Living in Al Ain

Old Mar 7th 2010, 5:23 pm
Just Joined

baboon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Living in Al Ain

Originally Posted by Amazing Grace
Trina just sent you a PM
hia-i need to pick up my wife from dubai airport in a few days-as i dont have a car which would be the best way- catch the bus and then a taxi from dubai or is there a reliable driver somone know's about? tnx
Old Mar 8th 2010, 6:52 am
Forum Regular

shammy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by baboon
hia-i need to pick up my wife from dubai airport in a few days-as i dont have a car which would be the best way- catch the bus and then a taxi from dubai or is there a reliable driver somone know's about? tnx
There are a couple of options, One is to use the Marharba Service, which will greet her off the plane, and bring her to Al Ain for around AED 300 to 400. If she is flying business the Etihad or Emirates Chauffeur will bring her to AL Ain as part of the ticket ( Some companies do business bringing people over). Otherwise the taxis are the best option. Al Ghazal are the best taxis but are expensive. Ref Busses I don't know of you being able to use them if you are not flying - they are run by the airlines. You may find that hiring a car for the day would be the easiest and most cost effective way to do it.
Old Mar 8th 2010, 6:57 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by cheeznleez
From what I've read during my own research, AAESS seems to be the no. 1 choice for westerners for their kids. Can anyone confirm this? I have my little one registered to go there for reception in the fall, but would like some input so there's time to change if possible. Has the american school's reputation gotten better?
AAESS Primary is fine, the school has two heads, one for Primary and one for secondary. The primary teachers are generally good, and very dedicated. The new head is fantastic, and open to any discussion and dialogue. I am very happy with the education my kids are getting at the primary school, however I am looking at sending them to board in Dubai for senior school. That said I am very proactive with my kids teachers and take an active role in their school experience. I know what is happening in class and make a fuss if I do not agree with it!!
Old Mar 8th 2010, 6:59 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by gfrafters
many thanks -
Also try Mega Mart in Al Ain Mall, as well as the Jashamal shop near the old HSBC ( the old one is still there and marked so you should be able to see it!!)
Old Mar 8th 2010, 7:02 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Cochraf
I usually take a cab over during the day. I was wondering if the police ever show up at Spinneys.......
Never heard of it in Al Ain- but you never know! It is more of a concern transporting it with the way they drive here!
Old Mar 8th 2010, 7:10 am
Account Closed

larnie is an unknown quantity at this point

I am desperate to find myself a job in Al Ain. I have no children and find my husband's 10 hour working days leave me feeling lonely and isolated. I appreciate the company found at the coffee mornings and the lovely people I have met but I am afraid I need more or I don't see myself surviving this tenure. I have experience in:

Administration managment
Financial and accounting management
Property and facilities management
Relocation Orientation Consultancy - here in Al Ain
and much much more!!!

I am willing to give anything a try. I was wondering if any of you hear of something if you wouldn't mind sending me a PM.

Thanks so much

Kind Regards

Larnie
Old Mar 8th 2010, 8:21 am
Just Joined

gfrafters is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shammy
Also try Mega Mart in Al Ain Mall, as well as the Jashamal shop near the old HSBC ( the old one is still there and marked so you should be able to see it!!)
thanks will do
Old Mar 9th 2010, 10:12 pm
Just Joined

timmy1000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Living in Al Ain

Hi all! This great with lots of useful info. This is my first time so sorry for any mistakes! Just been offered a job with ssat, consultant in school. Does anyone know what they are like to work for, package, wage, etc..? Need more info before i make my mind up; still in uk. Many thanks in advance!
Timmy
Old Mar 12th 2010, 4:55 am
Forum Regular

zoukla will become famous soon enough

My DH made redundant and looking for a QS, Contract administrator/manager role. Will mange costs claims and payments.

If anyone knows of anything going preferably in Al Ain please PM me.
Old Mar 12th 2010, 5:26 am
Forum Regular

Aussieoverseas has a brilliant futureAussieoverseas has a brilliant futureAussieoverseas has a brilliant futureAussieoverseas has a brilliant futureAussieoverseas has a brilliant futureAussieoverseas has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by larnie
I am desperate to find myself a job in Al Ain. I have no children and find my husband's 10 hour working days leave me feeling lonely and isolated. I appreciate the company found at the coffee mornings and the lovely people I have met but I am afraid I need more or I don't see myself surviving this tenure. I have experience in:

Administration managment
Financial and accounting management
Property and facilities management
Relocation Orientation Consultancy - here in Al Ain
and much much more!!!

I am willing to give anything a try. I was wondering if any of you hear of something if you wouldn't mind sending me a PM.

Thanks so much

Kind Regards

Larnie
Hey Larnie - I have come across this website and I don't know if it is any good but they do have some good jobs advertised http://www.nadia-me.com/ Will find time for a chat one day soon!
Love - the Aussie Shiela
Old Mar 13th 2010, 5:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Bluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really nice
Default Coffee Evening

Hi Ladies

just to remind you that we will have another "Coffee Morning in the EVENING" tomorrow (Sunday) evening, Caffe Nero, Bawadi Mall, 7.30pm to 9pm.

Hope to see some of you tomorrow night
Regards

Marina
Old Mar 16th 2010, 3:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really nice
Default Sunday Coffee Evening

Hi all

For the next few weeks as a trial, we are moving the location of this from Bawadi Mall, to a cafe (exact one to be decided), in Al Ain Mall.

Thanks to everyone who has shown internest and attended the first few weeks events - if you want to be kept updated as to location, timings etc of future events, pm me and request to be put on the mailing list.

Will confirm the actual location of this event on Saturday via this forum

regards
Marina
Old Mar 17th 2010, 11:15 am
Just Joined

sue02 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Marina
Have recently heard about your "coffee morning in the evening" & will check in on Sat to see where you'll all be this week! Look forward to seeing everyone on Sun night (not posted enough to send a pm yet but nearly there!)
Sue
Old Mar 20th 2010, 2:36 am
Forum Regular

GV-Austin is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone know where to buy reasonably priced or even bargain priced western style furniture? Same question for major appliances, mattresses one can actually sleep on, and so on. We need to outfit an apartment from scratch and need help knowing where to start looking.
Old Mar 20th 2010, 5:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Default Coffee "morning" in the evening

Hi

the Sunday evening coffee will be at Starbucks in Al Ain Mall this week. Usual time 7.30pm to 9pm, hope you can come along and like our change of venue!

Marina

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.