Living in Al Ain

Old Aug 2nd 2009, 3:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Amazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Living in Al Ain

Originally Posted by irelandcalling
Hi

Heading over in 13 days. Thinking we will need a car fairly soon. Do we need to put down a deposit on purchasing car. what are the interest rates on car loans...

thanks
You cannot buy a car until you have your residency so first step to take is probably rent for a short period, there is Avis and Eurocar and lots of local ones.
Old Aug 2nd 2009, 5:10 pm
Just Joined

Mand33 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi again

I would be grateful if someone could recommend a good chiropractor? Thanks
Old Aug 2nd 2009, 5:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Amazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond repute

I am sure there may be one here but I can recommend an excellent sports masseuse at the Hiltonia she is excellent and gets great results.
Old Aug 2nd 2009, 5:49 pm
Forum Regular

aberdeensiregirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Amazing Grace
I am sure there may be one here but I can recommend an excellent sports masseuse at the Hiltonia she is excellent and gets great results.
I will agree with that. She fairly knows her stuff and has worked wonders on a shoulder injury that i have.
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 8:25 am
Forum Regular

someone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to allsomeone in al ain is a name known to all

You cannot buy a car until you have your residency so first step to take is probably rent for a short period, there is Avis and Eurocar and lots of local ones.

sharjah islamic bank the intrest is 3.99 %

dubai islamic bank is 4.9 or 4.3 i am no sure

those would be the best one.

for renting you would be having a nissan tida 2008 or 2009 for 90 or 85 dirhams a day

toyota corrola 2009 about 100 per day

if you will be having it for month the prices will be little less

Good luck
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 8:39 am
BE Enthusiast

I would recommend something a bit bigger and sturdier than a Tilda. My husband rents a Nissan Altima for a very good deal with Eurocar. I can give you the lady's name who is excellent, very helpful and keeps in touch at all times if needed for any assistance. A Tilda is okay for an around town car in my opinion but I would never feel confident driving to Dubai or Abu Dhabi with the huge beasts which drive down the motorways with not a lot of thought for other cars on the road at times.
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 12:46 pm
Is not impressed...

Aikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really nice

I would recommend something a bit bigger and sturdier than a Tilda. My husband rents a Nissan Altima for a very good deal with Eurocar. I can give you the lady's name who is excellent, very helpful and keeps in touch at all times if needed for any assistance. A Tilda is okay for an around town car in my opinion but I would never feel confident driving to Dubai or Abu Dhabi with the huge beasts which drive down the motorways with not a lot of thought for other cars on the road at times.
I second this reccomendation. You can go cheaper with smaller companies but who knows how that'll turn out. I don't know the lady's name either but they do a good job there which is why we haven't switched.
Old Aug 4th 2009, 4:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Bluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really nice

ID Cards
If any of you need to get yours, now is a great time to do it.

I went down to the EIDA (which is behind the central post office) today at 7.25am, and was finished and out before 7.45am. There was nobody there except the staff - no queues in either the male or female waiting rooms!
Old Aug 4th 2009, 12:27 pm
Just Joined

irelandcalling is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

I need a new mobile phone. Would it be better to buy one and bring it with me or buy a new one over in al ain. thanks in advance.
Old Aug 4th 2009, 1:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really nice

Was just looking at phones with my son today! All our phones came from the UK, having unlocked them before we came here. Going to buy a new one for my son from Carrefour, he likes the Nokia 3120 which is about 425DHS. He also looked at the 3110 (197dhs) and 2630 (265dhs i think). These are apparently ready just to put your etisalat sim card in.

Hope this helps
M
Old Aug 4th 2009, 6:43 pm
Just Joined

po300 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Aikman7981
Sorry, I don't think that is enough for anymore than one person. Accomodation runs annually or bi-annually and there will be nothing for less than 5000 monthly if even then. Life is VERY expensive here. By the time you've paid for health ins for the extra 2 and a car there won't be much left. Nursery fees also tend to be quite expensive although I'm at a loss for numbers. Cost of living here is probably similar to the most expensive city you can think of, in my case it's Honolulu. If health and accomodation were good for all of you it might work. Maybe someone else will have a sunnier outlook. Best of luck!
Hi there

Thanks for getting back to me, we didn't think it was much we are waiting to see if package is renogotiable but think it would have to be much more to accept. I'm a nurse but wasn't going to work straight away which would help with extra money.

we shall wait and see what happens.

thanks pauline
Old Aug 4th 2009, 10:45 pm
Just Joined

irelandcalling is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bluelionesse
Was just looking at phones with my son today! All our phones came from the UK, having unlocked them before we came here. Going to buy a new one for my son from Carrefour, he likes the Nokia 3120 which is about 425DHS. He also looked at the 3110 (197dhs) and 2630 (265dhs i think). These are apparently ready just to put your etisalat sim card in.

Hope this helps
M
Thats Great thanks will wait til i get there.
Old Aug 5th 2009, 2:00 am
Forum Regular

Cochraf is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the volunteer info. And yes I would like your name to be in touch regarding the pet rescue.

We are right now having a bit of an issue regarding bringing our dog as we were under the impression that it would not be a problem but have now been told it is totally up to the landlord.

Do you know of any people who have dogs in apts in Al Ain?
Old Aug 5th 2009, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

Becci_Neil is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi ppl.

Not posted for ages, been very busy getting married lol. Just had a read though catching up on posts I've missed and got loads more fab advice.

Lawyer girl - defo coming to Yoga and arabic lessons with you.

Just got our e-tickets this week - busy now packing and storing and selling the last bits of our stuff before we come over. (also just booked a short honeymoon in Crete next week) cant wait to have ABSOLUTELY nothing to do for a week - although it only gives us 2 days when we get back before moving to Al Ain. (I'l worry about that when i happens tho)

No more questions at the min but sure as the panick sets in I'l be back in touch. Can't wait to meet everyone out there.

the finally MRS bex lol
Old Aug 5th 2009, 4:38 pm
Just Joined

brendon2001ad is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi folks,

Now down to my last 19 days in the UK (yes i'm counting) and I'm trying to find the cheapest way to keep in touch. I've heard rumours that Skype is blocked so is it possible to use Skype or can anyone offer a reasonable alternative?

Brendon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.