Living in Sin

Old Nov 28th 2009, 1:16 pm
Banned

Benny Dorm is a name known to allBenny Dorm is a name known to allBenny Dorm is a name known to allBenny Dorm is a name known to allBenny Dorm is a name known to allBenny Dorm is a name known to allBenny Dorm is a name known to allBenny Dorm is a name known to allBenny Dorm is a name known to allBenny Dorm is a name known to allBenny Dorm is a name known to all
Default Living in Sin

I was thinking of perhaps taking advantage of the current financial crisis in Dubai and hopefully buying property at a discounted price. However, whether or not this will be possible is not as important as the fact that I want my girlfriend to live with me, is this possible under Dubai law?
Old Nov 28th 2009, 1:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Living in Sin

Originally Posted by Benny Dorm View Post
I was thinking of perhaps taking advantage of the current financial crisis in Dubai and hopefully buying property at a discounted price. However, whether or not this will be possible is not as important as the fact that I want my girlfriend to live with me, is this possible under Dubai law?
It depends on whether you both want to live and work there, or just come on visit visas. No-one will moan too much about you co-habiting, although it is technically illegal. You can get a residence visa from the master developer that you buy your property from, but you cannot get one for the gf.

I'd wait a little before jumping in, tho - things will likely get a lot uglier before prices start rising again.
Old Nov 28th 2009, 1:35 pm
Banned

Benny Dorm is a name known to allBenny Dorm is a name known to allBenny Dorm is a name known to allBenny Dorm is a name known to allBenny Dorm is a name known to allBenny Dorm is a name known to allBenny Dorm is a name known to allBenny Dorm is a name known to allBenny Dorm is a name known to allBenny Dorm is a name known to allBenny Dorm is a name known to all

Thank's for the info, one other thing, would we have a problem staying together in the same room at an hotel?
Old Nov 28th 2009, 2:09 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Benny Dorm View Post
Thank's for the info, one other thing, would we have a problem staying together in the same room at an hotel?
the answer to that is no.

if you did buy property it would have to be valued at more than 1million dirhams which might enable you to get a visa for 6 months, and they aint cheap.
Old Dec 15th 2009, 2:37 pm
Forum Regular

grapefruit is just really nicegrapefruit is just really nicegrapefruit is just really nicegrapefruit is just really nicegrapefruit is just really nicegrapefruit is just really nicegrapefruit is just really nicegrapefruit is just really nice

Originally Posted by Blue Cat View Post
the answer to that is no.

if you did buy property it would have to be valued at more than 1million dirhams which might enable you to get a visa for 6 months, and they aint cheap.
I think it's 2k-3k dirhams each renewal, you have to have minimum salary of 10k per month, and it doesn't sound like a proper residence visa - more like a multi-entry visit visa.

No need to rush into buying a Dubai property - supply will be higher than demand for another year or so at least.

If you've got the money (at least 25k dirhams each for you and gf), look at setting up as freelancers in one of the free zones.
Old Dec 17th 2009, 3:18 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

The recent rains should educate people into not buying property in the UAE...almost everyone I know in various locations had some sort of leakage issue.

This is the 21st century - I am not an Engingeer but surely by now villas and apartments can be built which do not leak?

N.
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 7:47 pm
Just Joined

ilya is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie View Post
I'd wait a little before jumping in, tho - things will likely get a lot uglier before prices start rising again.
if would even say IF they start rising again!