Default Re: Living in Al Ain

Thanks Shammy, will give it a call.
Old Jan 27th 2010, 8:47 am
Account Closed

larnie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Aussieoverseas
Larnie - I wanna come back tooo!
Wouldn't that be great. I've just arrived this minute and am at Starbucks at AA Mall. Nothing has changed except you are not here. What am I going to do with myself for the next 5 years?
Old Jan 27th 2010, 10:14 am
Just Joined

staceymay is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Everyone

I'm so excited I arrive in Al Ain on Monday morning.... have no idea what to expect and still homeless!!!! yikes. Does anyone know of house or room shares????? I cant afford to stay in a hotel long enough until i find a flat or something, i would dearly appreciate some advice?????? please help

thanks

Stacey
Old Jan 27th 2010, 6:09 pm
Just Joined

Mommy2SarahNHana is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by staceymay
Hello Everyone

I'm so excited I arrive in Al Ain on Monday morning.... have no idea what to expect and still homeless!!!! yikes. Does anyone know of house or room shares????? I cant afford to stay in a hotel long enough until i find a flat or something, i would dearly appreciate some advice?????? please help

thanks

Stacey
Okay just when I thought I was had a grasp on where most things are,my girls start talking about all the good things their friends pack in the lunches and they get it from Abella's. So after hearing about this for the past two weeks I thought I had found directions on a google site. I was headed towards Abu Dhabi and at the Twamm R/A I made a left and according to my directions I was to make a right at the first street. I never found it. Sorry no Peppridge Farm Gold Fish crackers in tomorrow lunch box.
I did however find the Palm which I always saw signs but never checked it out. That street (Jama) leads me right back to my house so I was in luck with something tonight. LOL any one have good directions to this store?
Old Jan 27th 2010, 6:11 pm
Just Joined

Mommy2SarahNHana is an unknown quantity at this point

I think something is wrong with my connection because I had a quote in my previous post.
Old Jan 27th 2010, 6:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really nice

Originally Posted by Mommy2SarahNHana
Okay just when I thought I was had a grasp on where most things are,my girls start talking about all the good things their friends pack in the lunches and they get it from Abella's. So after hearing about this for the past two weeks I thought I had found directions on a google site. I was headed towards Abu Dhabi and at the Twamm R/A I made a left and according to my directions I was to make a right at the first street. I never found it. Sorry no Peppridge Farm Gold Fish crackers in tomorrow lunch box.
I did however find the Palm which I always saw signs but never checked it out. That street (Jama) leads me right back to my house so I was in luck with something tonight. LOL any one have good directions to this store?
If you are heading out of town towards Abu Dhabi, then turn right at the Tawam roundabout, then immediately right - Abela is 200m on lhs. Hope you find it!
Old Jan 27th 2010, 9:59 pm
Forum Regular

Aussieoverseas has a brilliant futureAussieoverseas has a brilliant futureAussieoverseas has a brilliant futureAussieoverseas has a brilliant futureAussieoverseas has a brilliant futureAussieoverseas has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by larnie
Wouldn't that be great. I've just arrived this minute and am at Starbucks at AA Mall. Nothing has changed except you are not here. What am I going to do with myself for the next 5 years?
Where are you living? Have you moved into Gracie's old house? I am hoping the winds of fortune may blow us back that way! Hook up with Jay W. She does a heap of volunteer stuff and seems to be having a great time there. She keeps really busy with some interesting things.

Last edited by Aussieoverseas; Jan 27th 2010 at 10:00 pm. Reason: spelling
Old Jan 29th 2010, 5:39 am
Account Closed

We were wondering if anyone has an enormous villa somewhere in Al Ain with a spare room and ensuite that they might like to rent us for about 3 months whilst we decide if Al Ain is going to work for us? We are a quiet older western couple and we just need a bedroom and bathroom and internet really. We eat out most of the time anyway! Thanks in advance!
Old Jan 29th 2010, 6:35 am
Forum Regular

Aussieoverseas has a brilliant futureAussieoverseas has a brilliant futureAussieoverseas has a brilliant futureAussieoverseas has a brilliant futureAussieoverseas has a brilliant futureAussieoverseas has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by larnie
We were wondering if anyone has an enormous villa somewhere in Al Ain with a spare room and ensuite that they might like to rent us for about 3 months whilst we decide if Al Ain is going to work for us? We are a quiet older western couple and we just need a bedroom and bathroom and internet really. We eat out most of the time anyway! Thanks in advance!
Don't be misled - whilst they may be a "quiet, older couple" they are as much fun as you can take in one sitting! If I was still there they'd be staying with me and we'd be having a ball! Larnie, ask JW if anyone from the SIP team has a spare room you can use. I am sure she will come up with someone.
Old Jan 29th 2010, 12:06 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Aussieoverseas
Don't be misled - whilst they may be a "quiet, older couple" they are as much fun as you can take in one sitting! If I was still there they'd be staying with me and we'd be having a ball! Larnie, ask JW if anyone from the SIP team has a spare room you can use. I am sure she will come up with someone.
Thanks aussie will get in touch when she is back from Egypt. xx
Old Jan 29th 2010, 1:37 pm
Account Closed

So what's happening in Al Ain these days? Any coffee mornings for 'older people". No offence to you young ones though! Have there been any groups started up since I was here such as a Book Group or maybe a Walking Group or even a Movie? I went for an hour power walk this morning but felt really conspicous on my own I so thought it might feel more comfortable in a group. The weather is so nice right now I thought I would try and whittle off a few pounds before the summer sets in?
Old Jan 30th 2010, 5:18 am
Just Joined

Paul Clark is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Like you I have just arrived (three weeks ago) and am living in a hotel/apartment and feeling a bit lost. Have you made any progress in finding accommodation?
Paul

Originally Posted by staceymay
Hello Everyone

thanks

Stacey
Old Jan 30th 2010, 7:06 am
Just Joined

Hello

Has anyone ever shipped a contained from Canada to Al Ain? I am trying to get a feel for how much the shipping rates are, and how many hoops one has to jump through.

Many thanks
Paul
Old Jan 30th 2010, 7:18 am
Just Joined

Default Arriving in Al Ain

Hello all

This may be a long shot, but does anyone know how to get hold of a piano for rent in Al Ain?

Many thanks
Paul
Old Jan 30th 2010, 7:23 am
Just Joined

Default New to Al Ain

Yet another question from a newcomer to Al Ain

This morning I saw a bus, numbered 700, destination Abu Dhabi. I have searched on the web, but cannot find any details of where it departs in Al Ain, and how frequently. Has anyone ever used this service?

Thanks
Paul

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.