British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Living at Garvey's, Doha (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/living-garveys-doha-859670/)

tedpop Jun 6th 2015 2:31 pm

Living at Garvey's, Doha

Evening all, for the past eight months I've been in company accommodation provided by my school. I have now been offered a small housing allowance of QR6000 so will be moving in with a fellow teacher in order to afford somewhere.

We were looking at Ain Khalid/Abu Hamour as they're near work and cheaper than Al Waab. We have also been told Garvey's is affordable, but I just wanted to see if anyone lives/has stayed there and could offer an opinion on what it's like. We're being swayed towards it as it's convenient (utilities included in rent), fairly cheap and, again, is near school. Also a step up from Umm Ghuwailina where I'm currently housed.

Thanks for your input.

britexpat76 Jun 6th 2015 3:21 pm

Re: Living at Garvey's, Doha

Originally Posted by tedpop (Post 11667752)
Evening all, for the past eight months I've been in company accommodation provided by my school. I have now been offered a small housing allowance of QR6000 so will be moving in with a fellow teacher in order to afford somewhere.

We were looking at Ain Khalid/Abu Hamour as they're near work and cheaper than Al Waab. We have also been told Garvey's is affordable, but I just wanted to see if anyone lives/has stayed there and could offer an opinion on what it's like. We're being swayed towards it as it's convenient (utilities included in rent), fairly cheap and, again, is near school. Also a step up from Umm Ghuwailina where I'm currently housed.

Thanks for your input.

Plus you have the pool and food! :thumbsup:

OleJanx Jun 6th 2015 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by britexpat76 (Post 11667781)
Plus you have the pool and food! :thumbsup:

And Dan and Ros.

co durham boy Jun 7th 2015 6:16 am

Garvey's is decent , good pool , grub and a gym . You could do a lot lot worse for the price .

cdn3 Jun 22nd 2015 10:47 am

What are the prices like at Garvey's? Never knew they had accommodation there.

tedpop Jun 22nd 2015 12:19 pm

2 beds are around 9000. They have townhouses and apartments and also serviced apartments with shared kitchens (the latter being a cheaper option).

cdn3 Jun 22nd 2015 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by tedpop (Post 11681489)
2 beds are around 9000. They have townhouses and apartments and also serviced apartments with shared kitchens (the latter being a cheaper option).

Thanks for the info.