Local Law

Old Sep 26th 2004, 1:48 pm
Forum Regular

goingdubai is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Local Law

i'm just a newbie looking at the number of my posts...what can i say
Old Sep 26th 2004, 3:21 pm
Simply Brilliant

Cherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really nice

Originally Posted by Brenster
Read somehwere not that long ago that there is a law in Dubai designed to stop people 'job-hopping', can anyone expand on this and tell me what it is as I don't want to leave my current position only to find that I can't legally get another one in Dubai.

Cheers in advance,

Bren
Hi Bren, thought I'd add my tuppeny's worth...

Changing employers can be difficult if you are working for someone in the private sector (not including the exempt categories). We were looking to hire a web designer, who was nearing the end of his 3 year contract with another employer, thinking that because he'd completed the terms of his contract, he would then be free to work for us. However, his old employer absolutely refused to let him go(!) and insisted he renew his contract, which he didn't want to. To cut a long story short, his employer managed to get him banned from the UAE for I think 6 months!! We're currently employing him free lance until he can re-enter in October It's quite a grey and a bit OTT really.

Also, a no objection letter often does not really stand for much, you still risk a ban if you try to leave an employer mid-contract, even if he has no objection to your leaving.

Last edited by Cherrypie; Sep 26th 2004 at 3:28 pm.
Old Sep 27th 2004, 5:47 am
TA5
Banned (Always Correct)

TA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond repute

face81

the only flight out of SHJ that day was to Kabul, then Kandahar, then back to SHJ. It left at 3 the morning and was back at 2 in the afternoon local, he didn't even have to leave the plane in kbl/kdh. He could have taken the SHJ-FRA-SHJ flight the day before, but we were real busy.
Old Sep 27th 2004, 6:29 am
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by TA5
face81

the only flight out of SHJ that day was to Kabul, then Kandahar, then back to SHJ. It left at 3 the morning and was back at 2 in the afternoon local, he didn't even have to leave the plane in kbl/kdh. He could have taken the SHJ-FRA-SHJ flight the day before, but we were real busy.
Quite a long trip then..... And he must have spent ages on the plane? Why didnt he opt for a more tourist friendly spot so he could have had a holiday too? haha
just curious.

-Face81