Living in Al Ain

Old Apr 11th 2010, 9:25 am
Just Joined

gerpols is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Living in Al Ain

Moving to Al Ain the end of this month.
Anyone with some good advice where to buy a new or used notebook ?
Things to be aware of, or be carefull with !!
Any advice welcome, thanks.

Gary
Old Apr 14th 2010, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

shammy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gfrafters
Hi, I am looking for a part time maid - can anybody help with information on how to get one or does anybody know of a maid available ? I am also looking for a handyman who can put up some fence panels and various other small jobs, any help or advice would be most appreciated. Thanks
Am In Australia at the moment, but will give you the number of a fantastic handyman when I get back on the weekend.....
Old Apr 14th 2010, 8:41 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by gerpols
Moving to Al Ain the end of this month.
Anyone with some good advice where to buy a new or used notebook ?
Things to be aware of, or be carefull with !!
Any advice welcome, thanks.

Gary
You will find most of the advice on this site - takes a while to read though!!
Old Apr 14th 2010, 5:57 pm
Just Joined

rbkent is an unknown quantity at this point

I have small group of guys (10) coming with me to Al Ain to work in the aviation industry. We are looking for 1 and 2 bedroom apartments as well as a villa for 3 to 4 of the guys. I'm doing a little research in finding what the average cost of the apartments as well as a villa would cost. They will need to be completely furnished to include utilities. I have lived in Abu Dhabi for several years back in 1996. My wife and I loved it. We still have lots of friends in Abu Dhabi as well as Dubai and they are also helping. If you have a e-mail address of somebody that can help please post it. If you have any do's as well as don't please post them

Thanks
Rusty
Old Apr 14th 2010, 6:03 pm
Just Joined

rbkent is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by calum.ewing
Hi there,

I've got a few villas and apartments for rent all over Al Ain, if anyone needs help then contact me on 050-7003769.

Regards,
Calum
Calum, my name is Rusty I will have 10 guys and myself coming to Al Ain in Sept I'm looking for single furnished apartments or a few villas or a mix of both. my e-mail is [email protected]

Rusty
Old Apr 15th 2010, 2:29 pm
Forum Regular

cheeznleez is an unknown quantity at this point

Can anyone tell me if the MagicJack works over there? Just wondering if we should buy one before moving over.
Old Apr 16th 2010, 1:04 pm
Forum Regular

sassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by rbkent
I have small group of guys (10) coming with me to Al Ain to work in the aviation industry. We are looking for 1 and 2 bedroom apartments as well as a villa for 3 to 4 of the guys. I'm doing a little research in finding what the average cost of the apartments as well as a villa would cost. They will need to be completely furnished to include utilities. I have lived in Abu Dhabi for several years back in 1996. My wife and I loved it. We still have lots of friends in Abu Dhabi as well as Dubai and they are also helping. If you have a e-mail address of somebody that can help please post it. If you have any do's as well as don't please post them

Thanks
Rusty
Hi Rusty, I have emailed you. My husband is an airline pilot here and I am in real estate. We look forward to having you guys here !
Old Apr 16th 2010, 1:08 pm
Forum Regular

sassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by cheeznleez
Can anyone tell me if the MagicJack works over there? Just wondering if we should buy one before moving over.
Hi Lisa :0)

We are able to use our magic jack but only when we have hotspot shield on. Mike has hotspot on memory stick and can put it on K's computer if he doesn't have it already. We even have an extra magic jack if you want it.
Old Apr 16th 2010, 1:55 pm
Forum Regular

cheeznleez is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sassypilotswife
Hi Lisa :0)

We are able to use our magic jack but only when we have hotspot shield on. Mike has hotspot on memory stick and can put it on K's computer if he doesn't have it already. We even have an extra magic jack if you want it.
Thanks Melanie! I'll get one then!!! I think we've already got hotspot on our computer.....
Old Apr 17th 2010, 9:00 am
Just Joined

Herri is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Al Ain school fees update

My in-laws want to move to Al Ain from Sharjah and are wondering about school fees. Their kids are in years 6, 4, and lower 2. Any information on recent ballpark school fees much appreciated, especially for AAESS, Manor Hall,
ADEC, American School, Canadian School, Dhafra...

Many thanks!
Old Apr 17th 2010, 7:06 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: Al Ain school fees update

Originally Posted by Herri
My in-laws want to move to Al Ain from Sharjah and are wondering about school fees. Their kids are in years 6, 4, and lower 2. Any information on recent ballpark school fees much appreciated, especially for AAESS, Manor Hall,
ADEC, American School, Canadian School, Dhafra...

Many thanks!
My boys are 7 and 9 and from memory their school fees at AAESS are about 26 K and 29 K respectively - may be slightly off but will give you a ball park figure!
Cheers
Shammy
Old Apr 17th 2010, 7:08 pm
Forum Regular

Tuesday coffee morning at top of escalator at Jimi Mall = Either Mug and Bean or Coffee Bean and tea leaf! 10 AM! See you there!!!!
Shammy
Old Apr 18th 2010, 4:46 am
Just Joined

Herri is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Al Ain school fees update

Originally Posted by shammy
My boys are 7 and 9 and from memory their school fees at AAESS are about 26 K and 29 K respectively - may be slightly off but will give you a ball park figure!
Cheers
Shammy
Thanks Shammy! AAESS is at the top end of fees in Al-Ain, is it?
H.
Old Apr 18th 2010, 8:08 am
Just Joined

gfrafters is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shammy
Am In Australia at the moment, but will give you the number of a fantastic handyman when I get back on the weekend.....
thanks
Old Apr 18th 2010, 8:57 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by gfrafters
thanks
Name is Saeed, They do plumbing, electrical, maintenance, handy man, washing machine & refrigeration repair - pretty much anything you want! Have had them at home without my husband there and they are great. Bring their own tools, go out to buy anything they don't have, and leave the place in good clean condition. They even arrive when they say, and call 5 min before to warn you- an amazing thing in Al Ain! 050 793 4652

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.