Lockdown

Old Apr 23rd 2020, 2:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lockdown

Originally Posted by Scamp
Livestreaming carnage from the mall of people trying to get in. It would just be a solid car horn noise.
I think it would be quite tuneful. A bit like the national days of old.
Old Apr 23rd 2020, 9:07 pm
Banned

Elgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond reputeElgin1983 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
What I do find fascinating is that we already know a great deal about COVID-19. Despite the media obsession with every young death, in reality it kills old people, and not just old people but old people with significant health problems. It's why the average age of death is quite high, hovering around 80. We do know it kills a small number of younger people with substantial existing health problems. We know the fatality rate overall for young people regardless of health is well below 1% (meaning for healthy young people it's inconsequential and just as rare as the healthy young man who drops dead of a heart attack at age 40).

This notion that some people have that we're at war with a virus is silly. The virus cannot be vanquished. It's not an enemy that can be humbled and reformed into obedience. It's here. We have to deal with it. A vaccine in due time (if one is found) will help, but it won't end the virus no more than the regular flu vaccine defeated the flu. Herd immunity is the most likely long term outlook. The one size fits all mass shutdown was an attempt to declare war on the virus and we have seen the obscene economic toll paid so far, and when all's said and done, didn't really save lives. This one size fits all mass shutdown did have the advantage of buying some time but that time has also showed us the virus is far less deadly for the larger population than earlier believed. It has always been obvious to me from the early days the pragmatic approach was to quarantine the care homes and identified high-risk people still living in their own homes. Instead of devoting so much resources to mass testing of general populations, test everyone who works for a care home, and test them daily to prevent asymptomatic people from transferring the virus to the care homes or hospitals. And let everyone else get on with life.
This is an excellent post. The long term cost of the overreaction (mental health problems, suicides, domestic abuse etc caused firstly by the the intense stress of the lockdown and later by the terrible economic problems, spending cuts, job losses, home foreclosures etc) will be worse than the disease.
Old Apr 25th 2020, 10:59 am
BE Forum Addict

csdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like the regulation changes in Dubai have confused people. Twitter is full of tweets rejoicing that Dubai is now corona-free.
Old Apr 26th 2020, 4:56 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by csdf
Sounds like the regulation changes in Dubai have confused people. Twitter is full of tweets rejoicing that Dubai is now corona-free.

Went for a morning walk, many people with no masks. Lots with them on but pulled down.
Old Apr 26th 2020, 6:17 am
BE Forum Addict

csdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, here's to a nice resumption of full pelt logarithmic growth.
Old Apr 26th 2020, 6:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, here's to a nice resumption of full pelt logarithmic growth.
Only if they keep testing and releasing the numbers.
Old Apr 26th 2020, 7:28 am
Onwards and Upwards!

Johnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond repute

The Curfew has been eased today in KSA, can go outside or to work from 9am - 5pm, malls and restaurants reopening (but remember it's still Ramadan!): here
Old Apr 26th 2020, 7:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Only if they keep testing and releasing the numbers.
I know what you mean, but my point of concern is not the reported numbers, it's the actual numbers. Some medic friends are also much more worried now, to say the least.
Old Apr 26th 2020, 8:21 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

I think if anyone is drastically changing their approach then they're making a mistake. No point increasing risk of exposure to the germ for a wander in a mall.
Old Apr 26th 2020, 9:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Did you see what happened at McGettigans?
Old Apr 26th 2020, 10:07 am
Account Closed

Did you see what happened at McGettigans?
Of course.

Which is why I now believe all bars / restaurants have been banned from serving booze now, I think?
Old Apr 26th 2020, 12:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Oh really, didn't know that.
Old Apr 26th 2020, 12:14 pm
Account Closed

I can't remember where I saw it. Might have been a glancing look on social media somewhere. I think maybe it was that restaurants can open but no alcohol sales. I've just been googling but can't confirm so I'll take it back until I see it again or someone else knows better.
Old Apr 27th 2020, 5:10 am
Just Joined

sarahlou davis is an unknown quantity at this point

As of yesterday, a well known bar on the Palm was waiting on clarification to serve bevvies
Old Apr 27th 2020, 5:11 am
Account Closed

Spoke to a mate who runs a restaurant. His words; "McGetts ruined it for everyone".
He will be opening from Tuesday but not serving booze for duration of Ramadan.

Good news is, it appears golf courses may be opening....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.