Living in Al Ain

Old Dec 19th 2011, 8:10 pm
Just Joined

joancasey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Living in Al Ain

Originally Posted by yorkshirebird
My husband is working at that Institute, if you would like to send me a PM with your details I'll be able to give you more information

Hi

Thanks for coming back to me.

It will not let me send a private message, can you send me your contact details by PM to see if you can. I only started to use this tonight so probably a bit unsure.

Thanks

Joan
Old Dec 20th 2011, 2:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Bluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really nice

Originally Posted by joancasey
Hi

It will not let me send a private message, can you send me your contact details by PM to see if you can. I only started to use this tonight so probably a bit unsure.

Thanks

Joan
you can send a pm once yiu have 5 posts to your name. Why not log onto the sandpit section and make a few posts on social stuff and then you will be able to send/receive pms.
Old Dec 20th 2011, 8:00 am
Just Joined

yorkshirebird is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by joancasey
Hi

Thanks

Joan
I think you need 4 posts before you can PM
Old Dec 20th 2011, 8:01 am
Just Joined

[QUOTE=yorkshirebird;9797839]I think you need 4 posts before you can PM[/QUOTE

Hopefully this will be the 4tha dn I can now PM you.
Old Dec 20th 2011, 8:03 am
Just Joined

just seen seen Bluelionesses post, this should make 5.
Old Dec 20th 2011, 12:06 pm
Just Joined

joancasey is an unknown quantity at this point

Still trying to send PM it wont let me receive or send.

Thanks

J
Old Dec 21st 2011, 11:01 am
Just Joined

mozdeal is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dawn angela
Hi all

Moving to Al Ain just after Xmas and urgently need to find a solution for child care. Due to loads of delays we will be starting work just days after arrival and need to find temporary child care during the day for our 2 year old. Her residency won't be complete which, I assume, she'll need for nurseries. Does anyone know of informal child care arrangements or creches which we could use while her paperwork is complete? I can't seem to find anything online and desperately need some help from someone 'on the ground'. If anyone can help I'd be so grateful! Thanks so much.
Hi there
I sugest you to have a look at nialanews. There are many nanies available. This is a quick solution while you look for a creche at your convinience.
Old Dec 21st 2011, 6:33 pm
Just Joined

khalidmajid72 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mozdeal
Hi there
I sugest you to have a look at nialanews. There are many nanies available. This is a quick solution while you look for a creche at your convinience.
where is that?
Old Dec 22nd 2011, 7:58 pm
Just Joined

mozdeal is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by khalidmajid72
where is that?
just google niallanews, and its all. many ads there
Old Jan 13th 2012, 6:22 pm
Just Joined

heathcliffe54 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,

My husband has received a job offer for Al Ain and we are in the process of accepting. It's all very daunting! We are hoping to rent our house in the UK.

Hubby will be working at the airport. Can anyone suggest nice areas to live in that may be convenient for work and also the School Road?

Also, I have been considering compound villas over independent ones. Anyone got any thoughts on this? I'm figuring compound living will offer facilities such as pool/play area etc on site which would be good for the kids and getting to know other residents. However, I have read that these are hard to come by and have long waiting lists?

Would appreciate any advice out there, including what I can expect to deal with upon arrival. Car etc. Thanks!
Old Jan 13th 2012, 6:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

flood2 will become famous soon enoughflood2 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by heathcliffe54
Hi everyone,

My husband has received a job offer for Al Ain and we are in the process of accepting. It's all very daunting! We are hoping to rent our house in the UK.

Hubby will be working at the airport. Can anyone suggest nice areas to live in that may be convenient for work and also the School Road?

Also, I have been considering compound villas over independent ones. Anyone got any thoughts on this? I'm figuring compound living will offer facilities such as pool/play area etc on site which would be good for the kids and getting to know other residents. However, I have read that these are hard to come by and have long waiting lists?

Would appreciate any advice out there, including what I can expect to deal with upon arrival. Car etc. Thanks!
I would not worry about compounds, its not Saudi. Set aside an hour or 2 and read this tread from the start and it will give you lots info you require.

Remember to bring a few good books, as you will not have much to do when you get here.
Old Jan 13th 2012, 7:43 pm
Just Joined

heathcliffe54 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by flood2
I would not worry about compounds, its not Saudi. Set aside an hour or 2 and read this tread from the start and it will give you lots info you require.

Remember to bring a few good books, as you will not have much to do when you get here.
Hi flood2, thanks very much for your quick response. I keep meaning to read the thread from beginning but, with 2 small kids, am constantly interrupted!

Will definitely set aside time to do it though. How long have you been in Al Ain?
Old Jan 26th 2012, 8:11 pm
Just Joined

tomi53 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello All

HELLLPPP!!!!

Now i have that off my chest i should probably explain! My work have offered me a job out in Al Ain and I am due to start out there on the 1st April. My family (Wife and 2 kids - a 2 year old boy and a 5 month old girl) will be moving out with me and my company will be providing us with accommodation. We currently live in the UK and have a very long list of questions and are struggling to find any information on th web. So back to the start; HELLLPPPP!

We are hoping to have some input in to the accommodation that we get so would really like to know a bit more about the city and what the different areas have to offer. My wife does not drive so we would need to be within walking distance of things like playgroups, shops, parks, preschool, a doctors surgery etc. We would like to live in a thriving expat community ideally in a villa complex with a pool (no idea what budget we are working to here so a range might be useful). Does such a place exist? I would be working near the Al Ain hospital so should be easy to get to from most areas (?).

Also we have quite a close knit group of friends that we will be leaving behind and we are very keen to meet people. Are there and social groups/coffee mornings/mum and baby groups in Al Ain that anyone would recommend?

Thanks all for any guidance you can offer.
Old Jan 27th 2012, 2:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Bluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really nice

Originally Posted by tomi53
Hello All

HELLLPPP!!!!

Now i have that off my chest i should probably explain! My work have offered me a job out in Al Ain and I am due to start out there on the 1st April. My family (Wife and 2 kids - a 2 year old boy and a 5 month old girl) will be moving out with me and my company will be providing us with accommodation. We currently live in the UK and have a very long list of questions and are struggling to find any information on th web. So back to the start; HELLLPPPP!

Welcome- you've come to the right place

We are hoping to have some input in to the accommodation that we get so would really like to know a bit more about the city and what the different areas have to offer. My wife does not drive so we would need to be within walking distance of things like playgroups, shops, parks, preschool, a doctors surgery etc.

Forget walking - your wife will find it very uncomfortable to walk any distance due to the heat between the beginning of June and the end of September. In addition, you won't find all the things you need in one place - we tend to do a very high mileage getting to the shops and doctors etc within Al Ain. However taxis are very cheap, though it will be a bit of struggle with 2 kiddie seats. You could also hire a full time driver, it's cheaper than you think. Or your wife could do her driving test here.

We would like to live in a thriving expat community ideally in a villa complex with a pool (no idea what budget we are working to here so a range might be useful). Does such a place exist? I would be working near the Al Ain hospital so should be easy to get to from most areas (?).

There are very few of these in Al Ain with a "thriving expat community" but I would try Al Oyoun complex. Not too far away from schools, new mall going up at the back of it -but not sure when the shops will be ready for business. 3 bed villas start at around 130k these days. Al ain has a good road network and it is easy to travel from area to area, once you come to terms with the different driving standards compared to the uk. Buy yourself the biggest, chunkiest 4x4 you can find, with a spare wheel on the back for maximum safety when out with the kids in the car.

Also we have quite a close knit group of friends that we will be leaving behind and we are very keen to meet people. Are there and social groups/coffee mornings/mum and baby groups in Al Ain that anyone would recommend?
There is a mother and baby group which meets weekly, hopefully one of the other young Mums can come in on this one to help you. We have a lot of very good expat friends, they are our family out here and any time we need help, we find they are there for us - what i am trying to say is that if you work at friendships you will find some really good friends in a very short time.

Thanks all for any guidance you can offer.
Good luck
Old Jan 31st 2012, 5:39 pm
Forum Regular

zoukla will become famous soon enough

A note to the folks here in schools and nurseries.

PHILIPINO TEACHING ASSISTANT available
I thought to post here for someone I would happily recommend.

PM me if you know of any openings in Al Ain

Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.