see this route being any more than a trickle until infection rates come down.
There might be activity soon, maybe?
Old Jun 1st 2020, 3:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Pongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond repute

No movement in or out of Abu Dhabi Emirate for a week starting tomorrow, just as flights for returning residents begin.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.