Living in Al Ain

Old Aug 10th 2007, 6:44 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Living in Al Ain

Originally Posted by web-kitten
Seems the Oyoun village is full but apparently they'll be building a second phase at some point.

Dh says he wouldn't mind the commute, for a month or so he did Dubai-Abu Dhabi... but we'll see. Also, I need to see what the actual drive is like. If he has to dice death on a regular basis it just wouldn't be worth it obviously.
the drive is very straight forward from Dubai and hardly any traffic, not sure what it is like from Abu Dhabi though
Old Aug 10th 2007, 10:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Amazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone know for sure if there are quite a few compound style villas in Al Ain please
Old Aug 14th 2007, 12:14 pm
Just Joined

changeringer is an unknown quantity at this point

I didn't hear of any compounds when i was looking around earlier this month Oh, Grace, I did hit Pacos and met up with hubby - so thanks for that. My e-mail has been down since then so couldn't thank you before that. My wife is now due out Sept. 16th and would be pleased to meet up with friendly faces in Al Ain
Old Aug 14th 2007, 12:33 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by changeringer
I didn't hear of any compounds when i was looking around earlier this month Oh, Grace, I did hit Pacos and met up with hubby - so thanks for that. My e-mail has been down since then so couldn't thank you before that. My wife is now due out Sept. 16th and would be pleased to meet up with friendly faces in Al Ain
I think we might be coming up next week so if I do I will give you a shout!
Old Aug 14th 2007, 3:50 pm
Just Joined

If anyone wants a really cheap room for the night, there is the Ain Al Fayda Guest House where I am staying at the moment. It will be closing towards the end of this year for redevelopment so is a bit run down but the beds are clean and it's usually very quiet (unless there's a family with young kids staying). You can get a room for about 130. it's a bit far out of town but right under Jebel Hafeet and it has lovely parks and walkways
Old Aug 14th 2007, 3:54 pm
Concierge

that's really cheap! we are going to stay at the Rotana, it is on offer at 300 at the minute, the Hilton was on offer but when I checked last week it was back up to 700 for some reason!
Old Aug 15th 2007, 4:27 am
Just Joined

Well, The Ain Al Fayda certainly isn't "Hilton standard" but it is cheap and quiet. Also, don't forget there is the Green Muazzarah area where you can get a chalet by the hot springs for around 300 (depending on the day of the week and the season).
Old Aug 15th 2007, 3:28 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by changeringer
Well, The Ain Al Fayda certainly isn't "Hilton standard" but it is cheap and quiet. Also, don't forget there is the Green Muazzarah area where you can get a chalet by the hot springs for around 300 (depending on the day of the week and the season).
tell more, we got a three year old who is addicted to the slide at the hilton but we could go there for the day!
Old Aug 20th 2007, 7:11 am
Forum Regular

Aussieoverseas has a brilliant futureAussieoverseas has a brilliant futureAussieoverseas has a brilliant futureAussieoverseas has a brilliant futureAussieoverseas has a brilliant futureAussieoverseas has a brilliant future

Hello again all you lovely people in and around Al Ain. We arrived in Abu Dhabi last Friday night and have spent the week here in anticipation of our accommodation in Al Ain being ready for us by last weekend - unfortunately that is not the case and I am told we will be there Saturday to move into to our apartment. I have no idea where it is! My husband has been travelling by minibus with his colleagues up there this week to school and preparation for the beginning of the new school year. He will be working at Sultan Bin Zayed HS on a School Improvement Project. I am looking forward to catching up once I have found my feet. I must say living in the hotel in Abu Dhabi is getting pretty boring - I am now into my 10th day! I will need resuscitation soon!
Old Aug 21st 2007, 4:56 pm
Just Joined

lucky13 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi. I live in Al Ain. I'm not new to this city, but I'm always looking for new frienships. I'm 33, married and love dogs. So, ladies, if you are interested in having a coffee and chat, please contact me.
Old Aug 21st 2007, 5:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Amazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lucky13
Hi. I live in Al Ain. I'm not new to this city, but I'm always looking for new frienships. I'm 33, married and love dogs. So, ladies, if you are interested in having a coffee and chat, please contact me.
Hi Lucky13, good to hear from you. Obviously lots of questions, I havent actually arrived there yet but I hope it wont be too long until I do. How long have you lived there, are you there with your husband or are you a longterm resident. My husband has been working at Al Ain Hospital since 1st July and as an avid web surfer it is very difficult to find any websites in Al Ain. I am particularly interested in finding websites for accommodation and to see pictures of villas, apartment blocks etc. Personally I would like a compound environment as my husband may do some travelling. Anyway enough of my rantings. Please tell us a bit about yourself as we ladies are always keen to read more about this lovely place.

Grace xx
Old Aug 21st 2007, 5:30 pm
Just Joined

lucky13 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Amazing Grace
Hi Lucky13, good to hear from you. Obviously lots of questions, I havent actually arrived there yet but I hope it wont be too long until I do. How long have you lived there, are you there with your husband or are you a longterm resident. My husband has been working at Al Ain Hospital since 1st July and as an avid web surfer it is very difficult to find any websites in Al Ain. I am particularly interested in finding websites for accommodation and to see pictures of villas, apartment blocks etc. Personally I would like a compound environment as my husband may do some travelling. Anyway enough of my rantings. Please tell us a bit about yourself as we ladies are always keen to read more about this lovely place.

Grace xx
Hi Amazing Grace. Hope to see you in Al Ain soon. We just moved to another villa, but it took forever to find the right one, since we have 3 dogs and they need a backyard to run around. I haven't found a website with pictures of villas. I found a real estate agent in the Gulf News,you can try their website under Classifieds Abu Dhabi/Al Ain. Good lucky13 with finding the right one for you.
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 4:34 am
Account Closed

larnie is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi lucky13

I am living in Al Ai also having been here 3 months now. We are living at the Intercon having decided it is easier than setting up house as we hope to move on somewhere else once the project is finished. I absolutely love dogs but will probobly not have another one until we retire and settle down somewhere. W had a beautiful Golden Lab for 14 years and she passed away 18 months ago. I met another expat the other day who has a Saluki which I am really lookng forward to meeting. I'm keen for a coffee and a chat any time.
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 4:35 am
Account Closed

Hi lucky13

I am living in Al Ai also having been here 3 months now. We are living at the Intercon having decided it is easier than setting up house as we hope to move on somewhere else once the project is finished. I absolutely love dogs but will probobly not have another one until we retire and settle down somewhere. W had a beautiful Golden Lab for 14 years and she passed away 18 months ago. I met another expat the other day who has a Saluki which I am really lookng forward to meeting. I'm keen for a coffee and a chat any time.
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 4:36 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by larnie
Hi lucky13

Oops!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.