Living in Al Ain

Old Jul 13th 2011, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

kiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud of
Default Re: Living in Al Ain

Originally Posted by freeak656
Hello all and what a great forum this is.

I've been offered employment in Al Ain and have heard that families are being forced to live in hotels for protracted periods of time due to shortage of suitable rental property. Is this actually the case or are their other circumstances for this? If so what sort of monthly hotel fee's are we looking at?

Are there any short notice monthly rental contracts or is everything based on an up front 12 month rental fee?

What is the availabilty/feasibility of lodging with someone for the first few months prior to moving my family out at Christmas time?

I've an 8 year old daughter and will be looking to get her into school around January time, are there any waiting lists for the schools in the area (English Curriculum)?

Any help and advice will be much appreciated.
The rental situation in Al Ain was dire 12 months ago but things have changed in recent months as many contracts, especially in the education sector have not been renewed, thus freeing up multiple options. You should not have any trouble finding suitable accommodation for your family. Rentals vary based on the type of accommodation you require but you can definitely negotiate with agents and landlords for more attractive payment options such as 4 cheques! There are a number of web groups and sites which you should join/investigate to learn more about Al Ain and hence be more informed prior to your move. As I understand it the most popular school for western expat children is AAESS. You should visit their website and make contact ASAP.

If you advertise on any of these forums you should be able to find someone willing to rent you a room in their villa for a period whilst you are here on your own and finding a permanent home for your family.

Most hotels and short term apartments are running at around 12-15K per month.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/alainexpats/
http://groups.google.com/group/nialanews
http://www.expatwoman.com/
http://alainexpat.com/home.html

Good luck with your transition to Al Ain.
Old Jul 14th 2011, 7:22 am
Forum Regular

someone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to all

Originally Posted by kiwigirlinalain
The rental situation in Al Ain was dire 12 months ago but things have changed in recent months as many contracts, especially in the education sector have not been renewed, thus freeing up multiple options. You should not have any trouble finding suitable accommodation for your family. Rentals vary based on the type of accommodation you require but you can definitely negotiate with agents and landlords for more attractive payment options such as 4 cheques! There are a number of web groups and sites which you should join/investigate to learn more about Al Ain and hence be more informed prior to your move. As I understand it the most popular school for western expat children is AAESS. You should visit their website and make contact ASAP.

If you advertise on any of these forums you should be able to find someone willing to rent you a room in their villa for a period whilst you are here on your own and finding a permanent home for your family.

Most hotels and short term apartments are running at around 12-15K per month.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/alainexpats/
http://groups.google.com/group/nialanews
http://www.expatwoman.com/
http://alainexpat.com/home.html

Good luck with your transition to Al Ain.

Thanks

The Al Ain English speaking schools is one of the best schools in Al Ain , and as she said , mostly the western join it, as it has a high standard education.

This is their website : http://www.aaess.com/

i think they are in holiday now as 13/7/2011 was the last day for schools and they should be back by august but not sure when.

for the rents , some schools and universities do have agreements with some compounds in al ain , so you can check that first ( two bedroom , three bed room etc etc )

the far you want to be from town the cheap you will get . for example

you can have a a new house of two bedroom , living room in al jimi district for 65 or 70 dirhams a year .

if you go to Al maqam district , you can find the same as the above for 55 dirhams a year.

it depends where you want to be .

we in the university , took three blocks in al hili district ( the new buildings ) and we are okay with the price and the academic staff are happy with it so far.

when you will be here , i can send you a list of some brokers and companies they have houses for rent , you can check with them .

all the best.
Old Aug 7th 2011, 10:59 am
Just Joined

bluedevil34 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Can anyone please recommned a Female OBGYN in Al Ain?

Hello,

My wife will be joining me in Al Ain shortly and is looking for a top notch female gynecologist.

We are looking for someone who is western-trained and highly regarded, and operates in a place with good facilities - private room, access for husband, and excellent nursing care.

We have DAMAN insurance.

Any feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Old Aug 7th 2011, 12:07 pm
Forum Regular

kiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud ofkiwigirlinalain has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by bluedevil34
Hello,

My wife will be joining me in Al Ain shortly and is looking for a top notch female gynecologist.

We are looking for someone who is western-trained and highly regarded, and operates in a place with good facilities - private room, access for husband, and excellent nursing care.

We have DAMAN insurance.

I would advise going to Dubai. The Dubai London Clinic at Festival City are fantastic. Very western with all the mod cons which you will not find in Al Ain.
Old Aug 7th 2011, 1:10 pm
Just Joined

bluedevil34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kiwigirlinalain
I would advise going to Dubai. The Dubai London Clinic at Festival City are fantastic. Very western with all the mod cons which you will not find in Al Ain.
Thanks kiwigirlinain. Dubai sounds fine for pre-natal care. However, for labor and delivery, driving to Dubai may not be an option. Any labor and delivery clinic you would recommend? Thanks again.
Old Aug 7th 2011, 2:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really nice

Thanks kiwigirlinain. Dubai sounds fine for pre-natal care. However, for labor and delivery, driving to Dubai may not be an option. Any labor and delivery clinic you would recommend? Thanks again.
I
Trythe new cromwell hospital, not open 100% yet but their head midwife is an amazing american lady.
Old Aug 11th 2011, 4:06 am
Forum Regular

redheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bluelionesse
I
Trythe new cromwell hospital, not open 100% yet but their head midwife is an amazing american lady.

as with anything of this nature be careful and research fully, this hospital as with many others that are privately owned are of course driven by the bottom line. the head midwife might be of the highest standard but l can assure you the one's on the wards are not.
Old Aug 14th 2011, 6:54 pm
Forum Regular

UkMum is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

We have DAMAN insurance.

Hi,
The OB/GYN in Jimi (Al Ain Hospital) is really great. The delivery suite has been refurbished and is lovely. I really like Dr Dora.
Old Aug 14th 2011, 6:55 pm
Forum Regular

UkMum is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Nialanews - what's happening?

Hi,
Does anyone know what is happening with Nialanews?
There doesn't seem to be any new stuff being posted. I hope it isn't finished as I love it.
Old Aug 15th 2011, 6:35 pm
Just Joined

wilsonc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nialanews - what's happening?

Originally Posted by UkMum
Hi,
Does anyone know what is happening with Nialanews?
There doesn't seem to be any new stuff being posted. I hope it isn't finished as I love it.
Looks OK tonight. Maybe they were on holiday
Old Aug 26th 2011, 6:10 pm
Just Joined

sue02 is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone know anything about the new Smart Step Nursery near Tawam Hospital?
Thanks
Old Sep 2nd 2011, 2:13 pm
Just Joined

missyuae is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Schools in Al Ain

The new Al Ain International School is located between the Hilton Hotel and Al Ain Mall.

Al Ain English Speaking School (AAESS) is located on what is known as 'Schools Road' as there are a number of schools on it. It is therefore very congested during morning drop-off and afternoon pick up.

Both schools are English National curriculum. The latter is new this year, but has an excellent reputation in Abu Dhabi. AAESS has a good reputation for its primary school in particular. Not so sure about the secondary school.
Old Sep 2nd 2011, 8:19 pm
Just Joined

Lycantroph is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by docbob
hey everybody..i'm new to this forum but i have been reviewing it for the past 3 months now.I am planning to make the moveto Alain;probably by coming October.

I am a doctor and will be joining Tawam hospital.I was hoping to get to know anyone who is working there and how is the work environment there..thanks everybody.
Hi docbob,
Very interesting to read your post. Same here! I will join Tawam as a doctor in a couple of weeks and would be very interested to know if you made it to AlAin and if so, how do you feel after one year?
Greetings from Germany.
Old Sep 2nd 2011, 8:30 pm
Just Joined

Lycantroph is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by redheart
Hi Docbob
hope you know what you are getting youself in for and have done your research on Tawam Hospital and its problems. Have you been able to talk to first hand the managers at the coalface so to speak? It would be far to say that moral amoung the western staff would be at an all time low.
I hope you are not one to impliment fresh or new ideas because you will be quickly hounded down by the lazy status quo.
4 years i have walked those halls.
Hello redheart
your post is very interesting and doesn't sound too optimistic. I would be very happy to get to know your "inside view" as I am in exactly the same situation as docbob...thanks.
Old Sep 3rd 2011, 3:21 pm
Just Joined

docbob is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sue02
Does anyone know anything about the new Smart Step Nursery near Tawam Hospital?
Thanks
Yeah..i have visited them a couple of weeks back..they had like a (soft)opening during whole ramadan.They seem decent,place new and very clean but didn't have time to check all of it..Needs a longer 2nd visit.They have an application form/fees schedule/buses ready for your questions.

Great option for us as we live nearby..hope this is helpfulcheers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.