Living in Al Ain

Old Feb 21st 2010, 1:24 pm
tlh
Al Ain Expat

tlh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Living in Al Ain

Originally Posted by trina_0123
hi all, so we have been here coming up to 2 months and have are about to move out of our provided accom. and move into our villa. Consequently need to get a car. We arent sure if we should buy or lease. we will probally be here for 2 years can anyone give me any advise either way or any companies they can recommend. Thanks heaps.
Two suggestions. First, if you decide to rent or lease a car, avoid Fast Rent-A-Car at all costs. They are very expensive and, based on my experience, simply crooked. They are many other leasing companies in the UAE and, although they are all expensive, you might be able to find one that is at least honest.

Second, for a decent car (Honda Accord, Nissan Maxima, Toyota ???), you will have to pay at least 2500 per month for a lease. All of the leasing companies are really expensive. We bought a used Maxima for 25000, got a 2 year loan and our net cost is about 1350 per month including insurance. Anything we get for selling the car when we leave is a bonus.
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 2:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Amazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by trina_0123
opps forgot to ask we were planning on going to dubai for the first time and dont have a car or transfered our licences yet. Can anyone recommend a car service to drive us there?
Trina just sent you a PM
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 8:30 am
Forum Regular

Cochraf is an unknown quantity at this point

Can anyone tell me how to go about getting a liquor license. We have the employer letter and application but were told we have to go to the police station in Abu Dhabi. Is there somewhere to go in Al Ain?

Thanks
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 4:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really nice
Default Evening Coffee Meeting

Hi Ladies

are you working or have committments during the day so you can't come to one of our Tuesday coffee mornings?

If you want to meet some new people outwith your work or normal social circle, then why not come along to the Caffe Nero Coffee Shop in Bawadi Mall, this Sunday evening, 28th February from 7.30pm-9pm.

Having been here for 9 months now, I have found the coffee mornings to be a great source of local information, and the biggest plus is that I have made some lovely friends.

If we get a few people interested then this could evolve into a weekly event. Even if you can only drop in for half an hour it would be lovely to see you.
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 4:38 pm
Just Joined

positive1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Larnie, welcome to Abu Dhabi! enjoy the weather before the heat really cranks up!!!
We live in Abu Dhabi city, however the last few days been filming around Jebel Hafiat, have you been there yet? if not the Mercure hotel is worth checking out just for the views.I have been filming there for the tourist board with Ridley Scotts film crew great fun!!
If you need any advice or help please feel free to contact us <via pm>.
Warmest regards,
Marc and Gill

Last edited by Bob; Feb 23rd 2010 at 8:39 pm.
Old Feb 24th 2010, 3:03 am
Just Joined

DesertDog is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Re: Living in Al Ain

Hi All,
NialNews just posted a message that the Consul section of the British Embassy will be visiting Al Ayn on the 2nd march. Unfortunately it doesn't say where or what time.
Does anybody know??
Old Feb 24th 2010, 3:04 am
Forum Regular

Cochraf is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TomandSteph
I moved to Al Ain with my Husband in January 2010. I have been working as Hairdresser in Germany for more then 7 years and I´m looking forward to continue dressing Hairs here in Al Ain. If you would like a professional haircut or a coloring of you hairs just give me a call and I will take care of you!

Stephi
Hi Stephi

Could you send me your phone no by PM. I am looking for a new hairdresser. My last left the Intercontinental and don't know where he is.
Old Feb 26th 2010, 10:17 am
Just Joined

Pirate_911 is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: Living in Al Ain

hey all.. howz the friday today? its hot here in alain, with sandy winds
Old Feb 26th 2010, 5:49 pm
Just Joined

why is it so dull??? where r all the britishers...
Old Feb 27th 2010, 5:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Bluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really nice

Originally Posted by Pirate_911
why is it so dull??? where r all the britishers...
Since its inception, this thread has been used to exchange information about living in Al Ain. If you are just looking for some chit chat, why not go to the sandpit area of the middle east forum, there are loads of great threads on there where you can exchange views, comment on news stories, and have a bit of banter with fellow expats.
Old Feb 27th 2010, 9:53 am
Just Joined

hey thanks for that info, im new and didnt know that
Old Feb 27th 2010, 10:07 am
Forum Regular

shammy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DesertDog
Hi All,
NialNews just posted a message that the Consul section of the British Embassy will be visiting Al Ayn on the 2nd march. Unfortunately it doesn't say where or what time.
Does anybody know??
They usually take a conference room at the Intercon, you can either call and ask them, or look on the Embassy website, it is usually on there too.
Shammy
Old Feb 27th 2010, 10:08 am
Forum Regular

shammy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Cochraf
Can anyone tell me how to go about getting a liquor license. We have the employer letter and application but were told we have to go to the police station in Abu Dhabi. Is there somewhere to go in Al Ain?

Thanks
You do need to go to Abu Dhabi unfortunately. We usually go to the police station in Khalifa city, which is the closest to Al Ain. Let me know if you need directions.
Shammy
Old Mar 1st 2010, 6:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Default Sunday Evening Coffees

Hi all

after a very successful inaugaral coffee "morning in the evening" last night at Caffe Nero, Bawadi Mall, we are going to do it again next week and I hope it will evolve into a regular thing.

If you were one of the 8 who came along last night, thanks for your support, I hope you enjoyed it. Hope even more ladies will manage to come along next week - will post a reminder on the forum on Saturday (if I remember...)

So anyway, next meet is Sunday 7th March, 7.30pm-9pm (or later, last night most people stayed way later!), hope to see you then

Marina
Old Mar 1st 2010, 6:58 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Why on earth is Al Ain called the Garden City? Surely it should be called Roundabout City? I was practically giddy after driving through the place recently.

-

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.