Default Re: Living in Al Ain

Still get my update each day from nialanews
Old Oct 23rd 2010, 6:28 pm
Just Joined

GatehouseFamily is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

A couple of questions;

Where's the best place to take a child for a check up (ear infection)? Been to Oasis Hospital, is that a good one?

Anyone recommend a chiropractor or oesteopath?

Where do I go to pay my parking ticket (whilst at the hospital!!)?

Thanks!
Old Oct 24th 2010, 10:11 am
Just Joined

jeanettesteven is an unknown quantity at this point

My partner leaves for Al Ain next Monday to start a new job. I won't be moving over due to work, however when I come over to visit what is the best hotel to stay in?
Old Oct 24th 2010, 12:00 pm
Just Joined

alicethecamel is an unknown quantity at this point

Has anyone seen knitting wool for sale anywhere?
Old Oct 24th 2010, 12:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really nice

Originally Posted by jeanettesteven
My partner leaves for Al Ain next Monday to start a new job. I won't be moving over due to work, however when I come over to visit what is the best hotel to stay in?
Why can't you stay with him? If you can't then stay at a hotel or hotel apartments near to his work. Let us know which area he is working in and we can maybe point you in the right direction.
Old Oct 24th 2010, 12:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really nice

Originally Posted by alicethecamel
Has anyone seen knitting wool for sale anywhere?
I think I saw some in Daiso - not a big selection tho!
Old Oct 24th 2010, 1:34 pm
Forum Regular

GV-Austin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by GatehouseFamily
Hi,

Where's the best place to take a child for a check up (ear infection)? Been to Oasis Hospital, is that a good one?
I'm sure there are lots of opinions on this, but I personally think it's about the doctor not the hospital.

Oasis has a new doctor, Dr. Brent, who we really like. He is an American doctor with experience in Central Asia. He seems to be great with kids and adults both, is responsive to questions, doesn't rush things, and has been right on the mark with observations and diagnosis.

Dr. Jimmy is another superb American doctor there who is a GP. We haven't been to him yet, but all of our friends rave about him.
Old Oct 24th 2010, 2:33 pm
Forum Regular

shammy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

A couple of questions;

Anyone recommend a chiropractor or oesteopath?

Thanks!
Parking ticket is paid at the Al Ain Traffic Licensing dept - same place you get your car registered. from Waterfall R/A turn onto the school road, then you turn right at either the first or second R/A's, and it is clearly signposted.
Old Oct 24th 2010, 2:41 pm
Forum Regular

shammy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bluelionesse
Have a look in the Indian fabric shop opposite Al Noor Hospital (in patient section). There is some upstairs.
Old Oct 24th 2010, 3:28 pm
Forum Regular

Casta is just really niceCasta is just really niceCasta is just really niceCasta is just really niceCasta is just really niceCasta is just really niceCasta is just really niceCasta is just really niceCasta is just really niceCasta is just really nice

Originally Posted by GV-Austin
Hi,

A couple of questions;

Where's the best place to take a child for a check up (ear infection)? Been to Oasis Hospital, is that a good one? Assuming Dr Jimmy = Dr James Thompson then definitely agree. He's very good with pediatric background. Available by appointment on Tuesdays in the Emergency Care Clinic (Door C).

Anyone recommend a chiropractor or oesteopath? http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?p=8849883&highlight=osteopath#post8 849883

Thanks!

I'm sure there are lots of opinions on this, but I personally think it's about the doctor not the hospital.

Oasis has a new doctor, Dr. Brent, who we really like. He is an American doctor with experience in Central Asia. He seems to be great with kids and adults both, is responsive to questions, doesn't rush things, and has been right on the mark with observations and diagnosis.

Dr. Jimmy is another superb American doctor there who is a GP. We haven't been to him yet, but all of our friends rave about him.
Old Oct 25th 2010, 11:24 am
Forum Regular

cheeznleez is an unknown quantity at this point

Just wanted to give a shout out to the new mobile veterinary service. We just had Dr. Sandra come to our house and give our lab a once over and are very pleased.
Old Oct 25th 2010, 2:21 pm
Forum Regular

JB22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cheeznleez
Just wanted to give a shout out to the new mobile veterinary service. We just had Dr. Sandra come to our house and give our lab a once over and are very pleased.
Oh thats great news, our collie is due out in January and was concerned about traveling all the way to DXB or AD to get him looked at or his jabs up dated. Do they come to you by appointment or is it parked up in a lot and you just wait your turn.
On another note about dogs, is there a kennel in Al Ain? I am using Dubai Kennels & Cattery to import him so they are the only ones I know of plus would like him to get a good haircut a few times a year to help with the heat.
Old Oct 26th 2010, 1:56 am
Forum Regular

cheeznleez is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JB22
Oh thats great news, our collie is due out in January and was concerned about traveling all the way to DXB or AD to get him looked at or his jabs up dated. Do they come to you by appointment or is it parked up in a lot and you just wait your turn.
On another note about dogs, is there a kennel in Al Ain? I am using Dubai Kennels & Cattery to import him so they are the only ones I know of plus would like him to get a good haircut a few times a year to help with the heat.
Dr. Sandra will come to your house. She's got a website: www.myvet.ae . I'm not sure about Kennels, but we did go through a pet shipping company in Vancouver to bring ours out and not only were they $1200 cheaper than a quote in Calgary, but they were amazing - and we shipped her to AD.....It was a relatively easy process....
Old Oct 26th 2010, 11:52 am
Just Joined

Luxorhouse is just really niceLuxorhouse is just really niceLuxorhouse is just really niceLuxorhouse is just really niceLuxorhouse is just really niceLuxorhouse is just really niceLuxorhouse is just really niceLuxorhouse is just really nice

http://groups.google.com/group/nialanews
Old Oct 26th 2010, 4:45 pm
Just Joined

alicethecamel is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bluelionesse
Thank you will check!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.