Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

"Living the lifestyle of a lifetime"...

"Living the lifestyle of a lifetime"...

Old Jul 1st 2009, 9:21 pm
Banned

GrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud of
Default "Living the lifestyle of a lifetime"...

http://www.gulfnews.com/nation/General/10327762.html

Should I mention that people here are swimming in the canals, and nobody has fallen sick (AFAIK)?
Old Jul 2nd 2009, 4:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Robbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really nice
Default Re: "Living the lifestyle of a lifetime"...

Yes, our son had vomiting, the trots and temperature for almost 2 weeks - we used to have him in the pool every day. My wife and I have had a number of days off work to look after him as nursery would not take him, and we have been to the Dr quite a few times when fever got too high.

I'd like to know where my service charges and beach club membership fees went. Nakheel won't discuss this with anyone, as its not their problem; they don't run the beach clubs. Erm, they contract someone to do that for them, so as far as I am concerned they are responsible.
Old Jul 2nd 2009, 4:34 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

The story is that Nakheel hasn't paid their contractors, and the contractors have stopped work on the pool maintenance.

Didn't something similar happen with the trash pickup on the Palm last December?

Originally Posted by GrecoRomano
http://www.gulfnews.com/nation/General/10327762.html

Should I mention that people here are swimming in the canals, and nobody has fallen sick (AFAIK)?
Old Jul 2nd 2009, 5:17 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

we were there last weekend and funnily enough Mitten has got a slight eye infection, now I know where she got it from.
Old Jul 3rd 2009, 2:54 pm
Is not impressed...

Aikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really nice

Isn't the real story that the eff'in Gulf News reported this?!?

HHSRBMVPAROD will not be pleased.
Old Jul 3rd 2009, 6:22 pm
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Water quality is one of the issues I have living in Dubai...not so much the swimming pools but the air conditioning systems in the tower blocks. I just hope that they do regularly clean and disinfect cooling waters...the last thing I want is Legionnaire's disease due to lack of maintenance.

PS. Of course they should maintain swimming pools as well, that is without question.
Old Jul 3rd 2009, 7:05 pm
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MacScot
Water quality is one of the issues I have living in Dubai...not so much the swimming pools but the air conditioning systems in the tower blocks. I just hope that they do regularly clean and disinfect cooling waters...the last thing I want is Legionnaire's disease due to lack of maintenance.

PS. Of course they should maintain swimming pools as well, that is without question.
Yeah, that's my concern too... and I'm not reassured by the spiel the FM company in JBR keep feeding me - that it's the responsibility of residents to have their A/C filters cleaned every 6 months. Enforcement? Ya wah?! Public areas? Er, come again?!

Oh and the bad smell that gave us headaches was our problem... didn't really matter that on investigation the soil vent pipe in the offending area wasn't sealed above suspended ceiling level...

All I know is that my daughter regularly ran temperatures of over 38, regularly had the runs and regularly went off her food... since we've been back in the Uk, all that has stopped.
Old Jul 3rd 2009, 7:20 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MacScot

:r ofl:

didnt the westin have a legionnaire outbreak recently ?