Living in Al Ain

Old Jan 30th 2009, 6:18 am
Just Joined

oivay is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Living in Al Ain

Avoid the American School and Manor Hall. There is a reason that they have available spaces.
Old Jan 30th 2009, 6:25 am
Forum Regular

minetoo is an unknown quantity at this point

You are correct. The Head of Primary is leaving. It was announced in the newsletter on Thursday.
Old Jan 30th 2009, 7:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Amazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond repute

The new C4 at Mezeyad opened yesterday and I have heard good things about it so far. In the future there will be a Marks and Spencer and Toys R Us and I heard possibly a Boots The Chemist so look forward to having a look.
Old Jan 30th 2009, 7:24 am
Forum Regular

Re: Car4. A friend went yesterday and said it was clean, big and well stocked. Rather sad the things we get excited about out here.
Old Jan 30th 2009, 7:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Amazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond repute

Well there you go, a new supermarket is an exciting event in our small little town, Hi T hope you and the family are well, must catch up for a coffee soon
Old Jan 30th 2009, 9:52 am
Just Joined

Shah Shah A Go Go is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sassypilotswife
Hello Shah Shah

Welcome to Al Ain and working for Horizon, We have met Officer Hayat who is over Marketing and a Flight Safety Officer. What will you be doing for them?
My husband is next door, well his company is. He flies for MidEX airlines. Is it just you moving or do you have family in tow ? I found out there is apartments available across the street from our current villa. Very cute. We know a nurse who lives in there. PM me your number and I can follow up for you. We think the rent is somewhere around 70ish ? But if you want, we can find out for you. Also, just PM me your number. I wanted to try to get everyone here in AL Ain together for either lunch or an evening out so we can all meet. Quiz Night at the Rugby Club is my fav thing to do right now, yes i live such an exotic expat life LOL. so if anyone is interested in tomorrow night. It is a good way to get to know everyone and we could all meet early before quiz starts at 8 so Just let me know. Email me at [email protected]
Hi pilots wife! Thanks for your reply... I have PM'd you.
Old Jan 30th 2009, 10:07 am
Account Closed

larnie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Amazing Grace
The new C4 at Mezeyad opened yesterday and I have heard good things about it so far. In the future there will be a Marks and Spencer and Toys R Us and I heard possibly a Boots The Chemist so look forward to having a look.
Crikey AG that all sounds so cool!! M&S in AA wow!!
Old Jan 30th 2009, 10:30 am
Forum Regular

someone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to all

they told me ..till next week

i went today ..greaaaaaaaaaaaaaat supermarket ...
Old Jan 30th 2009, 10:32 am
Forum Regular

Ace Hardware too. AA is moving up in the world!

AG, I have some crazy days lately. DH has been in the hospital to have his appendix taken out. I can highly recommend Al Ain Hospital for that procedure. The doctors were great. Even DH is well satisfied.
Old Jan 30th 2009, 11:22 am
Forum Regular

ozkingy is on a distinguished road

AAESS - yep, head of primary is leaving. We have our kids there but we may be pulling them out and home schooling. We have found that the days are just too long. The kids get 15 mins morning break and 30 mins for lunch/play. Not enough as far as we are concerned (coming from the Australian curriculum). Our 6 year old comes home so worn out and still has at least half an hour of homework to do, poor thing.

Also the amount of work and the way it is presented to the kids is not to our liking. For those who come from Victoria in Australia, you can get the whole primary course mailed to you from the distance education centre from under $500 AUD. Not a bad option if you have the time/inclination to home school. http://www.distance.vic.edu.au/index.html

Haven't heard much about the American school, sorry.

Cheers,

Kingy.

Last edited by ozkingy; Jan 30th 2009 at 11:23 am. Reason: spellin'
Old Jan 30th 2009, 1:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by minetoo
Ace Hardware too. AA is moving up in the world!

AG, I have some crazy days lately. DH has been in the hospital to have his appendix taken out. I can highly recommend Al Ain Hospital for that procedure. The doctors were great. Even DH is well satisfied.
Well of course it is the best hospital in AA as its where my DH works They do have some excellent doctors there and glad to hear your DH is on the road to recovery, good wishes to all of you, C U soon
Old Jan 30th 2009, 2:03 pm
Forum Regular

ozkingy is on a distinguished road

And on the topic of health, can anyone recommend a place to get a vasectomy done? In all seriousness................

Cheers,

Kingy.
Old Jan 30th 2009, 4:24 pm
Forum Regular

Ozkingy, some friends are looking into this. It seems like I remember there is a doctor at Oasis that does this. I will confirm for you and try to find out the doctor's name.

MT
Old Jan 31st 2009, 3:29 am
Is not impressed...

Aikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really nice

We are currently leaning toward placing my 4 year old son in the Chouiefat school. We have our reservations but will go for a look see together. It is considerably cheaper than AAESS and the day is similar. Anyone have some (gasp) positives about a school? The alternative is home schooling with a steady dose of playgroups and athletics or activities.

Can anyone comment on available sports or activities for 4-5 year olds? If we can get him into a few things throught the week school might not be that necessary for a year. Thanks!
Old Jan 31st 2009, 4:49 am
Forum Regular

I only know people with kids in Secondary at Chouiefat. She loved it for her kids.

At AAESS, our experience with Reception are very favorable. It was an all day art and play class. The classes do have a little area off of the classrooms where the children can nap if needed. Have you tried some of the nurseries?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.