Living in Al Ain

Old Mar 21st 2010, 7:42 am
Forum Regular

shammy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Living in Al Ain

Originally Posted by GV-Austin
Does anyone know where to buy reasonably priced or even bargain priced western style furniture? Same question for major appliances, mattresses one can actually sleep on, and so on. We need to outfit an apartment from scratch and need help knowing where to start looking.
The Abella Notice board often has some, otherwise Niala News, Another option is www.souk.com - a bit like ebay but UAE version. Good Luck! Also note that if you can manage a little longer loads of people start trying to sell stuff in June/ July as that is when most contracts finish.
Shammy
Old Mar 21st 2010, 7:43 am
Forum Regular

shammy is an unknown quantity at this point

Just to let you all know that I have been in Lulu this morning, and they have a load of great easter eggs!!
Old Mar 21st 2010, 7:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Bluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really nice

Originally Posted by GV-Austin
Does anyone know where to buy reasonably priced or even bargain priced western style furniture? Same question for major appliances, mattresses one can actually sleep on, and so on. We need to outfit an apartment from scratch and need help knowing where to start looking.
I know what you mean about the mattresses! Our bed came with one but we soon ended up buying a silentnight one from Homes R Us (they might still have a sale on), also, if you are willing to venture into Saniayya then Hussains sell a range of mattresses, some of which are quite soft by Middle East standards. (Cheaper option too).

Agree with Shammy, if you can hang on til end of May you will find loads of furniture appearing on the Abela board and in the yahoo and google newsgroups for the city.

Good luck!
Old Mar 21st 2010, 8:56 am
Forum Regular

GV-Austin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shammy
Also note that if you can manage a little longer loads of people start trying to sell stuff in June/ July as that is when most contracts finish.
Great idea! We actually have seven three bedroom apartments that we need to furnish. Basic stuff--wardrobes, living room furniture, bedroom sets, dining table and chairs, appliances. So we'll keep our eyes peeled for the notice board and see what we can pick up. Quality, of course!
Old Mar 21st 2010, 9:59 pm
Just Joined

gfrafters is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bluelionesse
I know what you mean about the mattresses! Our bed came with one but we soon ended up buying a silentnight one from Homes R Us (they might still have a sale on), also, if you are willing to venture into Saniayya then Hussains sell a range of mattresses, some of which are quite soft by Middle East standards. (Cheaper option too).

Agree with Shammy, if you can hang on til end of May you will find loads of furniture appearing on the Abela board and in the yahoo and google newsgroups for the city.

Good luck!
Hi can you let me have the links for Abela board, yahoo and google newsgroups, many thanks
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 12:01 pm
Account Closed

larnie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gfrafters
Hi can you let me have the links for Abela board, yahoo and google newsgroups, many thanks
Anyone know how/where we could get a sofa shampooed? We are in temporary accommodation and I would like to be able to sit on the sofa but it looks a bit dodgy. I watched the cleaning boy clean it the other day after I asked him to and he hit it half a dozen time with a dirty rag he had been cleaning the rest of the apartment with including the bathrooms? LOL
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 12:19 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by larnie
Anyone know how/where we could get a sofa shampooed? We are in temporary accommodation and I would like to be able to sit on the sofa but it looks a bit dodgy. I watched the cleaning boy clean it the other day after I asked him to and he hit it half a dozen time with a dirty rag he had been cleaning the rest of the apartment with including the bathrooms? LOL
1. Cover it with a throw (standard furnished accommodation tactic)
2. Buy a furnishing fabric cleaner at the supermarket & do it yourself.

-
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 1:54 pm
tlh
Al Ain Expat

tlh is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by timmy1000
Hi all! This great with lots of useful info. This is my first time so sorry for any mistakes! Just been offered a job with ssat, consultant in school. Does anyone know what they are like to work for, package, wage, etc..? Need more info before i make my mind up; still in uk. Many thanks in advance!
Timmy
Someone is pulling your chain. Any offer from this area includes details about everything - salary, airplane tickets, settlement allowance, housing allowance, etc., etc., etc. If those items are not spelled out in incredible detail, the offer is from a Nigerian hustler.
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 5:52 pm
Just Joined

Kitesurfgirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi to all,

I will soon be moving out from my apartment and I am selling all my 4 months old furniture. Please send me msg if you are interested, i'll send you the details.
tv, washing machine, fridge, bed set, sofa set, table with 4 chairs, coffee table, etc... all are in very good condition.

tel: 050 931 3570

Begüm
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 3:59 am
Forum Regular

Cochraf is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shammy
Just did the run today, take the 4th exit after the Mafraq round about - it is the one to the Airport and Dubai. It does not have an exit number, but is the one after exit 26!!! Took me under 10 min to get the license. NOTE if you have your resident visa from Dubai you need a letter of no objection from the main DUBAI police station, because you need an ABU DHABI license. You cannot use this in Dubai, nor can you use a Dubai one in the Abu Dhabi Emirate!!
Hi again

We will probably go next week. If we were unable to find this one will any police station in Abu Dhabi do? Is Bani Yas part of Abu Dhabi. That one seems to be pretty clearly marked on the highway.
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 4:51 am
Forum Regular

Does anyone have a phone number for Dr. Martha at the London Dental Clinic?Cannot find the number in the phone book.

Or any other dentist someone can recommend? Thanks
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 5:49 am
Just Joined

Litu is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Cochraf
Does anyone have a phone number for Dr. Martha at the London Dental Clinic?Cannot find the number in the phone book.

Or any other dentist someone can recommend? Thanks
The Royal London Dental Clinic 03-7557155
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 5:58 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Litu
The Royal London Dental Clinic 03-7557155
Thank you very much
Old Mar 24th 2010, 8:46 am
Just Joined

calum.ewing is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,

I've got a few villas and apartments for rent all over Al Ain, if anyone needs help then contact me on 050-7003769.

Regards,
Calum
Old Mar 24th 2010, 12:09 pm
Forum Regular

UkMum is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Calum,
We are moving to Al Ain in August and need a villa, preferably on a compound as my kids love to swim. We have a budget of 230K. Please please could you email me on [email protected] to give me an idea of what we could get for that money. Thanks,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.