Living in Al Ain

Old Dec 29th 2008, 10:40 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Living in Al Ain

Originally Posted by Kim67
I went to Al Ain for the first time on boxing day and really liked the place (as much as you can in one day). I wouldn't mind spending a bit more time there. I was quite scared driving up the mountain road to Jebl Hafeeet at night to see the view, but a very impressive road. Al Ain seems to have a really nice vibe to it. Anyone know what primary schooling is like there?
ive cycled up there....sore on the legs and arse...
Old Dec 29th 2008, 10:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
ive cycled up there....sore on the legs and arse...
I read that there's a big bike race up the mountain every year..... i''m impressed that you even survived the ride.
Old Dec 29th 2008, 10:50 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

I read that there's a big bike race up the mountain every year..... i''m impressed that you even survived the ride.
there is the spinneys coast to coast ride, from Mirdiff to Al Aqua beach in Fujairah, 180Km..I didnt do it this year but am in training for next years.
Old Dec 29th 2008, 10:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
there is the spinneys coast to coast ride, from Mirdiff to Al Aqua beach in Fujairah, 180Km..I didnt do it this year but am in training for next years.
Good on you - wish I was that motivated, can't even make my way to the compound gym. A friend of ours ran some half marathon or something they have here a few years ago - he got sponsorship and donated the proceeds to a medical cause his family and mine are involved with. Good luck with your training.
Old Dec 29th 2008, 3:27 pm
Forum Regular

sassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of light

I went to Al Ain for the first time on boxing day and really liked the place (as much as you can in one day). I wouldn't mind spending a bit more time there. I was quite scared driving up the mountain road to Jebl Hafeeet at night to see the view, but a very impressive road. Al Ain seems to have a really nice vibe to it. Anyone know what primary schooling is like there?
Greetings all!!!!!! I leave this evening to come back to Al Ain from the states.. while my daughter and son are still asleep and this is my last day with them my heart just tears at leaving and knowing this is probably the last day in my home. We reduced the price of our house by 25,000 usd and will have no problem selling and we are going to rent it out until it does. I have to say though that reading about everyone trying to find housing in al ain and wanting to move there makes me feel good to know I do have a nice villa there and we're very lucky to have housing there. I miss Al Ain and everyone I have met there. When Kim mentioned the road to Jebel Hafeet i was reminded that our bedroom upstairs has a spectacular view of that mountain road at night that is so beautiful and hubby and I love seeing it. I have advised my kids to seek internships outside the US and have the opportunities to learn so much that I was not taught. I look forward to meeting all of you that I didn't get to meet yet. I have had great responses from my CV who was passed around by my good neighbor Dr Hussein who works for the UAE Dept of Ministry/Preventive Medicine and I have a few meetings set up. I am hoping to make a difference in Al Ain's poor prehospital care and emergency response system. What all is everyone doing for NYE ? I am going to try to put something together and if everyone wants to meet somewhere please let me know. I will be flying later this evening which will be early morning the 30th and get back into Dubai on the 30th at 8pm, then have to wait until midnight for my husband's flight to get in. I am sure I will find something to do while waiting on him. So if you all want to get together NYE, just let me know and I will try to arrange something when I get back! I would love to invite everyone to our villa but we still haven't finished furnishing it yet. I am still looking for living room furniture and dining room suite. See you all soon !!!!
Old Dec 29th 2008, 3:46 pm
Just Joined

Erinlee is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for your lovely post.

I wish you everything of the best and a safe and comfortable flight.

If only we could find a job in Al Ain and live there but alas its not to be. Al Ain is a lovely little place, its so green and makes me forget all the busyness of Dubai. I grew up in a tiny town and small towns suit me the best. I really don't enjoy the hectic roads in Dubai.

Maybe one day I will get my way to live in a small town where the roads are quieter and the greenery is all around.

Welcome back to the UAE
Old Dec 30th 2008, 6:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by sassypilotswife
Greetings all!!!!!! I leave this evening to come back to Al Ain from the states.. while my daughter and son are still asleep and this is my last day with them my heart just tears at leaving and knowing this is probably the last day in my home. We reduced the price of our house by 25,000 usd and will have no problem selling and we are going to rent it out until it does. I have to say though that reading about everyone trying to find housing in al ain and wanting to move there makes me feel good to know I do have a nice villa there and we're very lucky to have housing there. I miss Al Ain and everyone I have met there. When Kim mentioned the road to Jebel Hafeet i was reminded that our bedroom upstairs has a spectacular view of that mountain road at night that is so beautiful and hubby and I love seeing it. I have advised my kids to seek internships outside the US and have the opportunities to learn so much that I was not taught. I look forward to meeting all of you that I didn't get to meet yet. I have had great responses from my CV who was passed around by my good neighbor Dr Hussein who works for the UAE Dept of Ministry/Preventive Medicine and I have a few meetings set up. I am hoping to make a difference in Al Ain's poor prehospital care and emergency response system. What all is everyone doing for NYE ? I am going to try to put something together and if everyone wants to meet somewhere please let me know. I will be flying later this evening which will be early morning the 30th and get back into Dubai on the 30th at 8pm, then have to wait until midnight for my husband's flight to get in. I am sure I will find something to do while waiting on him. So if you all want to get together NYE, just let me know and I will try to arrange something when I get back! I would love to invite everyone to our villa but we still haven't finished furnishing it yet. I am still looking for living room furniture and dining room suite. See you all soon !!!!
Have a safe journey back and maybe we'll see you out at Al Ain one day - I plan to go for longer than a day trip next time.
Old Dec 30th 2008, 6:10 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Have a safe journey back and maybe we'll see you out at Al Ain one day - I plan to go for longer than a day trip next time.
we go there regularly, stay at the Hilton, we should arrange a BE meet up next time I go
Old Dec 30th 2008, 7:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
we go there regularly, stay at the Hilton, we should arrange a BE meet up next time I go
Sounds good to me.
Old Dec 30th 2008, 7:20 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds good to me.
I will PM you the next time we are going
Old Dec 30th 2008, 8:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
I will PM you the next time we are going
Cool...thanks for that.
Old Dec 30th 2008, 6:25 pm
Forum Regular

someone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to all

helloooooooooooooooo

has been a while !! hope everybody is doing fine

i am a bit sick ...flue is driving me nuts , and being super busy at the university..it's just heaps of things to do ...

just wanted to wish to everyone a hppy new year ..may all your wishes comes true

Old Dec 30th 2008, 6:38 pm
Just Joined

usmahere is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there everyone,
Great reading the info on this forum, nice to see so many people helping each other out! I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction regarding getting a maid. We ideally need someone full time, and I have heard that the agencies are unreliable!!

Please help, we have 3 young children and a house too big to keep clean

Thankyou!
Old Dec 30th 2008, 7:12 pm
Just Joined

loolilu is an unknown quantity at this point

does ay one know anything about abu dhabi university in al ain.my son wants to study there if we move to al ain next year. i was also wondering if he will be bored in al ain or are there activities he can join.
this forum has helped me a lot because i couldnt find much info about al ain on the net.
happy new year to everyone.
Old Dec 31st 2008, 7:07 am
Just Joined

loolilu is an unknown quantity at this point

i visited al ain before and i know it is a pretty little thing but i got a feeling that it is more suitable to a family with little kids.my children are aged (13 girl) and boy(16) and i think that there isnt any thing interesting for them to do.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.