Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Living at Dubai Investment Park or Discovery gardens

Living at Dubai Investment Park or Discovery gardens

Old Jun 23rd 2008, 3:33 pm
  #1  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 103
Saj786 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Living at Dubai Investment Park or Discovery gardens

Hey all - I will be viewing a few apartments at DIP and Discovery Gardens.
Anyone living there at the mo or know anything about these? Looking at a 1 bed apartment and have a budget of around the 100K dhs level.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Saj
Saj786 is offline  
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 5:16 pm
  #2  
same shit different day
 
Slingshot's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,049
Slingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Living at Dubai Investment Park or Discovery gardens

discovery gardens is pretty well priced. a friend has a 2 bed there and it is pretty spacious. he rented that through the gardens direct but I don't know if they still do lettings that way. maybe have a look on Better Homes www.bhomes.com
anyone I know living at green community loves it - just the roundabout to access it can be a nightmare. what area will you work in? then it is easier to advise on your commute. discovery gardens has the best for access and you have the mall on your doorstep. the lake apartments at the green community are very spacious.
Slingshot is offline  
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 6:54 pm
  #3  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Hertfordshire
Posts: 9
zenaH is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Living at Dubai Investment Park or Discovery gardens

Originally Posted by Slingshot View Post
discovery gardens is pretty well priced. a friend has a 2 bed there and it is pretty spacious. he rented that through the gardens direct but I don't know if they still do lettings that way. maybe have a look on Better Homes www.bhomes.com
anyone I know living at green community loves it - just the roundabout to access it can be a nightmare. what area will you work in? then it is easier to advise on your commute. discovery gardens has the best for access and you have the mall on your doorstep. the lake apartments at the green community are very spacious.
Thanks Slingshot - i will be viewing the apartments through bhomes. Not sure which area I will eventually end up working at, it will probably be between internet city or somewhere in Shk Zyed road (pardon my geographical knowledge of dubai)

Useful to know that the apartments are spacious and relatively reasonable, thanks again.
zenaH is offline  
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 6:57 pm
  #4  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 103
Saj786 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Living at Dubai Investment Park or Discovery gardens

Originally Posted by zenaH View Post
Thanks Slingshot - i will be viewing the apartments through bhomes. Not sure which area I will eventually end up working at, it will probably be between internet city or somewhere in Shk Zyed road (pardon my geographical knowledge of dubai)

Useful to know that the apartments are spacious and relatively reasonable, thanks again.

Sorry, that was NOT me pretending to be my wife, i just realised i was logged in as her.
Saj786 is offline  
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 7:00 pm
  #5  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Confucius's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 23,434
Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Living at Dubai Investment Park or Discovery gardens

Originally Posted by Saj786 View Post
Sorry, that was NOT me pretending to be my wife, i just realised i was logged in as her.
Do you also have access to the lacy stuff, Sir???
Confucius is offline  
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 7:07 pm
  #6  
same shit different day
 
Slingshot's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,049
Slingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Living at Dubai Investment Park or Discovery gardens

Originally Posted by zenaH View Post
Thanks Slingshot - i will be viewing the apartments through bhomes. Not sure which area I will eventually end up working at, it will probably be between internet city or somewhere in Shk Zyed road (pardon my geographical knowledge of dubai)

Useful to know that the apartments are spacious and relatively reasonable, thanks again.
if you are based in Internet City then you could also have a look at the greens and tecom area which would be on your doorstep and even if you are on Sheikh Zd Rd it would still be an easy commute. the latter area however is a building site. commuting from green community to Internet City can take 30-40 minutes due to the light system on the large roundabout
Slingshot is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.