Living in Al Ain

Old Jul 9th 2007, 9:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Amazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Living in Al Ain

Good morning or good afternoon in your time. There is no stopping you now, have car will travel. Who am I going to have my cyber coffee morning with now you are with wheels. Thank you for the info, I have just sent them an email as there website deals with mainly Dubai projects so i sent an email to suri so lets see what happens. I can see your point in not wanting to commit to rental but if you decided to change your mind and hubby does get another project it is all about negotiating into your package to include removal costs. Since returning from Malaysia we have all our cargo unopened in their boxes in our garage but hopefully when we get somewhere in Al Ain I will be able to unpack all my beautiful chinese blue porcelain i collected there. It will look gorgeous with white walls and tiled floors. If you get any more info on your travels would you mind sending it to me. Take care on the roads and enjoy your travels. Speak soon
Old Jul 9th 2007, 9:52 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Living in Al Ain

I am so jealous of you two!! at this rate I am going to have to drive up to Al Ain for a coffee!!! Well done Larnie! I sense a complete renewed enthusiasm in your postings.

Old Jul 9th 2007, 10:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Amazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond repute

Hi BB, I dont think AA is going to know what hit it when we three hit the coffee shops (well lets start in the coffee shops, I can smell a gorgeous chilled chardonnay). I to am jealous of the three of them hitting the Italian restaurant in The Hilton last weekend. I am so pleased Larnie has taken the bull by the horn and become mobile, I dont know what I would do without my car so will be the first thing i do when i get to AA is find my way around. Richard has been out with his handheld but cant get TomTom so now he has RichardRichard in his handheld finding and pinpointing places. We must make a date when we are all there together so watch this space
Old Jul 9th 2007, 10:22 am
Account Closed

larnie is an unknown quantity at this point

The coffee here is not great but I am getting used to it. I had a capuccino at Gloria Jeans at Al Ain Mall this morning and it was OK. There is also Starbucks in both Malls and quite a nice cafe upstairs at Al Jimi. My next mission once we have a RV is to get a Liquor Licence as the alcohol in the hotels is hellishly expensive and the range is non existent so I'm looking forward to being able to go into an "Off Licence". Glad you hear you enjoy a "cheeky litle chardonnay" AG as it is one of my favourite pass times.

It's 2.30pm and the temperature is 44 degrees. I'm going to go to the gym and then go down to the pool, do a few laps and then relax and read my book.

Ciao
Old Jul 9th 2007, 10:28 am
BE Forum Addict

jvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond repute

I was down in AA on Friday. Nice place - very few main streets in town so easy(ish) to navigate although all the streets do look the same! The museum was disappointing but the oasis was brilliant. Drove up the mountain (Jabal Hafeet) afterwards. It would be much nicer to climb it on foot but not in July! Picking and eating dates fresh off the palm was amazing too
Old Jul 9th 2007, 10:39 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Good on you JVR! get out and explore the place. The top of Jebel Hafeet is great - if its a clear day.

Ladies I have sent you a PM about alcohol.
Old Jul 9th 2007, 1:08 pm
Just Joined

Nada is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Re: Living in Al Ain

Dear Amazing Grace

Thank you for your response. Yes my husbands work provides accommodation for the first 3 months, but I will be shipping my furniture from Canada,which should arrive a month or two after we arrive, so I wanted to find a place before they arrive! I was wondering if you can give me the phone number for Al Oyoun or/and Al Andalus if you have it, because I have been trying to find it online but have been unsuccesful. I want a nice place to live in and am unsure if the accomadation we will be in for 3 months is even good and clean....

gotta run take my daughter to a playgroup...

thanks bye for now
Old Jul 9th 2007, 1:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nada, I have sent you a PM with some info I have managed to collect, hope it helps.
Old Jul 9th 2007, 2:22 pm
Just Joined

Nada is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Living in Al Ain

Hi..
I am trying to read your PM but it wouldn't let me
It says: BritishExpats Message
The administrator has restricted use of the private message system to members with more than 3 posts.

So what shall I do???

Thanks...
Old Jul 9th 2007, 2:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

You will have to send me another message and then you will be one of the gals

This is what I sent to you in a PM

Hi Nada

The internet is a wonderful thing. I have now got a contact name and address for you of a local realty person or estate agent depends where you are from.

His name is Mr Malik and the name of his company is Asteco, contact number is 050 4492218 and his email address is [email protected]. Cannot find anything contactable for Al Andalus but this guy might have details anyway. Oyoun Village is www.oyounvillage.ae and from there you will get contact details. Keep watching this space between Blue Cat, Larnie and myself we are collecting a fountain of knowledge for Al Ain which needs to be recorded. I might take the job on myself when i get there as I know only too well how scary it can be your first time away from home but what a great time you are going to have. Keep in touch
Old Jul 9th 2007, 2:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by larnie
The coffee here is not great but I am getting used to it. I had a capuccino at Gloria Jeans at Al Ain Mall this morning and it was OK. There is also Starbucks in both Malls and quite a nice cafe upstairs at Al Jimi. My next mission once we have a RV is to get a Liquor Licence as the alcohol in the hotels is hellishly expensive and the range is non existent so I'm looking forward to being able to go into an "Off Licence". Glad you hear you enjoy a "cheeky litle chardonnay" AG as it is one of my favourite pass times.

It's 2.30pm and the temperature is 44 degrees. I'm going to go to the gym and then go down to the pool, do a few laps and then relax and read my book.

Ciao
jeez, wish i had your job.

so does your husband no doubt
Old Jul 9th 2007, 3:13 pm
Account Closed

It was his idea actually. A carrot to get me to agree to come here in the first place. I've worked fulltime for the past 33 years and raised two kids at the same time so I'm enjoying this life of leisure for now. He's earning more than we were earning together back in NZ so it's all good.
Old Jul 9th 2007, 3:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sit back and enjoy it and if you are happy hubby is happy. Just to let you know you may get a call from Richard tonight he has bought two bottles of Chardonnay, dont ask me why coz he doesnt really drink it I think he is just making me jealous sitting by the pool drinking ice cold chardonnay. but I think he has also found beer. CheersMeDears PS it is 17 degrees here in Chester so where's my passport
Old Jul 9th 2007, 3:23 pm
Account Closed

There was another guy at Paco's on Friday night an Aussie called Richard who we all had a couple of drinks with before dinner and he said some guy in the bar had said he would show him where to go to buy liquor. I said pleeeeese show me when you find out so I'm picking they have included your Richard in that invitation. Lucky beggar.

39 degrees here. I'm treating myself to a G&T out of the mini bar. Hellishy expensive but hey a girl needs her early evenig pick me up.

Ciao for now
Old Jul 9th 2007, 3:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yes he mentioned another Richard, I dont know where they went or who he went with he just told me he had bought some Lindemans Chardonnay and to tell Brian he had found beer and was going to ring him so i hope he does. When he was chatting with me on msn he was being mithered by someone from work at his door(he had only got in about 10 minutes before). You enjoy your G&T and I hope you have got ice and a slice too, have one for me. I am off to my youngest daughter's house to stay overnight, I think both my daughters need to build a Nana flat as I was babysitting my other grandson aged 7 who is a scream and now it is my youngest aged nearly 3(23rd) and they live two minutes walk from each other. I love it and I get lots of Nana hugs and of course I have to save Grandad/Nanad's(ask Richard why he has two names)

It has just absolutely chucked it down here in Chester so I hope no-one in Al Ain is moaning about the heat if so send some PLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEAAAAASE!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.