Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Living as a bachelor in Doha

Living as a bachelor in Doha

Old Apr 18th 2007, 12:56 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Living as a bachelor in Doha

Originally Posted by MataHari
The whole compound thing scares me...same people, same faces..day in day out...
I even refused to go and look at compounds here in Dubai...and I include Springs, Meadows, AR etc in those...call me paranoid....
God, I wish I was perfect.

I wish I had the luxury to choose!
Old Apr 18th 2007, 1:00 pm
W10

I know you're being flippant, but you can't compare the minority of wealthy people who choose to live in compounds in the UK with the majority who choose it here.

Likewise you can't compare the economically enforced ghetto-isation in inner cities in the UK with the free choice, I only want to meet whiteys attitude which pervades in the expat community

Old Apr 18th 2007, 1:01 pm
W10

Originally Posted by littlejimmy

Old bean, you might find its cheaper to live outside the Greens

Old Apr 18th 2007, 1:03 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

?.....
We have a single villa for less money than most houses in those compounds.
Nothing to do with being perfect.
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by W10
Old bean, you might find its cheaper to live outside the Greens
I live in Springs. Truman Show on acid.

You're right about the ghetto bit, I was being flippant, but the point I was clumsily trying to make is that we never hear the end of the apparent lack of integration by Muslims in the UK in filthy, hate-spewing rags like the Mail.
Excess Baggage

?.....
We have a single villa for less money than most houses in those compounds.
Nothing to do with being perfect.
Now you're being smug.
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by W10
I know you're being flippant, but you can't compare the minority of wealthy people who choose to live in compounds in the UK with the majority who choose it here.

Likewise you can't compare the economically enforced ghetto-isation in inner cities in the UK with the free choice, I only want to meet whiteys attitude which pervades in the expat community
not all the expats are like that though W10, alot of us have many friends from lots of different background and countries. That is what I love about this place, I have got a great canadian friend, who I would never have met in the UK and she is teaching me how to speak Canadian!!! LOL
Old Apr 18th 2007, 1:05 pm
W10

I didn't say all. But you cannot deny that the overwhelming majority of expats act like this

Old Apr 18th 2007, 1:07 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by W10
I didn't say all. But you cannot deny that the overwhelming majority of expats act like this
i find that people are dialect racist, I have come over it time and time again.
Old Apr 18th 2007, 1:08 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Now you're being smug.
Why? Because I don't like compounds? Or because we found a house that is reasonable value for money? I think you keep reading things into my posts that are not there.
Old Apr 18th 2007, 1:11 pm
Excess Baggage

Why? Because I don't like compounds? Or because we found a house that is reasonable value for money? I think you keep reading things into my posts that are not there.
I think you're taking me too seriously.

I thought you Dutch people were chilled.

Anyway, good to read that, BC. Mixing with different cultures - like Canadians.
Old Apr 18th 2007, 1:14 pm
Concierge

I think you're taking me too seriously.

I thought you Dutch people were chilled.

Anyway, good to read that, BC. Mixing with different cultures - like Canadians.
I only put it on cos I have been winding her up about speaking Geordie, she can say 'aye' quite nicely now!!
Old Apr 18th 2007, 1:15 pm
W10

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
alot of us have many friends from lots of different background and countries. That is what I love about this place, I have got a great canadian friend, who I would never have met in the UK and she is teaching me how to speak Canadian!!! LOL
Sorry...I just saw this.

You are being serious?

Old Apr 18th 2007, 1:16 pm
W10

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
i find that people are dialect racist, I have come over it time and time again.
Well...if you can't speak the Queens English.

Johnny Foreigner has an excuse.

Old Apr 18th 2007, 1:34 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by W10
Sorry...I just saw this.

You are being serious?
what do you think!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.