Living in Al Ain

Old Jul 23rd 2009, 11:55 pm
Just Joined

irelandcalling is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Living in Al Ain

Originally Posted by sassypilotswife
No worries Chica.. we will take great care of you. Just stay in contact with us and we can walk you thru it and as well you will meet others in your same situation

Melanie
Hi

We are moving over there in August with our children. I am nervous too. Have not heard anything on accommodation yet except in Hilton for first few days. Have not seen what accommodation is like, size, location etc. Does anyone know anything about accommodation in Al Ain. All advice would be really welcomed. Thanks in advance.
Old Jul 24th 2009, 6:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Amazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irelandcalling
Hi

We are moving over there in August with our children. I am nervous too. Have not heard anything on accommodation yet except in Hilton for first few days. Have not seen what accommodation is like, size, location etc. Does anyone know anything about accommodation in Al Ain. All advice would be really welcomed. Thanks in advance.

What age are the children, if you are staying at The Hilton which is where I live then if the children are littlies it would be advisable to get a ground floor villa as some of the villas are on two storeys, some are on the first floor with a balcony but the ground floor ones open out on to the gardens and for little peeps and toddlers this would be ideal and safe. If your company has accomodation already then you will most likely be in the hotel for a little while but if you have to find your own accomodation expect to stay a bit longer than a few days. Are you coming out to teach which seems to be the main stream of new people arriving in Al Ain at the moment. Hope your move goes smoothly and maybe catch up with you when you arrive.
Old Jul 24th 2009, 8:14 am
Just Joined

mountaingirl is an unknown quantity at this point

I have been in Al Ain for about two weeks. I stumbled upon your board after trying to get answers on the expatwomen site. They just do not seem to have the traffic this board has especially about living in Al Ain. So my two questions are:
1 Where is a great place to get a hair cut? and who from that salon would you recommend?
2. My 8 year old son has a slight stutter and I need to find a speech therapist to continue with him. Any thoughts on where to look would be helpful. So far I found one in Abu Dhabi but did not want to do the drive if I did not have to. Any recommendations?

Thank you Rebecca
Old Jul 24th 2009, 8:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Amazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mountaingirl
I have been in Al Ain for about two weeks. I stumbled upon your board after trying to get answers on the expatwomen site. They just do not seem to have the traffic this board has especially about living in Al Ain. So my two questions are:
1 Where is a great place to get a hair cut? and who from that salon would you recommend?
2. My 8 year old son has a slight stutter and I need to find a speech therapist to continue with him. Any thoughts on where to look would be helpful. So far I found one in Abu Dhabi but did not want to do the drive if I did not have to. Any recommendations?

Thank you Rebecca
Haircuts is a word of mouth situation the one I had mine done at last isnt liked by other people so you really need to talk to people. Try Al Ain Hospital for your son, you may be able to get help there other than that I cannot help. Perhpas Mums at the schools would be better able to help with your question about your son, my chicks have flown the nest but then you will have to wait until September when everyone returns

Last edited by Amazing Grace; Jul 24th 2009 at 9:03 am.
Old Jul 24th 2009, 9:11 am
Just Joined

Thanks AG,
I would still like the contact details for the person you used to cut your hair. I had a very busy move from Saudi to here and my hair is severly neglected. I have to get it done to start feeling normal again.
Thanks again.
Old Jul 24th 2009, 9:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks AG,
I would still like the contact details for the person you used to cut your hair. I had a very busy move from Saudi to here and my hair is severly neglected. I have to get it done to start feeling normal again.
Thanks again.
Cannot advertise on the main board so keep posting and when you have 5 posts I can send you a PM with his details. Where abouts in Saudi did you work. My husband and I were working for two military hospitals in Khamis Mushayt in the Southern Region, we loved it.
Old Jul 24th 2009, 9:22 am
Just Joined

irelandcalling is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Amazing Grace
What age are the children, if you are staying at The Hilton which is where I live then if the children are littlies it would be advisable to get a ground floor villa as some of the villas are on two storeys, some are on the first floor with a balcony but the ground floor ones open out on to the gardens and for little peeps and toddlers this would be ideal and safe. If your company has accomodation already then you will most likely be in the hotel for a little while but if you have to find your own accomodation expect to stay a bit longer than a few days. Are you coming out to teach which seems to be the main stream of new people arriving in Al Ain at the moment. Hope your move goes smoothly and maybe catch up with you when you arrive.
Yes accommodation is provided but staying in hilton for one week. (as far as i know). Looking forward to joining you for a cup of coffee and chat as don't know anyone out there. Only information i have is that flights are in August but don't know where the accommodation is.

chat soon
Old Jul 24th 2009, 9:24 am
Just Joined

We were in Al Khobar, my Husband worked for a University there. We were there for two years and had mixed feelings about the place. My husband went ahead of me to UAE in February and I stayed behind in Saudi with the six kids to finish the school year. Hence the frazzled look of my hair. lol So that is why I am desperate for a hair cut; also the freedom to drive again is going to my head. How long have/did you live in Al Ain?
Old Jul 24th 2009, 9:43 am
BE Enthusiast

We were in Al Khobar, my Husband worked for a University there. We were there for two years and had mixed feelings about the place. My husband went ahead of me to UAE in February and I stayed behind in Saudi with the six kids to finish the school year. Hence the frazzled look of my hair. lol So that is why I am desperate for a hair cut; also the freedom to drive again is going to my head. How long have/did you live in Al Ain?
We were in Khamis for 4.5 years and have been here in Al Ain for just over two years. We live in the Hilton as hubby was only going to be here for two months and nothing has been permanent since LOL. A few ladies are meeting up for a coffee in the hotel Tuesday morning if you are free you are more than welcome to join us, the more the merrier.
Old Jul 24th 2009, 10:12 am
Forum Regular

sassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Mountain.. I used a girl here once to hold me over until I could get to my regular girl back home and now I won't go to anyone else but the girl here. She is fantastic and quite popular as she was referred to me by several on this thread. I will PM you her details
Old Jul 24th 2009, 6:38 pm
Just Joined

lawyergirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey everyone,

Haven't posted for awhile as my older brother came home from up north on holidays...3 weeks to go for me.

Heh heh - I found the Bawadi Mall website (www.bawadimall.com) and it looks pretty good to me! Apparently opening in May of this year.

Also looked at some satellite pictures of Al-Ain and looks to be a very interesting place, lots of sand of course!

Look forward to meeting you guys there - mountain, don't worry there are a lot of us in the same boat and there are some great people (as I can attest from this forum) already there. I'm sure everyone will help each other out and have a lot of fun!

Old Jul 24th 2009, 6:39 pm
Just Joined

lawyergirl is an unknown quantity at this point

whoops...typo - 'opened' in May 2009 my bad, sorry folks
Old Jul 24th 2009, 7:54 pm
Just Joined

Thanks AG Won't be able to make it this Tuesday I am taking my Daughter down to Dubai but if it is a weekly thing Iwill shoot for next week. Also thanks sassy let me try to post a couple more so I get past five post so you can pm me.
Old Jul 25th 2009, 6:31 pm
Just Joined

valeboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

Wonder if anyone can help, my other half has been offered a job with an accommodation allowance of around 3,000 Dirhams per month, is it possible to get a decent furnished villa for this?

Last edited by valeboy; Jul 25th 2009 at 7:06 pm.
Old Jul 25th 2009, 7:32 pm
Just Joined

Mastro100 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by valeboy
Hi All,

Wonder if anyone can help, my other half has been offered a job with an accommodation allowance of around 3,000 Dirhams per month, is it possible to get a decent furnished villa for this?
Hi Valeboy,
You mean 36000 per year. I guess it's even very difficult to get a flat with this amount. I'm not there yet but from what i've read here and in some other websites. Your allowance is not high enough for getting a good accommodation.

I hope I'm wrong and I'm sure the others will get back to you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.