Living in Al Ain

Old Jul 6th 2009, 10:23 am
Forum Regular

manwithnoname is just really nicemanwithnoname is just really nicemanwithnoname is just really nicemanwithnoname is just really nicemanwithnoname is just really nicemanwithnoname is just really nicemanwithnoname is just really nicemanwithnoname is just really nice
Default Re: Living in Al Ain

can anybody advise where i can buy black plastic irrigation pipe and fittings in aa? something more than just saniya if possible.
cheers.
Old Jul 6th 2009, 10:24 am
Forum Regular

aberdeensiregirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
I didnt say you were IN Macduff, I said you were tanning YOUR Macduff....lol
I was ignoring that. Just PM bluelioness and warned her about you hee hee hee! I was actually sitting in my newly retired teaching colleagues garden for 2 hours drinking champagne and eating strawberries! Bliss! You scottish men on here are gonna be overun by all these scottish females now!!!
Old Jul 6th 2009, 10:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Amazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond repute

Try the new ACE hardware at Bawadi Mall
Old Jul 6th 2009, 10:33 am
Forum Regular

manwithnoname is just really nicemanwithnoname is just really nicemanwithnoname is just really nicemanwithnoname is just really nicemanwithnoname is just really nicemanwithnoname is just really nicemanwithnoname is just really nicemanwithnoname is just really nice

Originally Posted by Amazing Grace
Try the new ACE hardware at Bawadi Mall
ace is quite frankly a little disappointing (understated to the extreme) no joy there.

thanks
Old Jul 6th 2009, 10:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Bluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really nice

Originally Posted by manwithnoname
can anybody advise where i can buy black plastic irrigation pipe and fittings in aa? something more than just saniya if possible.
cheers.
There is a really good and cheap shop in Sanaiya where my hubby got ours from, do you know where the NBAD bank is? Well it is down the hill from there. Got a big yellow and blue sign, but name escapes me. It's got a huge range of stuff and plenty of workers to help you find them!
Old Jul 6th 2009, 10:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Amazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond repute

Its better than we had before, Sanaya is the best place
Old Jul 6th 2009, 10:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Bluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really nice

ace is quite frankly a little disappointing (understated to the extreme) no joy there.

thanks
Yes I was underwhelmed by their new store too - have been to their Dubai Festival City one three times, but I daresay there arent enough potential customers here to make a bigger store viable. I will definitely be getting my paint there.
Old Jul 6th 2009, 10:40 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bluelionesse
There is a really good and cheap shop in Sanaiya where my hubby got ours from, do you know where the NBAD bank is? Well it is down the hill from there. Got a big yellow and blue sign, but name escapes me. It's got a huge range of stuff and plenty of workers to help you find them!
thanks from me and my plants
Old Jul 6th 2009, 11:38 am
Forum Regular

shammy is an unknown quantity at this point

cheers.
Greenline Gardens Tel 03 762 4919. They are in Hilli, opposite the Border gate. Used to be able to see them from the road, but now behind the new mall being built there. Let me know if you need more info. They laid our irrigation, etc, and did a good job - installed the timers etc. Bonus of that is that they maintain it and reprogram it for us whenever we need it done.
Shammy
Old Jul 6th 2009, 11:41 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bluelionesse
Hi
I moved to Al Ain last month and wonder if there are any coffee mornings or meets planned over the summer. I come from Aberdeenshire Scotland and am missing my network of friends very much! I'm here with my 16yo son, who would love to meet some teens too.
Thanks
M
Mondays at Action Zone in Al Ain Mall, 10am Mostly little Kids, but there were a couple of teens there too - yours would find something to do! Get your coffee, and bring it in. We meet at the Jungle Gym at the back. Also Tuesdays at Cosi in Al Jimi Mall, again 10am. I will be there tomorrow - come along!!!
Old Jul 6th 2009, 6:13 pm
Just Joined

lawyergirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

thanks for the reply

Muskol is an insect/mosquito repellent.

Okay so I have a technical question, maybe another Canadian might
be able to field this one:

I'm told I need to have my diplomas and marriage certificate attested.
The thing is my marriage took place in the Caribbean (husband's place of birth) and the certificate is from there. We've been living overseas and really have had no need to register in Canada as yet.

Where/how do I go about getting the marriage cert. attested? Do I take it to the Consulate of his country, and then send it to the UAE embassy in Ottawa? Or can I just send the original to the UAE embassy?

Also, my first degree is Canadian, so I need to get it notarized and then sent to Foreign Affairs to have it authenticated and then on to the UAE embassy..

but what about a degree from the U.K? I can get it notarized but the Canadian Foreign Affairs refuses to authenticate it....do I take it to the British High Commission and then onto the UAE?

I've been on the phones with all the various embassies but ended up with more confusion.

Also, I have heard that there are some courier companies that do the whole service for you in Ottawa within 2-3 days - does anyone have the name of such a company and/or the number?

Okay, so far the process is a bit confusing. My employer has asked me to send the contract within 3 days but I'm guessing the other documents can be taken with me when I go to the UAE? Does anyone know? I'm not sure how the whole visa process works.

Sorry for all the questions and possibly confusion...thanks for any help.

Take care
Old Jul 6th 2009, 6:50 pm
Just Joined

po300 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,

having problems finding reply to my thread re moving to al ain.

If anyone can help I would be very grateful.

many thanks
pauline
Old Jul 6th 2009, 7:00 pm
Just Joined

po300 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi

just found my thread at no 91 thought it would be at the beginning but now I know where to look.

Hoping to find out more info about job salaries at al ain university and for nursing. My hubby has telephone interview tomm. What is it like to live in al ain ect.
I am from dundee scotland and would be grateful for any advice you can give me.

many thanks
pauline
Old Jul 6th 2009, 9:09 pm
Forum Regular

CaseBusy is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone know what flats are generally like in Al Ain? I've been told i'm getting a big and spacious 2 bed apartment supplied by a school. Sounds good but you just never know.
Old Jul 7th 2009, 4:08 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by po300
hi

just found my thread at no 91 thought it would be at the beginning but now I know where to look.

Hoping to find out more info about job salaries at al ain university and for nursing. My hubby has telephone interview tomm. What is it like to live in al ain ect.
I am from dundee scotland and would be grateful for any advice you can give me.

many thanks
pauline
Hi Pauline
Can't help with salaries etc, all I will say is that you have to look at the whole package, ie, schooling allowance ( if applicable), housing allowance, travel etc, etc. Al Ain is much smaller and therefore quieter than either Abu Dhabi or Dubai. That said, either of those cities are only just over an hour's drive away. Like anywhere the more effort put into living in Al Ain, the better it will be! We love it! Not sure if you have had the time to trawl through the whole thread, I am sure you will get a good idea of the way things are from it.
Shammy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.