British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Living at Dubai Investment Park or Discovery gardens (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/living-dubai-investment-park-discovery-gardens-544744/)

Saj786 Jun 23rd 2008 3:33 pm

Living at Dubai Investment Park or Discovery gardens

Hey all - I will be viewing a few apartments at DIP and Discovery Gardens.
Anyone living there at the mo or know anything about these? Looking at a 1 bed apartment and have a budget of around the 100K dhs level.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Saj

Slingshot Jun 23rd 2008 5:16 pm

Re: Living at Dubai Investment Park or Discovery gardens

discovery gardens is pretty well priced. a friend has a 2 bed there and it is pretty spacious. he rented that through the gardens direct but I don't know if they still do lettings that way. maybe have a look on Better Homes www.bhomes.com
anyone I know living at green community loves it - just the roundabout to access it can be a nightmare. what area will you work in? then it is easier to advise on your commute. discovery gardens has the best for access and you have the mall on your doorstep. the lake apartments at the green community are very spacious.

zenaH Jun 23rd 2008 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by Slingshot (Post 6495691)
discovery gardens is pretty well priced. a friend has a 2 bed there and it is pretty spacious. he rented that through the gardens direct but I don't know if they still do lettings that way. maybe have a look on Better Homes www.bhomes.com
anyone I know living at green community loves it - just the roundabout to access it can be a nightmare. what area will you work in? then it is easier to advise on your commute. discovery gardens has the best for access and you have the mall on your doorstep. the lake apartments at the green community are very spacious.

Thanks Slingshot - i will be viewing the apartments through bhomes. Not sure which area I will eventually end up working at, it will probably be between internet city or somewhere in Shk Zyed road (pardon my geographical knowledge of dubai)

Useful to know that the apartments are spacious and relatively reasonable, thanks again.

Saj786 Jun 23rd 2008 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by zenaH (Post 6496019)
Thanks Slingshot - i will be viewing the apartments through bhomes. Not sure which area I will eventually end up working at, it will probably be between internet city or somewhere in Shk Zyed road (pardon my geographical knowledge of dubai)

Useful to know that the apartments are spacious and relatively reasonable, thanks again.

Sorry, that was NOT me pretending to be my wife, i just realised i was logged in as her.

Confucius Jun 23rd 2008 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by Saj786 (Post 6496029)
Sorry, that was NOT me pretending to be my wife, i just realised i was logged in as her.

Do you also have access to the lacy stuff, Sir???

Slingshot Jun 23rd 2008 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by zenaH (Post 6496019)

if you are based in Internet City then you could also have a look at the greens and tecom area which would be on your doorstep and even if you are on Sheikh Zd Rd it would still be an easy commute. the latter area however is a building site. commuting from green community to Internet City can take 30-40 minutes due to the light system on the large roundabout