Living in Al Ain

Old May 17th 2010, 1:00 pm
Account Closed

larnie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Living in Al Ain

Does anyone know where in toen I can get my NZ Driving Licence translated into Arabic?
Old May 17th 2010, 2:19 pm
Just Joined

SallyB33 is an unknown quantity at this point

Where is the new Spinneys supermarket???? in Al Ain???
Old May 17th 2010, 2:54 pm
Just Joined

Noha is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by larnie
Does anyone know where in toen I can get my NZ Driving Licence translated into Arabic?
Our embassy (we are from the Netherlands) had readymade forms/translations in Arabic and in English. Maybe your embassy also has something readymade.
Old May 17th 2010, 3:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Amazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond repute

The guy we used is very good but for the life of me I cant remember where he is or should I say how to direct you there. Anyway I have written to a friend in the hotel who might have it on his GPS so wait till tomorrow and I will let you know.

Lots of Love from war torn Bangkok
Old May 17th 2010, 5:18 pm
Forum Regular

Casta is just really niceCasta is just really niceCasta is just really niceCasta is just really niceCasta is just really niceCasta is just really niceCasta is just really niceCasta is just really niceCasta is just really niceCasta is just really nice

Yes. Lovely Jordanian gentleman by the name of Dr Yousef M Al Katib.

I went to him just last Wednesday evening to get my marriage certificate translated into Arabic. I picked it up on the following Sunday. Bearing in mind that due to an emergency he wasn't working Thursday through to Saturday (two working days) and I dropped the paperwork on Wednesday at 1800 and picked it up at 1800 I guess it's a 24hr service!

He said at the time that driving licence translation would cost 40AED. He also said he does true copy and signature attestations. Pretty much most things at a flat rate of 50AED which is what I paid. My employer is a government agency and apparently this is the gentleman they always use for their legal paperwork.

Opening hours: Saturday to Thursday from 0800-12:00 and 17:00-2000

Directions: If you arrive at Clocktower crossroads with the Post Office on your RHS and main street in front then take a left turn. Drive on to the next junction, this is the one where HSBC used to be and where there is going to be a gift market, drive straight across and onto next junction where you'll take a right turn passing by Sedar blinds on the corner. Drive down the road and take the second turning on the right. You'll now roughly be opposite the UBL building and you'll see the Bin Ali Centre on the corner in front of you as you turn. Drive forwards onto the wasteground bear left and park somewhere there (near the skip!). The office is on the ground floor directly on the back of the Bin Ali Centre with red aluminium window casings.

Incidentally if you need there is a couple of standard typing offices just down the road from here. If you are facing the office turn left and walk down the road. You'll find them on the RHS.
Attached Thumbnails Living in Al Ain-img00209-20100510-1239.jpg  

Last edited by Casta; May 17th 2010 at 5:47 pm. Reason: extra info!
Old May 17th 2010, 5:53 pm
Forum Regular

ozkingy is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by SallyB33
Where is the new Spinneys supermarket???? in Al Ain???
Opposite the 'Gas Station' in the middle of this map:

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=q&s...,0.042272&z=15

Cheers!
Old May 17th 2010, 10:04 pm
Account Closed

larnie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Casta
Yes. Lovely Jordanian gentleman by the name of Dr Yousef M Al Katib.

I went to him just last Wednesday evening to get my marriage certificate translated into Arabic. I picked it up on the following Sunday. Bearing in mind that due to an emergency he wasn't working Thursday through to Saturday (two working days) and I dropped the paperwork on Wednesday at 1800 and picked it up at 1800 I guess it's a 24hr service!

He said at the time that driving licence translation would cost 40AED. He also said he does true copy and signature attestations. Pretty much most things at a flat rate of 50AED which is what I paid. My employer is a government agency and apparently this is the gentleman they always use for their legal paperwork.

Opening hours: Saturday to Thursday from 0800-12:00 and 17:00-2000

Directions: If you arrive at Clocktower crossroads with the Post Office on your RHS and main street in front then take a left turn. Drive on to the next junction, this is the one where HSBC used to be and where there is going to be a gift market, drive straight across and onto next junction where you'll take a right turn passing by Sedar blinds on the corner. Drive down the road and take the second turning on the right. You'll now roughly be opposite the UBL building and you'll see the Bin Ali Centre on the corner in front of you as you turn. Drive forwards onto the wasteground bear left and park somewhere there (near the skip!). The office is on the ground floor directly on the back of the Bin Ali Centre with red aluminium window casings.

Incidentally if you need there is a couple of standard typing offices just down the road from here. If you are facing the office turn left and walk down the road. You'll find them on the RHS.
Cool! Thank you!
Old May 18th 2010, 10:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Amazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond repute

Cool! Thank you!
Dr Yousef, yes that him, he is really nice and very helpful
Old May 19th 2010, 1:54 pm
Just Joined

mushroomheadd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default World Cup in Al Ain

Does anyone in Al Ain know where and how to get hold of these satellite cards or similar to watch World Cup Matches during the 4 weeks? -

I am told there are cards available in Dubai, through the Petrol stations which cover just theperiod of the Cup - as after it is over, my interest in soccer will return back to its usual level of Zero...

Anyone here of similar arrangements for Al Ain?
Old May 19th 2010, 1:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Default Re: World Cup in Al Ain

Originally Posted by mushroomheadd
Does anyone in Al Ain know where and how to get hold of these satellite cards or similar to watch World Cup Matches during the 4 weeks? -

I am told there are cards available in Dubai, through the Petrol stations which cover just theperiod of the Cup - as after it is over, my interest in soccer will return back to its usual level of Zero...

Anyone here of similar arrangements for Al Ain?
Paco's at Al Ain Hilton will be showing all the matches, they did last time
Old May 19th 2010, 2:08 pm
Just Joined

mushroomheadd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: World Cup in Al Ain

Originally Posted by Amazing Grace
Paco's at Al Ain Hilton will be showing all the matches, they did last time
Thanks for that - but watching the games in the Pub is usually a complete pain in the arse - you can't hear a word for all the people in the crowd quivering about like Idjits - I will take a few cold brews from the Frig and watch it in the comfort of my own home if I can arrange same.
Old May 19th 2010, 2:09 pm
Just Joined

Lebee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by aberdeensiregirl
I have sent you a private message (pm)
Excellent - I shall have a look!
Old May 21st 2010, 8:44 am
Just Joined

gerpols is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Noha,

We are from Nederland also, leuk he !!
What is the adres of our Ambasade in de VAE svp ?
Bel maar effe.

Greetings

Ger Pols, 0504684920
Old May 21st 2010, 6:52 pm
Forum Regular

cheeznleez is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All!

Just signed up for Etisalat E-Vision and I'd like to know about DVR options. Due to some "communication issues", when my husband was signing up for the service they told him they didn't have DVR in Al Ain. Can anyone verify that? Are there other DVR machines out there that anyone knows about?

Lastly, I can purchase a TIVO here in Canada before I leave and I'd like to know if it will work over there....anybody know?

Thanks!
Old May 24th 2010, 3:42 am
Just Joined

aussie3953 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Living in Al Ain

Hi All,
Thanks for all the very helpful information on the thread... I am trying to assess if it is worthwhile accepting a nursing position in Al Ain- taking into account cost of living and change of lifestyle for my 2 girls. Having worked (pre kids) in Saudi I think I am a bit hooked on the expat life but have 2 little people to consider these days!!!
Questions:
What are the usual work hours?
What are the school hrs?
Is there after school care or what are the options for care of kids until Mum gets home from work?
Thanks in advance, LOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.