Living in Al Ain

Old Jul 14th 2010, 3:47 pm
Forum Regular

cheeznleez is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Living in Al Ain

Originally Posted by Herri
Just came back from Europe and our two and a half year old really needs time to kick a ball in a park and run wild for an hour or so. I can just see him getting grumpier by the day. Is there a baby football club or baby sports activity with access to an air-conditioned gymnasium / sports hall in Al-Ain?
Hey Herri - not sure about baby sports, but I just checked out the play area in the Spinneys mall and it's perfect for young ones. The soft play there is really nice and looks toddler friendly. Lots of balls and stuff to play with too!!
Old Jul 15th 2010, 7:49 pm
Just Joined

Herri is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cheeznleez
Hey Herri - not sure about baby sports, but I just checked out the play area in the Spinneys mall and it's perfect for young ones. The soft play there is really nice and looks toddler friendly. Lots of balls and stuff to play with too!!
Thanks cheeznleez! I'll try it out on the weekend!
Old Jul 15th 2010, 7:57 pm
Just Joined

Herri is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone know of training courses for ACL data analysis software in the UAE, or is there perhaps someone in Al-Ain who could explain the software to a friend of mine (for a fee)? ACL is often used in audit and risk management.
Old Jul 16th 2010, 7:12 am
Just Joined

docbob is an unknown quantity at this point

hey everybody..i'm new to this forum but i have been reviewing it for the past 3 months now.I am planning to make the moveto Alain;probably by coming October.

I am a doctor and will be joining Tawam hospital.I was hoping to get to know anyone who is working there and how is the work environment there..thanks everybody.
Old Jul 17th 2010, 11:39 am
Just Joined

dnje1955 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tlh
Singing, dancing and music are available at the House of Arts.

See http://house-of-arts.net.

Swimming is available at lots of places. All of the hotels have memberships and pools with lanes as well as family pools. We just returned from the Intercon and their Olympic pool is at least 400 meters long .

The minimum 3 bedroom villa around here is about 100 K per year. A real nice 4 bedroom in a real nice compound (such as Al Andulus) is 180 K. Beware of new construction as you may have to wait for months to get electric, water or internet service. Mike and Melanie can help you at AlAinVillaFinder.com.

Good luck.
@tlh ..

I have just completed a very quick visit to Al Ain for an job interview and if successful following the gruelling interview, don't know whether to live in Al Ain or Dubai .. according to sources, Dubai offers more compound living than Al Ain .. therefore, your comment re the Al Andulus compound in Al Ain interests me .. I have a Al Ain map but cannot locate al Andulus area .. what are some of the surrounding suburbs so that I can zero in of the compound area? Thanks
Old Jul 17th 2010, 6:24 pm
Just Joined

ChrisPayne is an unknown quantity at this point

@dnje1955

The Andulus (sic?) complex is directly behind, i.e. south of the Al Ain Mall, which you'll see is on the east side of the town.

The suburbs in the area, to my knowledge, are Kuwaitat and Nyadat.

If you still can't find the complex, let me know and I'll link you to it on a map.
Old Jul 17th 2010, 6:26 pm
Account Closed

larnie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dnje1955
@tlh ..

I have just completed a very quick visit to Al Ain for an job interview and if successful following the gruelling interview, don't know whether to live in Al Ain or Dubai .. according to sources, Dubai offers more compound living than Al Ain .. therefore, your comment re the Al Andulus compound in Al Ain interests me .. I have a Al Ain map but cannot locate al Andulus area .. what are some of the surrounding suburbs so that I can zero in of the compound area? Thanks
Hey! I would forget about the commute from Dubai to Al Ain it is way too far, we have tried it for 4 months and it is seriously difficult unless you can afford a driver? Al Andalaus is directly behind Al Ain Mall in Al Kuwaitat. A great location close to Hilton, Intercon, Bawadi and still only 15 minutes to Jimi! I understand there are quite a few people leaving but you will probably need to be here to actually acquire one!

Good luck!
Old Jul 17th 2010, 6:34 pm
Account Closed

larnie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by docbob
hey everybody..i'm new to this forum but i have been reviewing it for the past 3 months now.I am planning to make the moveto Alain;probably by coming October.

I am a doctor and will be joining Tawam hospital.I was hoping to get to know anyone who is working there and how is the work environment there..thanks everybody.
Hey Doctor Bob

I notice that you have posted twice with no reply. This could be due to the fact that it is summer and a lot of people have left the desert for cooler climes or it could be that Doctors at Twam haven't the time to spend on these forums. However I do know of a couple of Drs from Twam posting om another AA expat forum. Go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/alainexpats an join this yahoo group it can be very helpful too.

Cheers
Old Jul 18th 2010, 10:27 am
Forum Regular

cheeznleez is an unknown quantity at this point

I was at Orkin pest control today to recieve help for a sick stray kitten currently residing on my doorstep.....while there I saw a baboon in a dog crate. The poor thing couldn't even stand up as the crate was too short. I tried to call the zoo to alert them to this in hopes that they might adopt the monkey, but communication differences prevented me from reaching the right person or getting my point across. If anybody on here works for the zoo, can you please PM me, or if anybody else knows of any other solutions for this poor animal, please contact me.

Thanks
Old Jul 18th 2010, 4:18 pm
Forum Regular

JB22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bluelionesse
There is no Direct Debit system as we know back in the uk and most landlords will only take one or two cheques, ie you may have to pay 40,000 or 50,000 upfront in one lump sum, or two if you are lucky. This means you have to ask your employers to pay it up front for you, OR take enough cash with you to cover this, OR take out a loan. Good luck with the move.
I have just come back from Al Ain and speaking with others who have just moved out the advise was if your company can honour the cheque then the less cheques the better the deal. Arabian Ranches Dubai outskirts are now going around a 100'000 for a 3 bed villa
Old Jul 18th 2010, 9:25 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ChrisPayne
@dnje1955

The Andulus (sic?) complex is directly behind, i.e. south of the Al Ain Mall, which you'll see is on the east side of the town.

The suburbs in the area, to my knowledge, are Kuwaitat and Nyadat.

If you still can't find the complex, let me know and I'll link you to it on a map.
Chris .. thanks for the directions, I shall review the map .. from your explanation< I now know where to look.
Old Jul 18th 2010, 9:27 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by larnie
Hey! I would forget about the commute from Dubai to Al Ain it is way too far, we have tried it for 4 months and it is seriously difficult unless you can afford a driver? Al Andalaus is directly behind Al Ain Mall in Al Kuwaitat. A great location close to Hilton, Intercon, Bawadi and still only 15 minutes to Jimi! I understand there are quite a few people leaving but you will probably need to be here to actually acquire one!

Good luck!
Larnie .. thansk for the advice .. only having done the compute twice, I agree with your synopsis .. it is a looooong way each day to drive!!
Old Jul 19th 2010, 8:39 am
Just Joined

Hey Doctor Bob

I notice that you have posted twice with no reply. This could be due to the fact that it is summer and a lot of people have left the desert for cooler climes or it could be that Doctors at Twam haven't the time to spend on these forums. However I do know of a couple of Drs from Twam posting om another AA expat forum. Go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/alainexpats an join this yahoo group it can be very helpful too.

Cheers
Thanks Larnie..finally someone answered..i look that group up..probably you are right doctors do get to be lazy sometime
Old Jul 19th 2010, 3:00 pm
Just Joined

Hey Doctor Bob

Cheers
thanks Larnie..still no response from anyone else..nurses,doctors,technicians ,anyone..!!!cheers
Old Jul 20th 2010, 11:39 am
Forum Regular

redheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by docbob

Hi Docbob
hope you know what you are getting youself in for and have done your research on Tawam Hospital and its problems. Have you been able to talk to first hand the managers at the coalface so to speak? It would be far to say that moral amoung the western staff would be at an all time low.
I hope you are not one to impliment fresh or new ideas because you will be quickly hounded down by the lazy status quo.
4 years i have walked those halls.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.