Living in Al Ain

Old Dec 31st 2008, 9:31 am
Just Joined

oivay is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Living in Al Ain

I can't imagine that this university would be highly regarded outside this region.

There are ice hockey and rugby teams which seem popular.

Oi
Old Dec 31st 2008, 10:18 am
Just Joined

loolilu is an unknown quantity at this point

ya i know. i have this feeling also.i was hoping someone would prove me wrong.thanks for ur reply.
Old Jan 9th 2009, 2:30 pm
Is not impressed...

Aikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really nice

Hello all,
We've all made the move at last and are staying at the Intercon until we can move into our villa. We did find a second villa after losing out on the first one and now will be in the Zakher area in a nice place with a garden. We'd love to meet up with anyone willing (especially those with young kids, ours are 2 and 4).

Usmahere, how old are your children and what does your screen name mean? My guess is US Military Academy.

Thanks to all for the advice (direct or indirect) as it has made the move much easier.

For those in need of an agent I can reccomend Abu Khalid, as soon as I find his number I'll post it. He found both places I liked.
Old Jan 10th 2009, 2:13 am
Forum Regular

buddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nice

OMG! Small world. We had your suitcase in our house for the past few weeks.
Williams wife here......... you will find a ton of folks with kids here.
Old Jan 10th 2009, 3:29 am
Is not impressed...

Aikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really nice

Small world indeed! Thanks for holding on to the suitcase for us by the way. Today we begin looking for furniture and appliances so if anyone is selling any or knows someone who is let me know.
Old Jan 10th 2009, 4:18 am
Forum Regular

buddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nicebuddymom is just really nice

Aikman, the bulletin board at Abelas market usually has furniture and household items for sale.
Try joining Al Ain expats group on Yahoo. There are some things for sale there at the moment.
Give a shout if you need anything , Mary Beth

Where are the peirogies??
Old Jan 10th 2009, 4:33 am
Forum Regular

ddavies73 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by buddymom
Where are the peirogies??
I hope Mrs T's and are we all invited???? Superbowl is just around the corner
Old Jan 10th 2009, 4:34 pm
Is not impressed...

Hello,
Just wanted to let everyone know that if you are looking for a villa to rent in Al Ain, Abu Khalid was very helpful. His number is 050 4494103. Let him know that Anthony Aikman refered you.
As for the pierogies, if we are set up by Superbowl time then we will try to have you guys over.

Last edited by Aikman7981; Jan 10th 2009 at 4:38 pm. Reason: Pierogies
Old Jan 11th 2009, 5:09 am
Forum Regular

Out of Africa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Aikman7981
Small world indeed! Thanks for holding on to the suitcase for us by the way. Today we begin looking for furniture and appliances so if anyone is selling any or knows someone who is let me know.
Hi there and good luck with setting up your new home. I'm quite envious as it seems like just yesterday that I was in the same boat. But now it looks like we will be leaving Al Ain for Doha at the end of this month or early next month, and more than likely, we will be looking to sell some of the furniture that we have bought here. Let me know what you are looking for and maybe I might be able to help you.
Old Jan 11th 2009, 6:57 am
Forum Regular

sassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Out of Africa
Hi there and good luck with setting up your new home. I'm quite envious as it seems like just yesterday that I was in the same boat. But now it looks like we will be leaving Al Ain for Doha at the end of this month or early next month, and more than likely, we will be looking to sell some of the furniture that we have bought here. Let me know what you are looking for and maybe I might be able to help you.
Hey all, congrats anthony on finding housing again !!!!! If we don't get our landlord to handle our complaints we might just be calling Khalid. By the way all, can you tell us where to go with tenants rights and having a problem getting landlord to do what was promised ? We have a few maintenance issue, a few cosmetic issues he promised to fix and so far we have gotten a few fixed but delay after delay and now nothing on the rest. Unfortunately the checks he has for the next 8 months have been given to him so we can't hold out rent. We are trying to handle this as smooth as possible but I told hubby i'm ready to move out and find another villa and if our roommate wants to stay here and deal with the bs and not get results, let him.. he was the one to write the checks.. i was told everything en shallah... ok that was 3 months ago... it is time for results but we didnt know who or what part of the UAE / AL Ain to go to with our grievances. By the way, we are still looking for furniture as well.. I will check out the al ain yahoo group website.. thanks !!!
Old Jan 11th 2009, 7:02 am
Forum Regular

sassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of lightsassypilotswife is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Out of Africa
NOOO you can't leave yet lol we just got back from the US for the holidays and I was looking forward to meeting ! Why Doha ? speaking of Doha.. I may be making a trip there around Feb. They have a school there that offers Paramedics to take a test in lieu of having to take a 48 hour refresher course and 24 ceu's for recertification of our national license. If you do have to sell furniture, let me know what you have. I am still looking as I mentioned above.
Old Jan 11th 2009, 7:30 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Aikman7981
Hello,
Just wanted to let everyone know that if you are looking for a villa to rent in Al Ain, Abu Khalid was very helpful. His number is 050 4494103. Let him know that Anthony Aikman refered you.
As for the pierogies, if we are set up by Superbowl time then we will try to have you guys over.

You guys have your hadns full. I was kidding about the pierogies.
Old Jan 11th 2009, 7:32 am
Forum Regular

How goes villa hunting Sassy?
Old Jan 11th 2009, 9:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Amazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond reputeAmazing Grace has a reputation beyond repute

As a well seasoned well travelled expat, please can I offer some advice based on experience...if you are house hunting and find what you want ask the landlord what you would like to have done and say you will give a percentage of the rent as a deposit and completion of rent when all the works have been carried out to your satisfaction. Its quite common practise that once you have handed over your money you wont see said LL again until you move out or he wants to put the rent up, having said that there are some good LL out there somewhere.. good luck if you are hunting
Old Jan 11th 2009, 12:05 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sassypilotswife
Hey all, congrats anthony on finding housing again !!!!! If we don't get our landlord to handle our complaints we might just be calling Khalid. By the way all, can you tell us where to go with tenants rights and having a problem getting landlord to do what was promised ? We have a few maintenance issue, a few cosmetic issues he promised to fix and so far we have gotten a few fixed but delay after delay and now nothing on the rest. Unfortunately the checks he has for the next 8 months have been given to him so we can't hold out rent. We are trying to handle this as smooth as possible but I told hubby i'm ready to move out and find another villa and if our roommate wants to stay here and deal with the bs and not get results, let him.. he was the one to write the checks.. i was told everything en shallah... ok that was 3 months ago... it is time for results but we didnt know who or what part of the UAE / AL Ain to go to with our grievances. By the way, we are still looking for furniture as well.. I will check out the al ain yahoo group website.. thanks !!!

Sassy. There are no tenant "rights" as we know in the States. NONE!! Sorry , cold truth. They may exist, but to enforce them, your lease would be have been up years ago,... everything takes a loooooong time.
Then looonger.
If you guys are unhappy, either bite the bullet, or have somebody buy you out of your rent , that you have already paid. Rent your share to someone else. Illegal, yes, but what goes on in Al Ain, stays in Al Ain.

I will pm you my number.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.