Living in Al Ain

Old Oct 26th 2009, 8:53 am
Just Joined

cymrolass is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Living in Al Ain

Can anyone tell me where I can buy any plants, potting compost - grow bags - that sort of thing?
Old Oct 26th 2009, 11:13 am
Is not impressed...

Aikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really nice

Originally Posted by cymrolass
Can anyone tell me where I can buy any plants, potting compost - grow bags - that sort of thing?
Ace at Bawadi or the central market, behind Bawadi... follow the scent of livestock.
Old Oct 26th 2009, 12:04 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Aikman7981
Ace at Bawadi or the central market, behind Bawadi... follow the scent of livestock.
Great - many thanks!!
Old Oct 26th 2009, 2:20 pm
Just Joined

traverse is an unknown quantity at this point

There's a nice nursery at the end of Khalifa Street, east of the town centre. Just follow Khalifa Street east (shimmy when you see UAEXchange on your right), then at the end of that road it's on the corner to your left.
Old Oct 26th 2009, 4:30 pm
Just Joined

Kitesurfgirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shammy
All Tuesday Coffee Ladies - This tuesday we are meeting at the Palm Court Cafe at the Hilton- they have asked us there as they have a visiting pastry chef and will be doing a cooking demo - followed by eating the delicious treats!! Palm Court Cafe is the one to the Right of the Reception as you walk in the front door.
Shammy!
I will not be able to attend this one again, cause i have an appointment with the real estate agent. It is hard to find a good apartment here in Al ain. Does anyone have any recommendation for me? i am looking for a 2 bedroom apartment. Thanks.
Old Oct 27th 2009, 11:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Amazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shammy
All Tuesday Coffee Ladies - This tuesday we are meeting at the Palm Court Cafe at the Hilton- they have asked us there as they have a visiting pastry chef and will be doing a cooking demo - followed by eating the delicious treats!! Palm Court Cafe is the one to the Right of the Reception as you walk in the front door.
Shammy!

This morning was a great success and on behalf of the Al Ain Hilton thank you for everyone who made it such a great morning. I have been asked by the lady who gave the introduction this morning to have a coffee meeting with her to chat about more ideas for themed coffee mornings in the coming months. If you have any ideas on what you would like to see/hear/ discuss and your thoughts on this morning then please PM me or email me at [email protected] and I will pass them on. This was the first time this sort of morning has been arranged so lots of input and feedback is important for lots more enjoyable mornings to come. Its up to all of us to make it as successful and worthwhile as possible.
Old Oct 27th 2009, 1:57 pm
Just Joined

Litu is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Amazing Grace
This morning was a great success and on behalf of the Al Ain Hilton thank you for everyone who made it such a great morning. I have been asked by the lady who gave the introduction this morning to have a coffee meeting with her to chat about more ideas for themed coffee mornings in the coming months. If you have any ideas on what you would like to see/hear/ discuss and your thoughts on this morning then please PM me or email me at [email protected] and I will pass them on. This was the first time this sort of morning has been arranged so lots of input and feedback is important for lots more enjoyable mornings to come. Its up to all of us to make it as successful and worthwhile as possible.
Is there any possibility instead of coffe mornings to have get-together evenings?
Old Oct 28th 2009, 7:31 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Litu
Is there any possibility instead of coffe mornings to have get-together evenings?
I am also not able to make a Tuesday morning and would love to meet some new people - maybe someone would like to meet on a different day or possibly an evening!
Old Oct 28th 2009, 12:06 pm
Just Joined

gerra is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Litu
hello I understand that you would like something in the evening but since I am not working here I hope they keep organizing things during the day. Maybe they can do both. I really enjoyed the demonstration by Jean Luc and am looking forward to the next meeting. Maybe they can have guest speakers e.g. to tell us more about the culture we are living in.
Old Oct 28th 2009, 12:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Amazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gerra
hello I understand that you would like something in the evening but since I am not working here I hope they keep organizing things during the day. Maybe they can do both. I really enjoyed the demonstration by Jean Luc and am looking forward to the next meeting. Maybe they can have guest speakers e.g. to tell us more about the culture we are living in.
Gerra thank you for your thoughts and I will pass them on for you when I meet up with the staff from the Hilton. I love learning all about the culture of the countries I have visited and I am sure we can find someone who would be happy to come along and give us a talk on local culture and customs.

I am not sure about evening get togethers but I do know that in Paco's Bar in Hilton there is a Teachers' Night which could be an option for those not able to meet up during the day. Will try and find out more about evening getogethers.

I had a chat with some people today who would be happy to come along and give us a talk and demonstration about skin care which is so important with all especially in this climate which can be very harsh on our complections.

Keep giving me your ideas of what you would like to be the subjects for what seems to be a very promisable monthly morning.
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 4:04 am
Just Joined

trina_0123 is an unknown quantity at this point

My soon to be husband and I are coming over on single contracts but plan to rent together after our probationary period. Do we need to bring our marriage certificate to show anyone at any stage? do we bring our originals or will certified copies do?
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 5:24 am
Just Joined

Could someone please tell me the dates of the next Eid holiday?
Thanks!
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 7:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by trina_0123
My soon to be husband and I are coming over on single contracts but plan to rent together after our probationary period. Do we need to bring our marriage certificate to show anyone at any stage? do we bring our originals or will certified copies do?
If you are getting married before you arrive here then yes you will need your wedding certificate for residency. Also advise if you use Skype then can I suggest you download it before leaving. Also a VPN relevant to your country of origin if you want to download tv programmes, its also good for online banking.
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 7:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Could someone please tell me the dates of the next Eid holiday?
Thanks!
Dont quote me but I think its around the 27th November
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 8:00 am
Forum Regular

aberdeensiregirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Amazing Grace
Dont quote me but I think its around the 27th November
The AESS school finishes on 26th of November for a weeks holiday

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.