Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Living as unmarried couple in Saudi Arabia?

Living as unmarried couple in Saudi Arabia?

Old Nov 14th 2007, 6:16 pm
Just Joined

ClaraCaroline is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Living as unmarried couple in Saudi Arabia?

My sisters boyfriend are planning on moving to Riyadh, Saudi Arabia for 1-2 years. They are not yet married, only living together. Is it possible to live as an unmarried couple in Saudi? - I have heard it's not possible, so I'd appreciate if someone here knew?
Old Nov 14th 2007, 6:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Living as unmarried couple in Saudi Arabia?

Originally Posted by ClaraCaroline
My sisters boyfriend are planning on moving to Riyadh, Saudi Arabia for 1-2 years. They are not yet married, only living together. Is it possible to live as an unmarried couple in Saudi? - I have heard it's not possible, so I'd appreciate if someone here knew?
Hmmm...

Over to the news room...
Old Nov 14th 2007, 6:21 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Confucius
Hmmm...

Over to the news room...
I'd say let them try it and report back to us...
Old Nov 14th 2007, 6:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
I'd say let them try it and report back to us...
I hear that they circumcize the whole "unit"...
Old Nov 14th 2007, 6:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

They can,if they are both sponsored by different sponsors,if they never drive together in a car,never walk outside together,have an 'arrangement"with the person renting them the accomodation.
It is against the law,you know.
Oh, and you have to make arrangements with the Muttaween(religious police, better said the agency to enforce virtue and combat vice) gawwd, I love that one, so they don't beat you up and forget you somewhere in the desert...far, far in the desert.
Their choice, really.
They should really try and get some more info on Saudi, it can be a fab place to live,YES IT CAN, but you need to know what you are doing.

I got divorced and married during my time in Saudi, it is doable.
Old Nov 14th 2007, 6:32 pm
Just Joined

ClaraCaroline is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lady Lou
They can,if they are both sponsored by different sponsors,if they never drive together in a car,never walk outside together,have an 'arrangement"with the person renting them the accomodation.
It is against the law,you know.
Oh, and you have to make arrangements with the Muttaween(religious police, better said the agency to enforce virtue and combat vice) gawwd, I love that one, so they don't beat you up and forget you somewhere in the desert...far, far in the desert.
Their choice, really.
They should really try and get some more info on Saudi, it can be a fab place to live,YES IT CAN, but you need to know what you are doing.
Thank you. So I was right then...I wouldn't want to live there myself. Been in Kuwait, and that was bad enough for me (bombings back in 1986).
Old Nov 14th 2007, 6:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Confucius
I hear that they circumcize the whole "unit"...
Who's unit?
Old Nov 14th 2007, 6:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ah, I was in the compound bombings in Riyadh.
Old Nov 14th 2007, 6:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Lady Lou
Who's unit?
The man's...
Old Nov 14th 2007, 6:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Don't know......not a subject of conversation I assume.
Old Nov 14th 2007, 6:40 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

we may well see them in Chop Chop square at some point
Old Nov 14th 2007, 6:41 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiva
we may well see them in Chop Chop square at some point
telling them we told you so...
Old Nov 14th 2007, 6:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ah, chop chop square, the usual Friday entertainment for the common man.
Old Nov 14th 2007, 6:43 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
telling them we told you so...

not at all, just making a passing remark
Old Nov 14th 2007, 6:44 pm
hmmmm...nice

Originally Posted by shiva
not at all, just making a passing remark
on the way to the pub like...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.