Living in Al Ain

Old Dec 26th 2012, 4:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond reputePongo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Living in Al Ain

Teaching English...........
Old Dec 26th 2012, 6:38 pm
Just Joined

MissLana2008 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

I'm new in Al Ain. I'm not British but I hope that's not such a big problem. I'm 23 years old, just moved to Al Ain area. I would like to meet other expats in this area.
Old Dec 26th 2012, 6:39 pm
Just Joined

MissLana2008 is an unknown quantity at this point

Is anyone interested for tennis lessons in Danat Hotel??
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 8:03 pm
Just Joined

mandyandpaul is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi my husband is moving to al ain in january and i will be following with my youngest son in april can anyone give me advise on housing please x
thanks mandy
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 4:36 am
Forum Regular

IndigoGirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Mandy - we are in an identical situation apart from the fact that it is just the two of us. My husband leaves uk on 13th January (well we think this is the date but are waiting for his ticket) and I will be joining him in April provided we have rented our house here. Housing is a difficult one when you have no idea of the situation or how things work and we are hoping hubby can stay in a hotel or apart-hotel until I get there and we can find something. Where are you in the uk?
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 5:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Bluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really nice

Originally Posted by mandyandpaul
Hi my husband is moving to al ain in january and i will be following with my youngest son in april can anyone give me advise on housing please x
thanks mandy
Hi Mandy, w
elcome to the Al Ain thread. I could write all day about housing in Al Ain, but a lot of it is here on the net already . Have a look here - http://www.alainrelocations.com/inde...al-advice.html.

In terms of areas, most people choose an area either close to work/school/recreation facilities - Al Ain is very spread out. You will get a feel for this if you download google earth and enter some of the waypoint detailed on my blog (Life in Al Ain series) - http://mbfullemptyquarter.blogspot.c...-shopping.html.

good luck with the move!
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 8:15 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the information, i have visited dubai and al ain on several occasions and im very excited about the new adventure , i think a housing compound would be better suited to my sons needs as hes only 12 and hes my first priority, its very difficult finding any information on one of them, my search continues. We too are waiting on flight details his expected departure date is the 15th.
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 8:19 am
Just Joined

Hi IndigoGirl we are in essex at he moment where are you ?
Old Jan 4th 2013, 5:18 am
Just Joined

UKNZ is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by teachfirst2003
Hey,

I am considering teaching in UAE and have applied for a job at a school opening in September 2013 in Al Ain.

Born and bred in London, England so know very little about Al Ain. Have a few friends who have taught in Abu Dhabi but know very little about Al Ain

What are the differences between living and working Al Ain then Abu Dhabi?

Thanks in advance.
Al Ain is quieter than the cities of Abu Dhabi and Dubai, yet you can travel to them from Al Ain in less than an hour and a half to visit beaches, concerts, shopping malls etc. The schools dont have very good accommodation on offer for their staff I have heard - but you would need to check that out.
Old Jan 5th 2013, 10:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Bluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really nice

Thanks for the information, i have visited dubai and al ain on several occasions and im very excited about the new adventure , i think a housing compound would be better suited to my sons needs as hes only 12 and hes my first priority, its very difficult finding any information on one of them, my search continues. We too are waiting on flight details his expected departure date is the 15th.
Get your hubby to have a look around as soon as he gets here - he can send you photos, details etc. He won't be able to rent a villa until he has his residency visa with can take 2 or more weeks, so he will have time. If I had to live in a compound I would consider the Oyoun Village first, like the feel of the place and the facilities, not too far away from schools road, Al Ain Mall etc. (http://www.uae2let.com/community-1/a...village-al-ain).
Old Jan 5th 2013, 12:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ladies - you are very welcome to come along to our Tuesday Coffee Morning- Hediard's, ground floor, Al Ain Mall from 10am-11.30am
https://www.facebook.com/groups/189139154475771/
Old Jan 5th 2013, 1:11 pm
Just Joined

Thankyou for your help the oyoun village is he one i like he look of so defo after one of those just hope there are some still available once her gets there x i cant find any photos of the other one which is close to al ain mall.
Old Jan 5th 2013, 1:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thankyou for your help the oyoun village is he one i like he look of so defo after one of those just hope there are some still available once her gets there x i cant find any photos of the other one which is close to al ain mall.
I know people who live in Al Andalus and love it, however the Al Oyoun has much more in the way of open spaces. This is a link to a pic of Al Andalus - http://www.diarconsult.com/english/p...e=1&Pro_Type=1. Amazing that there are so few pictures of it on the net!
Old Jan 5th 2013, 1:35 pm
Forum Regular

Casta is just really niceCasta is just really niceCasta is just really niceCasta is just really niceCasta is just really niceCasta is just really niceCasta is just really niceCasta is just really niceCasta is just really niceCasta is just really nice

Found some pics on FB: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Al-An...89768411064786

Last edited by Casta; Jan 5th 2013 at 1:36 pm. Reason: Changed URL
Old Jan 5th 2013, 11:43 pm
Forum Regular

IndigoGirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi IndigoGirl we are in essex at he moment where are you ?
we are in North Yorkshire - think hubby is flying out on 13th Jan but no ticket received yet so just waiting patiently..............

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.