Living in Al Ain

Old Dec 30th 2010, 5:32 am
Forum Regular

aberdeensiregirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Living in Al Ain

We had a guy come out on the Thursday night and has us moved to Dubai on the Saturday Excellent I will pm you the number when i text my hubby!
Old Dec 30th 2010, 5:39 am
Forum Regular

aberdeensiregirl is an unknown quantity at this point

pm sent!
Old Dec 30th 2010, 5:25 pm
Just Joined

firstline is an unknown quantity at this point

any body could give me information about Al ain Hospital? I have an offer to work there and please if any body could tell me consultant salary nearly there?

Many thanks
Old Dec 31st 2010, 9:06 am
Just Joined

firstline is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by firstline
any body could give me information about Al ain Hospital? I have an offer to work there and please if any body could tell me consultant salary nearly there?

Many thanks
Happy new year 2011. Any one can give me infornmation about this hospital and consultant salary?
Many thanks
Old Jan 6th 2011, 8:11 am
Forum Regular

haloola is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi. Can anyone tell me where the Al Noor residential complex is? I'm told it's near Jimi Mall somewhere? Thanks.
Old Jan 6th 2011, 8:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Bluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really nice

It's near Choitram's Al Muwaiji, on the main E22 road to Abu Dhabi. Beautiful apartments, well set out. Not cheap but not overly expensive for what you are getting.
Old Jan 6th 2011, 10:50 pm
Just Joined

Rallynuts is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there, does anyone here work at the new Strata aerospace plant? I'd an interview on site at the end of last year and am hoping on a positive response to move out Al Ain. I'm busting a gut to get out there!
Old Jan 8th 2011, 9:01 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bluelionesse
It's near Choitram's Al Muwaiji, on the main E22 road to Abu Dhabi. Beautiful apartments, well set out. Not cheap but not overly expensive for what you are getting.
Hi. Thanks. Unfortunately not moving there, just visiting!
Old Jan 9th 2011, 9:29 pm
Forum Regular

mamijaka is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Herri, I will be very grateful if you can help me. I have been reading the posts in the Forum with loads of interest as I will be coming to Al Ain to start my new job at the end of this month. I am really struggling with the limited luggage allowance of 30kg from Emirates. I will like to freight two 30kg suitcases of my stuff there. How is clearance done? Do they deliver? As I do not know yet the address of my apartment from my employers, I was thinking of sending the suitcases to their main office there in Al Ain, then I pick up. Or do I have to go to the airport to collect it? if so I have been booked to fly into Dubai International, arriving at past midnight then s'one will drive me to Al Ain. Will I be able to collect them then as I just want to take all my luggage home with me on arrival? I am a female so a bit scared coming there alone and having to travel distances initially just to get my treasured stuff. I live in London now and although the company you used seems great, I will also look for one locally here and compare. Sorry for so many questions as I am desperate to send the stuff earlier so I can collect on arrival. I would be most grateful for your help & advice. thanks a million in advance. You could PM me details if you don't mind. Oh and its all personal effects, so clothing, shoes and some books only, nothing big
Originally Posted by Herri
Hi Little Lady V

I see you're from Solihull. I shipped a couple of boxes airfreight and later a 40 foot container from Coventry, near you, and used in both cases http://www.bkfreight.co.uk/index.php Peter looked after me and he was most helpful. BK Freight had in both cases the best price also. I compared them with a local company, 2 national companies, and Emirates Airline. The small airfreight went to Dubai and the local charges at Dubai airport were only 2 small bills, total around 200 Dirhams (35 pounds?). The charges of BK Freight were about half what Emirates Airline quoted me. BK Freight use the best price offered by their partner airlines and they could also do it very fast, which was important for me. Or if anyone can help, i will be so very obliged.
Old Jan 10th 2011, 4:14 am
tlh
Al Ain Expat

tlh is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mamijaka
Hello Herri, I will be very grateful if you can help me. I have been reading the posts in the Forum with loads of interest as I will be coming to Al Ain to start my new job at the end of this month. I am really struggling with the limited luggage allowance of 30kg from Emirates. I will like to freight two 30kg suitcases of my stuff there. How is clearance done? Do they deliver? As I do not know yet the address of my apartment from my employers, I was thinking of sending the suitcases to their main office there in Al Ain, then I pick up. Or do I have to go to the airport to collect it? if so I have been booked to fly into Dubai International, arriving at past midnight then s'one will drive me to Al Ain. Will I be able to collect them then as I just want to take all my luggage home with me on arrival? I am a female so a bit scared coming there alone and having to travel distances initially just to get my treasured stuff. I live in London now and although the company you used seems great, I will also look for one locally here and compare. Sorry for so many questions as I am desperate to send the stuff earlier so I can collect on arrival. I would be most grateful for your help & advice. thanks a million in advance. You could PM me details if you don't mind. Oh and its all personal effects, so clothing, shoes and some books only, nothing big
Although I have no experience shipping things from the UK to the UAE, I did experience shipping from the USA to the UK and it was very expensive. We have concluded that paying the airline for extra baggage (at $200 per piece) is far cheaper and easier than any other option. Also, you did not say what your job would be in Al Ain. However, if it is to be a teacher in an ADEC school, you can leave all of your work clothes at home and simply buy a few abayas when you arrive.
Old Jan 14th 2011, 4:17 pm
Just Joined

heather87 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I moved to Al Ain last week and I will be here for about 18 months.

Does anyone know if there is a running club in the area?

Thanks,

Heather
Old Jan 14th 2011, 4:53 pm
Just Joined

GatehouseFamily is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by heather87
Hi,

Thanks,

Heather
Hi Heather,

If you go to www.alainexpat and go to activities you will find a list of 'fitnessy' type things.

There's a guy called David I think who is on this website that runs a running club on Monday nights.

Running club back on!

Monday 1900hrs Wadi Park(end of schools road)

25dhs per session

Anymore information contact Dave on 0508178955

Also, Simba who's a PT runs a bootcamp on Sunday and Mondays which is good (info also on this website).

Have fun!
Old Jan 14th 2011, 5:08 pm
Forum Regular

Hi,

Thanks,

Heather
Hi Heather,

Also if you subscribe to Niala news http://groups.google.com/group/nialanews I'm sure there was an ad recently for a running group. It's also useful for other stuff too!

Welcome to Al Ain. I hope you enjoy it.
Old Jan 14th 2011, 5:13 pm
Just Joined

heather87 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by haloola
Hi Heather,

Also if you subscribe to Niala news http://groups.google.com/group/nialanews I'm sure there was an ad recently for a running group. It's also useful for other stuff too!

Welcome to Al Ain. I hope you enjoy it.
Thank you. I'll check it out.

Heather
Old Jan 15th 2011, 7:06 am
Forum Regular

Casta is just really niceCasta is just really niceCasta is just really niceCasta is just really niceCasta is just really niceCasta is just really niceCasta is just really niceCasta is just really niceCasta is just really niceCasta is just really nice

Hi,

Thanks,

Heather
Hi Heather,

Welcome to Al Ain

There's also the Al Ain Hash House Harriers who run on a Monday night.

As well as the Al Ain Netball Club who play Sunday and Tuesday.

More info here http://myoasisliving.com/events/community

Good luck!

P.S. The Emirates Natural History Group run some serious hikes also if you're interested (as well as less strenuous walks!)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.