LIVING IN AL AIN & WORKING IN DUBAI

LIVING IN AL AIN & WORKING IN DUBAI

Old Feb 27th 2008, 4:04 pm
Just Joined

Stasudedoss is an unknown quantity at this point
Default LIVING IN AL AIN & WORKING IN DUBAI

Hi all!
I am evaluating moving to Al Ain.
The main reason is the cheaper rent and an less stressful life for the family.
How would commuting from Al Ain to Dubai be in terms of traffic compared to living in Dubai and commuting to work every day in the heavy traffic?
I am planning to set up in a Free Zone, which would you suggest if commuting from Al Ain?
Thanks
Old Feb 28th 2008, 12:53 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LIVING IN AL AIN & WORKING IN DUBAI

we have looked into this as well and it really isn't viable, the drive is just too long to make it a daily commute. It is exactly 120kms from Al Barsha to Al Ain, doesnt sound alot but you have to negotiate the Emirates Road etc to join it and it all just turned out to be a logical nightmare
Old Feb 28th 2008, 4:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stasudedoss
Hi all!
I am evaluating moving to Al Ain.
The main reason is the cheaper rent and an less stressful life for the family.
How would commuting from Al Ain to Dubai be in terms of traffic compared to living in Dubai and commuting to work every day in the heavy traffic?
I am planning to set up in a Free Zone, which would you suggest if commuting from Al Ain?
Thanks
for the free zone it may depend on your type of business.
Old Feb 28th 2008, 5:09 am
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
we have looked into this as well and it really isn't viable, the drive is just too long to make it a daily commute. It is exactly 120kms from Al Barsha to Al Ain, doesnt sound alot but you have to negotiate the Emirates Road etc to join it and it all just turned out to be a logical nightmare

If you persuade enough of you, with the saving on rents - you may be able to have a daily chartered helicopter....

W10 once proposed this to live in Dibba and commute to DXB daily... If anyone wants to do this - let me know!
Old Feb 28th 2008, 7:47 am
Just Joined

Stasudedoss is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your feedback.

LOL a helicopter wouldn't be a bad idea.

Regarding the business it would be a trading company with a wharehouse.

Getting back to the commute, if for instance the company would be in the Jebel Ali Free Zone, then looking at the map I could take the Dubai-Al Ain Road, then change at "Ud al Bayda" and take the E77 Jebel Ali-AL Habab Road and arrive behind the Green Community. In that way I wouldn't have to take the Emirates Road. Obviously this is looking at a map! what are your thoughts?

In Al Ain I could get a decent villa for approx. 90k while in JBR or Marina I would need at least double to get a 3 b/r apartment from what I found on the ads.
Old Feb 28th 2008, 9:11 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

I do this drive regularly, I live near the Greens, I do it off peak traffic times and have never done it in less than 90 minutes
Old Feb 28th 2008, 9:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stasudedoss
Thanks for your feedback.

LOL a helicopter wouldn't be a bad idea.

Regarding the business it would be a trading company with a wharehouse.

Getting back to the commute, if for instance the company would be in the Jebel Ali Free Zone, then looking at the map I could take the Dubai-Al Ain Road, then change at "Ud al Bayda" and take the E77 Jebel Ali-AL Habab Road and arrive behind the Green Community. In that way I wouldn't have to take the Emirates Road. Obviously this is looking at a map! what are your thoughts?

In Al Ain I could get a decent villa for approx. 90k while in JBR or Marina I would need at least double to get a 3 b/r apartment from what I found on the ads.
depends what you are trading. My company is a commodity trading company so we are part of the DMCC free zone.
Old Feb 28th 2008, 10:38 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
depends what you are trading. My company is a commodity trading company so we are part of the DMCC free zone.
you bought the company!
Old Feb 28th 2008, 11:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
you bought the company!
my employers!
if I was going to invest I certainly wouldnt do so here. not that I have any money to invest!
Old Feb 28th 2008, 1:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Amazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond repute

I live in Al Ain at the moment in Al Ain Hilton and am looking for property, i have got all the names and numbers to find accommodation and unless you want a big villa with 17 rooms at least for 150,000 there ain't no accommodation. Even when you ring the ones in the newspapers they have gone. I love coming down to Dubai to see friends and shopping etc but I wouldn't dream of doing that road twice a day.