Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Local Business Partner

Local Business Partner

Old Oct 13th 2004, 8:02 am
A slow driver!

lillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to behold
Default Local Business Partner

Can anybody please give me some advice of the best way to find a local business partner?

Am in the process of starting a business in Dubai (an LLC) and am stuck as to who to work with. I don't really want financial backing from them, I need it more in a legal sense and want to pay a monthly fee in order to have their name on the papers.

Any pearls of wisdom from anybody or, even better, have any of you been in the same situation?

Thanks!

LG
Old Oct 13th 2004, 8:34 am
TA5
Banned (Always Correct)

TA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Local Business Partner

what kind of business?

if you go to www.khaleejtimes.com, or www.gulfnews.com, you'll find many classifieds for people that can help you set up your business and sponsor you here as a non-financially backing partner

that being said, i'm sure alot of these could be scams so i'd be careful
Old Oct 13th 2004, 8:40 am
The 5th Amendment

joseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nice

Originally Posted by lillygirl
Can anybody please give me some advice of the best way to find a local business partner?

Am in the process of starting a business in Dubai (an LLC) and am stuck as to who to work with. I don't really want financial backing from them, I need it more in a legal sense and want to pay a monthly fee in order to have their name on the papers.

Any pearls of wisdom from anybody or, even better, have any of you been in the same situation?

Thanks!

LG
friend of mine is in the same boat....

gimme a shout and may be able to just do the advice thing.

drop me a line. J
Old Oct 13th 2004, 12:01 pm
A slow driver!

lillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to behold

Scams are what I am worried about

But will look in the papers when am over in a week or so - thank you.

I have some people potentially interested but the more options the merrier!

LG
Old Oct 13th 2004, 12:20 pm
Simply Brilliant

Cherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really nice

Thanks!

LG
Hi Lillygirl,

When we relocated our business from the UK to Dubai, we actually budgeted for the services of a consultant and to be honest he's worth every penny. It can be difficult otherwise, as rules and laws are not as clear-cut as they first appear and this guy has real knowledge and wasta (contacts), which helped tremendously. Also, it frees you up from the bureaucracy and red-tape and allows you to focus on your business. Most of the headaches I faced therefore were basically set-up related, eg. Etisalat running out of business broadband internet connections (don't ask!!).

If this is not an option, as it is expensive, I could give you the name of my sponsor. He's been our consultant's sponsor for years too, never interferes and is a decent bloke. To be honest, it is actually his 2 year old daughter who is officially our sponsor, lol!!, but she's very cute and never interferes either

PM me if you want more info.
Old Oct 13th 2004, 12:39 pm
A slow driver!

Originally Posted by Cherrypie
Hi Lillygirl,

When we relocated our business from the UK to Dubai, we actually budgeted for the services of a consultant and to be honest he's worth every penny. It can be difficult otherwise, as rules and laws are not as clear-cut as they first appear and this guy has real knowledge and wasta (contacts), which helped tremendously. Also, it frees you up from the bureaucracy and red-tape and allows you to focus on your business. Most of the headaches I faced therefore were basically set-up related, eg. Etisalat running out of business broadband internet connections (don't ask!!).

If this is not an option, as it is expensive, I could give you the name of my sponsor. He's been our consultant's sponsor for years too, never interferes and is a decent bloke. To be honest, it is actually his 2 year old daughter who is officially our sponsor, lol!!, but she's very cute and never interferes either

PM me if you want more info.

Thanks a million - just PM'd you
Old Oct 13th 2004, 12:49 pm
Simply Brilliant

Cherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really nice

Thanks a million - just PM'd you
Got your PM but have to shoot off now. Will reply later.
Old Oct 13th 2004, 1:16 pm
Beduoin_Boy

Got your PM but have to shoot off now. Will reply later.
Cherrypie, I will not step on your feet or that lil girl. But if you think you sponsor can provide her what she wants then God Bless You.

What Kind of Business is she looking to start? If its something beyond the reach of your sponsor Than just drop me a PM. Only You.

Old Oct 14th 2004, 8:29 am
Simply Brilliant

Originally Posted by Beduoin_Boy

If its something beyond the reach of your sponsor Than just drop me a PM. Only You.
LOL, Bed Boy! You have made me feel all special

Thanks for your kind offer...will keep it in mind
Old Oct 14th 2004, 8:33 am
Beduoin_Boy

LOL, Bed Boy! You have made me feel all special

Thanks for your kind offer...will keep it in mind
Hahaha! and before you pm me just do also let me know How much money she wants to Invest. lol.

Old Oct 14th 2004, 8:44 am
Simply Brilliant

Hahaha! and before you pm me just do also let me know How much money she wants to Invest. lol.
Let you know before I pm you..not sure how I'll manage that

Anyway, my sponsor and consultant are pretty hot, so we shan't need you
Old Oct 14th 2004, 8:50 am
Beduoin_Boy

Anyway, my sponsor and consultant are pretty hot, so we shan't need you
That would mean less headheache for me. whats the last name of your sponsor? pm.

Old Oct 14th 2004, 8:50 am
Beduoin_Boy

I hope its not a Bastiki!

Old Oct 14th 2004, 8:54 am
Simply Brilliant

That would mean less headheache for me. whats the last name of your sponsor? pm.
and why would I divulge that information to someone who can't even spell his own user-name?
Old Oct 14th 2004, 8:55 am
Simply Brilliant

I hope its not a Bastiki!
That name alone would ring alarm bells for most people

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.