Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Living in the UAE!

Living in the UAE!

Old Aug 3rd 2007, 6:45 pm
Just Joined

yehcheez is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Living in the UAE!

hey guys, just moved to AD from London and currently experiencing a massive internet culture shock! i was wondering if any british expat could guide me on a few things about this place:

1) i heard the arabs suck on a british degree and passport? would tht mean il get a money pile of a job? if i will, how should i go out on my job hunting missions? im sure they dont recruit from the internet like in the UK so whtr the options that i have?

2) whatr the ADSL companies here with whom i can get a GOOD and CHEAP service from? im currently using dialup :|

3) any brit girls around in AD and where can i find them?

cheerios a bunch!
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 6:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

jvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Living in the UAE!

Originally Posted by yehcheez
i heard the arabs suck on a british degree and passport?
are you for real?

or Diabolo back again under a different handle?

You've moved here without a job and expecting with an old colonial attitude that you'll be carried - without mentioning *what* your degree / (more importantly) relevant experience is, what industry you are looking at...

and you're already sorted for accommodation and already have a phone and internet connection, albeit dialup?

you seem to think the move is a guaranteed-sun, cheap, well-paid 18-30 holiday with British slappers on every corner waiting for you to slip it to them. Ask anyone (like Conf ) - it ain't so.
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 6:56 pm
Just Joined

yep, thats called 'living with parents'
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 7:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

jvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond repute

yep, thats called 'living with parents'
ah that would explain it.

They no help with your job situation?
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 7:03 pm
Just Joined

well they r, but its always good to know ur 'other' options.
Old Aug 4th 2007, 12:17 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

hummpphh
Old Aug 4th 2007, 9:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Amazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jvr20
are you for real?

or Diabolo back again under a different handle?

You've moved here without a job and expecting with an old colonial attitude that you'll be carried - without mentioning *what* your degree / (more importantly) relevant experience is, what industry you are looking at...

and you're already sorted for accommodation and already have a phone and internet connection, albeit dialup?

you seem to think the move is a guaranteed-sun, cheap, well-paid 18-30 holiday with British slappers on every corner waiting for you to slip it to them. Ask anyone (like Conf ) - it ain't so.

OMG, here we go again
Old Aug 4th 2007, 11:21 am
live life to the max

mythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazing Grace
OMG, here we go again
never fear, conf and myth are here
Old Aug 4th 2007, 11:29 am

beebee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mythic
never fear, conf and myth are here
Oh Hell.. its the Two Musketeers
Old Aug 4th 2007, 11:30 am
live life to the max

mythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beebee
Oh Hell.. its the Two Musketeers
hey after your outburst, make that three
Old Aug 4th 2007, 11:34 am

hey after your outburst, make that three
Oh no..

I'm all talk
Old Aug 4th 2007, 11:38 am
live life to the max

Oh no..

I'm all talk
far too late for that now, you are number three, crusaders for justice and all that, besides the feminine touch may come in handy
Old Aug 4th 2007, 11:45 am

far too late for that now, you are number three, crusaders for justice and all that, besides the feminine touch may come in handy
I dont do 3's
Old Aug 4th 2007, 11:57 am
live life to the max

I dont do 3's
oooh am blushing now, ok you be number 1, that better
Old Aug 5th 2007, 3:48 am
W10

hey guys, just moved to AD from London and currently experiencing a massive internet culture shock! i was wondering if any british expat could guide me on a few things about this place:

1) i heard the arabs suck on a british degree and passport? would tht mean il get a money pile of a job? if i will, how should i go out on my job hunting missions? im sure they dont recruit from the internet like in the UK so whtr the options that i have?

2) whatr the ADSL companies here with whom i can get a GOOD and CHEAP service from? im currently using dialup :|

3) any brit girls around in AD and where can i find them?

cheerios a bunch!
God bless the British

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.