Living in Al Ain

Old Mar 29th 2012, 4:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really nice
Default Re: Living in Al Ain

Originally Posted by maryleighton
hi guys my name is mary im moving to Al Ain in a few weeks im looking for some furniture any ideas ...... i think i will only be out there for 2/3 years and did'nt want to buy new any ideas would be grateful x
Hi Mary
welcome to the thread and to Al Ain when you get here.
You are arriving at the right time, there are lots of people leaving at the end of the academic year and they are starting to downsize soon, so keep an eye out on the noticeboards at Abela, also join the google news group NIALA News and you should find lots available.
Old Mar 29th 2012, 4:50 pm
Just Joined

maryleighton is an unknown quantity at this point

thanx for your fast response i shall log on to google now i have a villa in al-oyoun village. hope its nice there, just no furniture x
Old Mar 29th 2012, 6:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

flood2 will become famous soon enoughflood2 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by maryleighton
hi guys my name is mary im moving to Al Ain in a few weeks im looking for some furniture any ideas ...... i think i will only be out there for 2/3 years and did'nt want to buy new any ideas would be grateful x
Hi,
I am heading home in 2 weeks, after 11 months here, and have nice Ikea reclining chair, oven, computer desk and Ikea sofa bed going cheap!

I have sold everything else on alain expats new classified ads. No need to buy new. Lots of people leaving, not just teachers.

Good luck, and bring a book or two
Old Mar 30th 2012, 10:13 am
Just Joined

maryleighton is an unknown quantity at this point

hi flood2. thanx very much for yr fast reply we have a oven i think my husband is already there but the other things soung good . my hubby is in al-oyoun village are you close to that . if so i will give you his phone no and you can call him, when you say home were is that x
Old Mar 30th 2012, 11:23 am
BE Enthusiast

I am heading back to uk. I will send a pm with my email. If you email me i will send map and contact details
Old Apr 15th 2012, 8:57 pm
Just Joined

samoura78 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by flood2
Hi,
I am heading home in 2 weeks, after 11 months here, and have nice Ikea reclining chair, oven, computer desk and Ikea sofa bed going cheap!

I have sold everything else on alain expats new classified ads. No need to buy new. Lots of people leaving, not just teachers.

Good luck, and bring a book or two

Hi Flood2, I'm considering a move to Al Ain in September and will be leaving a rather hectic, fast-paced lifestyle. I've noticed that you've mentioned on more than one occasion that there is little to do there....is there not much of a social life in Al Ain? I work as a fitness instructor here and am used to teaching busy classes every morning and every evening....I'm not sure what to expect now!

Any advice or insight you can give me would be invaluable.
Old Apr 17th 2012, 5:46 pm
Just Joined

mrsSAFC is an unknown quantity at this point

also interested in this as moving to Ali Ain very soon.....
Old Apr 18th 2012, 10:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by samoura78
Hi Flood2, I'm considering a move to Al Ain in September and will be leaving a rather hectic, fast-paced lifestyle. I've noticed that you've mentioned on more than one occasion that there is little to do there....is there not much of a social life in Al Ain? I work as a fitness instructor here and am used to teaching busy classes every morning and every evening....I'm not sure what to expect now!

It is probably like Doha without the beach. I hear Doha is a shit hole, but at least it has a beach!

There are two mid sized malls(probably not in the best 10 in the UAE), three hotels with pools/bars. I can't think of much else to do. If you stayed in Dubai or Abu Dhabi, you could see all you need to see in Al Ain in a day, including the 3 hrs travel time.

I am not sure of you are single or with family. For a single, western expat as I am , (IMHO) it is just dreadful. It has the smallest western expat contingent in the UAE, and there is nothing to do. Good lock
Old Apr 20th 2012, 2:30 pm
Just Joined

brumdoc is an unknown quantity at this point

For those of you who need transport prior to getting your own car, I can recommend Syed 0557473501. He has been very helpful on my trips to Dubai and AD. It was also very useful when I had to pick my family up from Dubai airport.
Old Apr 20th 2012, 2:57 pm
Just Joined

mortiferum is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello to everyone in Al Ain!

New British Expat working here in Al Ain.

A few quick questions.

1. Is there anywhere in Al Ain that sells dairy free chocolate? We have tried a few of the supermarkets such as LuLu's, Carrefour and MegaMart but have been unable to find any.

2. Is there anywhere that teaches Taekwondo - we have located "Al Ainawi" in the town centre along Zayed Bin Sultant St - are there any others suitable for children?

3. Is there anywhere (other than House of Arts) that teaches dancing (Ballet, Modern, Tap and Jazz) for children?

Many thanks

Morty

Last edited by mortiferum; Apr 20th 2012 at 4:24 pm.
Old Apr 20th 2012, 3:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

^ Am I the only one who thinks a wee bit more editing might be prudent in the above posting?What the hell is 'diary free' chocolate? No dates?
Old May 6th 2012, 1:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really nice
Default Ladies' coffee morning

Our regular Tuesday morning ladies coffee morning has moved to Costa Coffee, Al Ain Mall. From 10.00am thru to 11.30am. All ladies welcome.
Old May 8th 2012, 3:33 pm
Forum Regular

Holking is just really niceHolking is just really niceHolking is just really niceHolking is just really niceHolking is just really niceHolking is just really niceHolking is just really niceHolking is just really nice

Originally Posted by samoura78

Hi,
There are 3 hotels which offer a variety of fitness classes.
Al Ain is not to everyone's taste but I love it. I have been here 4 years now and prefer it to Al Ain or Abu Dhabi.
Wadi adventure has opened which offers watersports... haven't tried it yet but hope to soon.
Old May 17th 2012, 3:05 pm
Just Joined

Naaz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: HELP Living in Al Ain!!

Hi Everyone, I am really interested to get some advice of anyone who has moved to UAE especially Al Ain. I have been offered a job - the salary is lower to what i am getting now in UK. I do have a lot of add on's: housing allowance; education; annual air ticket and relocation costs. I want to know what the Al Masoudi area is like especially as I have 3 young children under 5! Are the doctors close by; schools; any nurseries - what are their costs?; shopping (i.e. can i get pampers nappies) - me and my husband are just afraid to uproot everything here in UK to a desert. Please someone advice and help. Thanks

Old May 18th 2012, 3:33 am
Forum Regular

GV-Austin is an unknown quantity at this point

Okay, I know I'm jumping into the abyss here, but we love it in Al Ain. If you like cities and city life, maybe Al Ain isn't the place for you. But we like it here on the edge of the desert. It's an easy 90 minute ride to the malls and tourist sights of Dubai if we want to get away for the day or the weekend.

I guess what we like here the most are the people. We've been able to make friends with some of the locals who are very hospitable. They are from a Bedouin background, so hospitality is their thing. They've invited us on outings to the desert and to their homes. These relationships have made our lives here interesting and varied.

One other thing we like is the English speaking church that meets each Friday at the Oasis Hospital compound. We've met a bunch of good friends there as newbies. There is also an Anglican church that meets at the same time in Al Foah and a Catholic church too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.